1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Earning Thousand$ ?

Discussion in 'Google AdWords' started by paradox, Sep 24, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
    Probably most of you have gotten some UCE spamming the book "Google Cash
    - How To Earn Thousands Writing Google Adwords Part-Time" by Chris Carpenter.

I actually read the pitch before the delete this time and was wondering if anyone had actually purchased and read this how to re adwords? Is it any good or just the usual deceptive spam?

paradox, Sep 24, 2004 IP
  2. joeychgo

joeychgo Notable Member

Best Answers:
    I would imagine they will tell you to pick high paying keywords - then make 50 sites with adsense, and spen 8 hrs a day adding content and getting backlinks.

joeychgo, Sep 24, 2004 IP
  3. lorien1973

lorien1973 Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Does anyone ever stop to think about it? At what other point in history could you get paid for doing nothing other than promoting someone else's services - when they didn't even ask you to.

lorien1973, Sep 24, 2004 IP
  4. Sholva

Sholva Peon

Best Answers:
    I think about it, and I know it could have been around for much longer...(more than just a year or 2) but human nature is that some people are always going to scam the system and ruin it for others so it required an infrastructure advanced enough to balance the amazing scalability and automatic connections vs the power of the scammers and spammers.

On the thread subject, I think a lot of those ebooks promoted out there are based on simple concepts which are either common sense or something you could come up with yourself if you sat down and thought about it hard enough.

:cool:

Sholva, Sep 24, 2004 IP
  5. lorien1973

lorien1973 Notable Member

Best Answers:
    I bet a lot of people buy ebooks thinking there might - just might - be a little insight in them. But I think the second post is exactly what will be said, but just spread across 50 pages, instead of 50 words.

lorien1973, Sep 24, 2004 IP
  6. joeychgo

joeychgo Notable Member

Best Answers:
    It didnt even take me 50 words LOL where is my $25??

joeychgo, Sep 24, 2004 IP
  7. stephfoster

stephfoster Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I bought Google Cash months ago. It has some pretty good ideas for running AdWords ads, but I've never mastered it.

No, I didn't buy it from a spam email. I bought it though a link on another website, whose owner is using it to earn some good money off AdWords. I make some money on AdWords, but I really don't work on it like I should; I prefer making websites to doing the advertising.

If you don't want to buy it through a spam email link, I have an affiliate link for it ;)

stephfoster, Sep 24, 2004 IP
  8. Infiniterb

Infiniterb Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Like most e-marketing (and ebooks in general) the book is written and into consumer hands far after most of the money is made (why else would someone write a book on a niche topic like this). They're beginning to lose money using their current methods, so in order to make more, they are selling their ideas that made them so much money. They realize that all the good keywords that are out there for a .05 are pretty much gone.

I dabbled with Google Cash after downloading the PDF from usenet. I found the ideas to be ingenious, but realized that the book was written about a year and a half ago. Now that the cat is out of the bag so to speak, everyone knows about it and the market place is saturated. I'm thinking that in order to make a buck using adwords and affiliate links now adays, you need to be regional. You won't make a ton of money, but maybe 20 bucks a keyword per month would off set hosting or some other expense you have within your other business means. Every little bit helps.

In any event, unless someone has some insightful tips that go above and beyond the Google Cash book, I'm all ears.

Infiniterb, Sep 30, 2004 IP
  9. disgust

disgust Guest

Best Answers:
    there are loads of people still making, well, pretty insane amounts of money off of adwords.

check out webmasterworld a bit and you'll get a feel for it.

disgust, Sep 30, 2004 IP
  10. Infiniterb

Best Answers:
    Webmaster world is always down for me, or just really slow. Not sure why.

In any event, what terms are they using? The google cash method states that you should always buy low and sell high. Low is typically .05 a click key terms. There's a tool called Ad Word Analyzer that looks for these terms for you (and they recommend). The tool works as advertised, and makes the research load very light.

I'd imagine they aren't using .05 cent key terms anymore, and have likely moved up. Granted, you can still make some cash with that method, but you're gonna spend more than what Google cash recommends.

11. john_loch

john_loch Rodent Slayer

Best Answers:
    Here's the ghist of it.

If you want to make any money through G adwords (per the ebook method) it operates a scale of competition. The outlay has increased so much, and you need such a wide distribution, it becomes prohibitive. There are always going to be the exceptions, but that's just how it goes.

As for what was said earlier by infiniterb, that's SPOT ON. Regionalize. I have to mention this here, because **many** people overlook the significance of regionalization. It's worth an absolute fortune. I know, because it's one of my primary strategies, and the money I see every month qualifies it.. K's$ from adsense alone.

Not in terms of adwords, you'll be there forever (however you'll buy for pennies if you have the time for it) - no, try a cross referenced directory with 2 tiers, one for service, the other for region. If you just regionalise per country (take australia, 14,000 regions plus) then take an industry and work on derivatives (say house work/consumables). Suddenly you have 150,000 pages plus. Get *content* on those pages from auth sources, feeds, news etc, invite FREE registrations from industry providers (ie service profiles) and ensure it's rotated properly, and you have yourself a concern that's going to outperform adwords no-end.

Why am I telling you this ? Not a single one of those service/region combos will show up (in any significant way) when you're researching popular search terms. But add them up (ensuring you have a wide enough regional spread) and you have literally thousands if not tens of thousand of visitors a day.

What you do with the TARGETTED traffic is up to you, and of course, you need to fully understand the SEO essentials and how to implement them dynamically, but once you're there, well, what you do is up to you.

And a simple higher bid and word swapping aint going to cut your revenue in half overnight ! (unless G does something twisted) :)

Oh PS: As with all directory structures, remember to keep your code to content ratios LOW.

Anyone care to buy MY ebook ? :D

Cheers,

JL

john_loch, Sep 30, 2004 IP
    DarrenC likes this.
  12. Infiniterb

Best Answers:
    I'll help you write that book, my title will be "the guy with the ideas but they never materialize to much" :)

When I mentioned regionalize, I meant get down to a city level within your state. I never really thought much into using other countries and breaking that down into region (although it'd pretty much be the same idea).

You've really got two options, the first being the one mentioned in the google cash ebook (bid low for a hot key word, and hope to make a ton of money on referal links). The second option is bid on a lot of low traffic key words for low cost and spread yourself out to about as much as you can handle. This method WILL work, but it takes time and patience. The good news is that it doesn't take a ton of manual work, but it will take you some time.

For instance, if you live in a small town city, do some keyword research for your local area and see what people are looking for. If they're looking for items local to the area, sign up to CJ.com or Linkshare and try to focus an ad campaign promoting merchants that use those services.

13. disgust

disgust Guest

Best Answers:
    that's what PPCing is all about: finding a product to promote with the right keywords. NO specific examples you get in a book will work, because there will be so much competition. you need to come up with them yourself, no one's going to do that bit for you.

I'd start by signing up with CJ, looking at a store that looks interesting, and picking some products to promote. use the adwords estimater to get a good idea of what you'll have to pay per click.

disgust, Sep 30, 2004 IP
  14. john_loch

john_loch Rodent Slayer

Best Answers:

What are you saying - my ideas don't materialize ?

Sheesh - that copy's gotta be worth 10c at least ! :eek:

john_loch, Sep 30, 2004 IP
  15. Infiniterb

Best Answers:
    Nono. I meant my own ideas, not yours. Yours sound great. I've got other ideas, but a lack of patience and time kind of get in the way.

Guess that's what happens with school, work, and other things going on :)

Infiniterb, Oct 1, 2004 IP
  16. DarrenC

DarrenC Peon

Best Answers:
    Infiniterb, I know where your coming from - I run my business, I have loads of ideas for other ventures, start to design the sites, buy the domains, and now all of them 10% completed.. this rate I'll never get one of them launched!

DarrenC, Oct 1, 2004 IP
  17. Infiniterb

Best Answers:
    I guess the way you have to approach it is do one thing REALLY well and then work from there.

In society, the jacks of all trades typically don't succeed partly because our hiring process makes you focus on one skill or trait. For instance, when you apply for a job, you are applying for a position that has recommendations or requirements. The candidate that gets that job will typically fall into that particular role and do those requirements fairly well. You may have other abilities that venture away from your role within the company, but for the most part the people who hire you only know of the role you currently play. We're so pressed for time now adays, no one has the time, nor do they want to care about what else you can do. They'd simply hire someone else to do that same job and let you focus on what they hired you to do.

So, I guess my advice would be to concentrate on one site, or just your business and fine tune that until it begins to run dry. Once you've mastered that domain, start looking into other ventures. You'll be amazed at how less stressed you'd be.

Infiniterb, Oct 1, 2004 IP
  18. Old Welsh Guy

Old Welsh Guy Notable Member

Best Answers:
    wwwhomes, I can beat that. I have drawers full of fully researched business ideas that will work. I had one recently (last 6 months) that involved property sales (estate agent/real estate. It allowed everyone to place their porperties for sale for free. Private sellers, agents the lot. I devised a revenue stream based on exclusive advertising.

I actually brought this to fruition, with the intention of franchising it out. I contacted the advertisers first, and they jumpoed at the chance with a 50% take up rate on a cold call basis. I then telephone a couple of large estate agents . Not so large as to be un manageable, but like 10 office agents. The second one I spoke to asked if I would get together with him as he had a proposition. I went, and he offered to buy the idea off me, there and then for a nice sum.

I asked him what he was going to do with it, and he told me "stop you from using it" he might set it up himself as aseparate business, but like he said, with him taking 1.25% and the average property on his books selling for £180,000 he can not afford to risk it.

He knew that I would get top rankings for the phrases relevant to Wales, so he just wanted it on hold. SO the only buggering project I brought to completion for a log time, and it looks like it will never see the light of day.

PS anyone outside of wales who is interested can buy my E-book at www.lmao........... :)

Old Welsh Guy, Oct 1, 2004 IP
  19. john_loch

john_loch Rodent Slayer

Best Answers:
    Hey Old Welsh Guy,

Just remember, if it weren't for the light of day, you'd never see the green.
    Ahh the many hues of mint.. ;)

If I'm not mistaken, you pulled the rabbit out of the hat, and may not even know it. Have you any idea what a nightmare it would be managing that sort of a site ? With free listings you'd have stupendous volume (especially if it's all RE sectors).

There's nothing I hate more than too much work to be creative. On selling that site the way you describe above was a damn good move :)

john_loch, Oct 2, 2004 IP
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.