1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Earnings in US or Australian Dollars

Discussion in 'Payments' started by ~Julia~, Feb 14, 2006.

Hi,

As I haven't yet received my first payment (from December) I'm not sure about this. I have selected to receive my payments in Australian dollars. What I am curious about is when it displays the amount earned per day, month, whatever...is the figure in Australian or US dollars. I am presuming it's in Australian dollars, as that's how I've elected to receive my payment, but am not 100% sure of this. If it was US dollars & they then converted it to Australian when drawing up my cheque that would be good. I suspect it's not, but I thought I'd ask anyway.

~Julia~, Feb 14, 2006 IP
  2. Jarodboy

Jarodboy Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    In the reports it always shows in Us dollars.
    The cheque is up to you...If you choose Australian dollars so you gonna receive it in that currency ;)

Jarodboy, Feb 14, 2006 IP
  3. ~Julia~

~Julia~ Peon

Best Answers:
    Woohoo, that's great. It means I'm earning more then as the Australian dollar is worth less than the US dollar. Thanks for the info.

~Julia~, Feb 14, 2006 IP
  4. fdlinda

fdlinda Peon

Best Answers:
    Yes I love that.. I feel bad for feeling a little bit happy when the australian economy goes down haha.
    My cheque from November in USD is STILL clearing through my bank. December cheque in AUD cleared in 2 days.

fdlinda, Feb 16, 2006 IP
  5. mnemtsas

mnemtsas Super Dud

Best Answers:
    Hah I don't feel bad when the Aussie dollar dives. When I first started my online stuff the Aussie dollar was less than 50c US. Now I've lost 50% of my potential revenue because Mr Howard is doing such a great job running the economy. I wish there was a recession in the offing or something. Or perhaps a stock market crash.

mnemtsas, Feb 16, 2006 IP
  6. gavinoz

gavinoz Peon

Best Answers:
    Its the resources boom that is one of the main drivers behind the strength of the Aust dollar, an external driver which is beyond little Johnies control but he nevertheless benefits from it. Probably don't need a complete stock market crash but an end to the resources boom might help.

Don't worry about the exchange rate because long term the AUD will trend lower against the USD. The US is running unsustainable deficits. To continue to attract money to finance their debt they will have to increase interest rates to make their bonds an attractive investment relative to the risk. When this happens demand for USD will rise (as investors seek to buy USD denominated bonds) and this flows through to a lessening of demand for AUD. Hence the AUD falls relative to the USD.

What I wish is that they would start doing electronic transfers for AUD not just cheques. I'm about to start on Adsense and the delay of cheques is an irritation.

gavinoz, Feb 19, 2006 IP
  7. Hon Daddy Dad

Hon Daddy Dad Peon

Best Answers:
    The AUD long term trend is to strengthen against the US dollar.

Demand for USD will not rise as US interest rates rise.

Hon Daddy Dad, Feb 19, 2006 IP
  8. mnemtsas

mnemtsas Super Dud

Best Answers:
    Boo hiss. Don't say that. :D

mnemtsas, Feb 19, 2006 IP
  9. forumbulge

forumbulge Guest

Best Answers:
    Blame Costello, he'll be in charge soon too :rolleyes:

In a few years we'll be paying 50% tax rate so he too can line his house with new luxury carpet....

forumbulge, Feb 22, 2006 IP
  10. dcristo

dcristo Illustrious Member

Best Answers:
    Articles:
    The adsense earnings reports are in USD. It's converted to AUD when they mail you the cheque payment.

dcristo, Feb 22, 2006 IP
  11. Blinksy

Blinksy Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    awesome... its always good dividing by that .7340

Blinksy, Feb 27, 2006 IP