1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Buying Earn $200 - Need Wordpress Plugin to get content from YACG

Discussion in 'Programming' started by shoedeluxe, Oct 8, 2010.

Hi all.

A short way to describe the project would be create an interface between wordpress and YACG. When creating a new post in Wordpress, I want to be able to assign a post-keyword. Then the wordpress-plugin would add this keyword to the keyword list in YACG (a text file). Then wordpress would read the page generated (http://www.myYACGsite.com/MYKEYWORD) and put the title and text in the post.

Solution:

I have made a setup of YACG which provides me with pretty good scraped results when I feed it a list of foreign keywords (Link on request).

Each keyword has a dedicated output page (generated by the page.php file), with scraped and markoved results.

This setup of YACG uses the hooks ‘blogsearch’ in combination with the ‘markov_alt’ hook. The Markov_Alt hook is a different one than the markov hook that comes with the package. I can send you the customized setup of YACG for you to use, if you are interested in this project...

You can also get the standard YACG at: http://www.getyacg.com (you have to register for the forum and get it there).

See e.g. <LINK REMOVED - Will provide through PM)> for an online example. Try and reload the page; it will each time provide new scraped content.

In order to make this work I identified the following tasks:

Images inYACG:
    - Change the image scraping method, in such a way that it takes a random image from the result list (not always the first picture, but sometimes pic#3, then pic#1, then pic#8, etc.)
    - Add random between 0 and 2 image results (sometimes no images in output, sometimes 1 picture, sometimes 2 pictures – when 2 pictures, put one in front of article and one in end of article).
    - Consider scraping from altavista image search, instead of google image search, to minimize google’s suspicion.

Scraped & Markoved content in YACG:
    - Put the keyword in the first sentence
    - Add keyword in the title if it is not in there from scraped results
    - Put the keyword in the last sentence
    - Keep the current html formatting from YACG (<p> <li> etc.)
    - Make sure no <h1> are used in scraped content (raplace them with h2 or h3)
    - If possible control the keyword density of the scraped content
    - Random format the main keyword (or a couple of words, with keyword) every once or twice e.g. bold, italic.
    E.g. “Lorem ipsum <b>dolor</b> sit amet, consectetur” or ”Lorem ipsum <b>dolor sit amet</b>, consectetur”. Max about 3 times or so…

Wordpress plugin:
    - Add field on the edit-post-edit screen to enter/edit the target keyword, the current post should scrape
    - Add button on edit-post screen to load content from the specific YACG scraped page (to scrape a new post and to rescrape an already existing post)
    - In post-overview page (http://MYSITE.com/wp/wp-admin/edit.php), add extra column, with target keyword of the post
    - Plugin settings page: add possibility to enter a list of keywords, and dripfeed posts based on list of keywords
    - In settings page: Add possibility to select target language to scrape (using something something like $query = 'http://blogsearch.google.com/blogsearch?hl=($language)&q='.urlencode($keyword); in the code). Possibility to add more languages.

Other:
    - Proxies. Might need the support for proxies, to avoid SE bans. Proxies are supported by YACG, but probably needs a way to automatically update list of working proxies.
    - Special character support (utf-8). Will be dealing with keywords like "møbler, Pruß, Elégance, etc..."

My budget is about $200. I hope to hear from you!

Thanks,
    Erik

shoedeluxe, Oct 8, 2010 IP