1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

eBay affiliate - I'm confused... what are my options?

Discussion in 'Commission Junction' started by Roze, Nov 8, 2005.

MODS- Sorry it looks like this belongs in the CJ sub-forum, I didn't realize, you're welcome to move!

Hi all, can you give me a swift kick in the right direction?

I'm working on a site that will be a compilation of used instrument values submitted by users, a blue book if you will!

Now, these pages won't have THAT much content, (well they will, but it's like a directory you have to drill down through category pages) and it's ripe for advertising and of course Adsense will be on there, probably chitika too.

This occured to me last night, it would be great to become an eBay affiliate and pull in related listings. Is there a way i can do a dynamic search of ebay listings and on a page listing Yamaha Trumpets, pull in a block of current ebay actions related to Yamaha Trumpets?

I've seen Nintendo's script but I can't figure out if it does what I'm looking to do. The site is also in PHP and I'm not sure if I could pull in the perl unless I used an iframe?

How can I realize my grand imbition?

-Rose

Roze, Nov 8, 2005 IP
  2. mdmsports

mdmsports Peon

Best Answers:
    Yes, you can use their "editor kit", it works like a charm, you can choose the style of the listings to a small degree, and what keywords you want on the page. I use it very successfully on thousands of pages, each with different keywords. --Dennis.

mdmsports, Nov 8, 2005 IP
    Roze likes this.
  3. Roze

Roze Guest

Best Answers:
    Thank you very much, looking into this right now. I've been surfing eBay's tools list and I'm getting closer. I did find a program called ModBay which is in PHP and looks to do what I would want it too...there's also one called EasyBay from the same developer which costs less but isn't mod rewritten (fwiw I can do that myself and save 10 bucks, I'd probably chop the script up anyway...but we'll se what happens). Off to check out the editor kit!

Roze, Nov 8, 2005 IP
  4. Roze

Roze Guest

Best Answers:
    Looks like I need something more robust then the plain editors kit.

I've got the editors kit "sniplet" in my site and I'm using php to call in the search variables I need, so on the yamaha trumpet page I'm pulling in a search for "yamaha+trumpet" and on the miraphone tuba page "miraphone+tuba" with dynamic SId's also. Only problem is, some queries are relevant and some are not. I can get good results with "yamaha+trumpet" (that's %22yamah+trumpet%22 incase you think i'm writing it wrong) but "miraphone+tuba" brings me the default ebay results - no fear Tshirts! However, "miraphone tuba" without a plus brings me two very relevant results while "yamaha trumpet" shows instructional DVDs for playing piano. Is there a way around this problem besides setting a custom query for each brand? I can do that in my database but it's certainly more work. I've been reading threads about the low ebay payout here, maybe I should put my time into masterful adsense blending rather then ebay affiliate.

Roze, Nov 8, 2005 IP