1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

eBay Affiliate Program Commissions Doubled

Discussion in 'Commission Junction' started by digitalpoint, Jun 30, 2004.

1. riziko

riziko Peon

Best Answers:
    Yeah I think they are the sites. I dont know why you think you have to be a US citizen. They just send you a cheque in US dollars and you convert it to your home currency.

Ross

riziko, Apr 4, 2005 IP
  2. 12FreeForums

12FreeForums Peon

Best Answers:
    If you know where too look, you can earn $35.00 per registration with ebay and no tiers. Your users must sign up and bid on something within 30 days and you earn $35 for each one who does that.

12FreeForums, Apr 12, 2005 IP
  3. Juls

Juls Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    12freeforum, why dont you tell us?

Juls, Apr 12, 2005 IP
  4. digitalpoint

digitalpoint Overlord of no one Staff

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    It would be better to go with the tiers, because you can make up to $45 per with the tiers.

digitalpoint, Apr 25, 2005 IP
  5. digitalpoint

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    eBay is switching it up again... this time going to a completely different payout model (rev share instead of flat rates) starting October 1...

Monthly New User Active Registrations:
    1 - 499 = $12 each
    500 - 2,999 = $16 each
    3,000+ = $20 each

Monthly Revenue Sharing:
    $0 - $4,999.99 = 40%
    $5,000 - $24,999.99 = 45.00%
    $25,000 - $49,999.99 = 50.00%
    $50,000 - $99,999.99 = 55.00%
    $100,000 - $199,999.99 = 60.00%
    $200,000 - $299,999.99 = 65.00%
    $300,000+ = 70.00%

The rev share is based on money collected by eBay, not the selling price of the items (of course). This means you will only get paid on WINNING bids/buy it now (BIN). Also, the cookie duration for bid/BIN is going from 30 days to 7 days, but instead of just getting paid for one action, you will get paid for every winning bid/BIN within that period.

digitalpoint, Sep 7, 2005 IP
  6. dkalweit

dkalweit Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Do you know if we get paid on bids/buys or selling? Sellers are the ones who pay Ebay, so would we get paid for buyers purchasing the items? I guess I should dig up this program over at cj.com-- I wonder why I didn't see an Email about it...

--
    Derek

dkalweit, Sep 7, 2005 IP
  7. NAZAM.COM

NAZAM.COM Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    What proportion of experienced net users already have an eBay account do you reckon?

Maybe it's not worth promoting them - as mentioned at the start of this thread don't a massive number of people already have an eBay account? Therefore you'll be sending visitors to them and not earn the registration fee...

NAZAM.COM, Sep 7, 2005 IP
  8. digitalpoint

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    It's paid on bids/BIN, not selling. You get paid for buyers buying something (a percentage of the fees that eBay collects from the sellers).

digitalpoint, Sep 7, 2005 IP
  9. dkalweit

Best Answers:
    I've never really understood this-- particularly getting paid for un-succesful bids-- the same as a BIN, at that... Ebay should provide some reward for sending SELLERS to the service(other than the registration)...

Oh well, I guess only time will tell if revenue sharing will bring in more $$$ for me than registrations/bids/bins-- I get quite a few $.10 bids/BIN's for specific Ebay product searches I list on my site-- this bid/bin structure could work better than flat rate...

--
    Derek

dkalweit, Sep 7, 2005 IP
  10. dkalweit

Best Answers:
    That's what I always thought, but there's still people registering... Even those that aren't looking for 'Ebay registration' or simply 'ebay' on search engines... Getting paid for general bids/bins isn't too bad, either-- though the current $.10/flat seems low...

--
    Derek

dkalweit, Sep 7, 2005 IP
  11. kokopelli

kokopelli Peon

Best Answers:
    Cool, we'll have to see how that goes!

kokopelli, Sep 7, 2005 IP
  12. gunbuster

gunbuster Peon

Best Answers:
    My first reaction is that this sucks :p, 70% of eBay's revenue may be very little. Ebay's revenue comes from the listing fees -- which can be in the pennies for certain types of products. (Think dutch style auction where 50 items are sold)

I suppose it'll take a change in strategy -- less emphasis on ACRUs and more on delivering solid leads to sales.

gunbuster, Sep 7, 2005 IP
  13. dkalweit

Best Answers:
    Last time I sold on Ebay, insertion fees were $0.25/item minimum, and then there was something like a 5% charge on top of that(if the item sold). So, if I provided a lead that sold a $10 item at 40% sharing, it should be something like (.25*.4)+(10*.05*.4)=0.1+0.2=$.30. Cooincidentally, the $.25*.4 is 10 cents-- the current bid/BIN price... Maybe this is an all-good change(aside from the lowered ACRU rate)...

--
    Derek

Why would someone give me a neg rep over this post, I wonder?

--
    Derek

dkalweit, Sep 8, 2005 IP
    ozgression likes this.
  14. Mia

Mia R.I.P. STEVE JOBS

Best Answers:
    Because there are a lot of dirtballs on the forum that have nothing better to do. :)

Are you kidding? eBay makes a fortune off the seller, especially if the items sells. Those "pennies" add up real fast. Besides, I see a heck of a lot more bidding off my referral/affiliate pages than I do sign ups.

Mia, Sep 8, 2005 IP
  15. dkalweit

Best Answers:
    I agree-- even though I had a record # of signups yesterday... I send them far more sales every day-- many of them BIN's... Small $2-20 purchases, but with this structure, I think I should see more $$$ from them...

--
    Derek

dkalweit, Sep 8, 2005 IP
  16. affbusiness

affbusiness Peon

Best Answers:

I agree! eBay deserve a real chance! :)

affbusiness, Sep 8, 2005 IP
  17. SiCK

SiCK Peon

Best Answers:
    If you use the API and target just the featured items, you will make a killing, last time I ran a featured listing it cost to $109.00 list it.

SiCK, Sep 8, 2005 IP
  18. Such Great Heights

Such Great Heights Peon

Best Answers:
    I currently feel that the rev sharing idea by eBay will be a good thing for us affiliates.

I wonder how Shawn will prevail in particular. Shawn do you mostly get ACRUs or actual bids and BINs?

I know that our eBay commisions are a lot of the 10 cents (bids or BINs) and a ACRU or two for every 20 or so bids of BINs. So I think this rev share will increase the bids and BINs to a reasonable commision per winning bid that will even out the lower ACRU price. But now of course people will try to show featured auctions and expensive items so they get more commissions.

I'm just a little worried about how many actual winning bids we will refer to eBay. I hope the people we refer are serious about the auctions they want and will make sure they win. Because it sounds like affiliates wont get any commision if someone bids, but doesn't get the winning bid on the auction.

Again I am very interested to see how this first month will turn out. I'm hoping for more money on our end just because of the structure of payments, but who knows for sure?
    I believe Shawn has a higher frequency of eBay commisions per day so I wonder how the actual payouts will be; higher? lower? about the same?

Can't wait to see. :)

Such Great Heights, Sep 9, 2005 IP
  19. digitalpoint

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    My ACRU to my total bid/BIN ratio is about 1:27. The rev share thing wasn't done to save money for eBay, instead reward those that drive more valuable traffic. So most affiliates should benefit under the new terms. The ones that will make less money are ones like incentive based programs (like they ask people to go bid on something for $0.01 and never win the auction anyway).

digitalpoint, Sep 9, 2005 IP
  20. mdmsports

mdmsports Peon

Best Answers:
    If you have the type of site that can promote fancy cars and real estate, you could probably do real well. My ratio of bids/bins to ACRU is pretty high, I don't have a chart, but I get better than 1 ACRU per 10 bids.

So, the cut in pay from 20.00 to 12.00 is a bit of a shock, but we'll see how the bid prices work out, it's impossible to know how many non-winning bids we've been getting dimes for, as far as I can tell.

I suppose I should send more traffic to eBay motors rather than where I'm doing. And I'm sure that's exactly what eBay is trying to accomplish.

mdmsports, Sep 9, 2005 IP