1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Ebay Affiliate Commission Question

Discussion in 'Commission Junction' started by Kuraptka, Mar 13, 2006.

I have a question about ebay affiliates and cookies.
    Suppose you put a link to Ebay's main site(www.ebay.com, not any specific auction or anything). If someone clicks on that link and goes to Ebay, does that mean all winning bids for that person within 7 days is credited to me? can I just put a regular text link to Ebay instead of displaying their banners?

Kuraptka, Mar 13, 2006 IP
  2. digitalpoint

digitalpoint Overlord of no one Staff

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    Yes... you would get credit for all winning bids by that user for 7 days (or until they click someone else's affiliate link). You can use a text link instead of a banner.

digitalpoint, Mar 13, 2006 IP
  3. Kuraptka

Kuraptka Peon

Best Answers:
    Well, if this is the case, it sounds profitable. I could just create a content site, and display an affiliate link to a hilarious, or interesting auction, and make it prominent, so that 50% of visitors will click on it... and I'll get credit for all winning bids these visitors get after 7 days? Or create some service where users would want to click on my Ebay link to see something - maybe a search feature with the Ebay results displayed in a new window (Like Amazon Search Box).

Are these things legal?

Kuraptka, Mar 14, 2006 IP
  4. joch21

joch21 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Well there are like 1,000 sites like that already out there. (the funny auction site) I think Shawn even has one of those.

I dont know how you would do starting another one like that.

joch21, Mar 14, 2006 IP
  5. Kuraptka

Kuraptka Peon

Best Answers:
    So, do you get credit for 1 winning bid per click, or all their winning bids?

Kuraptka, Mar 14, 2006 IP
  6. vlad7

vlad7 Peon

Best Answers:
    All winning bids.

vlad7, Mar 14, 2006 IP