1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Earning from Facebook Group

Discussion in 'Facebook' started by Tin Zamin, Jun 20, 2021.

I run a Facebook group with over 25,000 members. I want to earn some money from this group. What is the best way to do it? Can I get 3rd party companies to advertise on the group and if so how do I find them?

Thanks!
    Dave

Tin Zamin, Jun 20, 2021 IP
  2. Win Shaw

Win Shaw Peon

Best Answers:
    Hi

Firstly you don't want to go overboard as you don't want to lose any members, but in moderation, these are how I would suggest doing this. It's hard to be precise without knowing your niche, and how many times you post a day, but these are what I would do:

1) You could sell advertising posts. If you google this there are plenty of places you can find people willing to pay for a promotional post.

2) You can sign up to a relevant affiliate campaign. Set up a landing page (as Facebook probably won't want your affiliate links on their platform), and then add your affiliate link on your landing page. Then post content with a link to your landing page.

Could I ask how long it took you to grow to 25,000 members, and what methods you found effective for gaining members?

I hope these tips help.

Win Shaw, Jun 20, 2021 IP
    wisdomtool likes this.
  3. Tin Zamin

Tin Zamin Peon

Best Answers:
    Thanks for the info.

My group is 5 years old but for some reason it went from 1K to 25K over the past few months. All i did was post every day.

So, do Facebook not like you getting 3rd party advertisers on your group page?

Is there any sort of guide to show how to affiliate marketing on groups? I ask as there is so much confusing info out there (and on you tube)!

Thanks

Dave

Tin Zamin, Jun 20, 2021 IP
  4. Win Shaw

Win Shaw Peon

Best Answers:
    No, they're not keen on affiliate links on Facebook. I've seen various people say they got banned for posting affiliate links straight on Facebook. There is a saying that any platform that allows affiliate links, gets ruined by affiliate marketers. But the landing page method should avoid any problems.

I only joined this forum yesterday - so I don't think I'm allowed to post any links yet, but I'd suggest watching youtube vids from different people and try and pick out what makes sense, I don't think there is any one ultimate trust worthy source.

I don't know what niche your group is in, but if you haven't signed up to affiliate platforms already, Click Bank, Commission Junction and JV Zoo are popular and should have a relevant program for your niche.

As for the landing page, you can just use a free 'Google Sites' page with your affiliate link/s on. It will be fine to post your Google Sites link on Facebook.

Win Shaw, Jun 20, 2021 IP
  5. Tin Zamin

Tin Zamin Peon

Best Answers:
    Thanks for the info. Our group covers unusual and strange videos and stories. Any idea on the type of people we should approach for marketing?

Tin Zamin, Jun 22, 2021 IP
  6. NicoleW

NicoleW Member

Best Answers:
    Why don't you just create promotion posts in your group. It can be any products and services that related to the topic of your group at least a little bit.
    But do not overload your audience too much

NicoleW, Jun 22, 2021 IP
  7. Tin Zamin

Tin Zamin Peon

Best Answers:
    Thanks for your help!

Yes we have a shop setup selling branded mech, but none of our 30K members seem interested. Unless we are missing something!

When you say "promotion posts" what do you mean? Our understanding was that once we had amassed a few thousand members, we would be able to find 3rd party business who would want to advertise the the group? Is this not how it works?

Tin Zamin, Jun 22, 2021 IP
  8. Win Shaw

Win Shaw Peon

Best Answers:
    You could write some articles and publish on your own blog, then either pub some Adsense or Amazon ads on there, or advertise something generic through a high paying affiliate program. The conversion would be low-ish but you should earn something.

Maybe there might be an opportunity for Taboola ads on there. I've never used them so you would need to research that.

The good thing here is you are not trying to rank this blog in Google, so the content doesn't have to be long, just interesting to your site users.

Win Shaw, Jun 23, 2021 IP