1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

EA Can Go Screw Itself... The lemonarian CB Journal.

Discussion in 'ClickBank' started by lemonarian, May 2, 2008.

1. Supper

Supper Peon

Best Answers:
    Get any clicks from AD?

Supper, May 5, 2008 IP
  2. lemonarian

lemonarian Peon

Best Answers:
    One approved article, and as far as I know they don't track clicks, but there's 26 "downloads". I guess that means views.

lemonarian, May 5, 2008 IP
  3. Supper

Supper Peon

Best Answers:
    Hmm, Yeah, downloads are views. That's pretty decent starting out. I'll definitely try with them now.

Supper, May 5, 2008 IP
  4. Supper

Supper Peon

Best Answers:
    Hey man, another quick question. I believe you said that you need to write 500 words minimum. Where did you see that? Cause I can't find it. I just submitted one that was 350.

Supper, May 5, 2008 IP
  5. bl4ckmaN^

bl4ckmaN^ Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Supper

I think the minimum is 250.

bl4ckmaN^, May 5, 2008 IP
  6. Supper

Supper Peon

Best Answers:
    Awesome. It's right in the sweet spot.

Supper, May 5, 2008 IP
  7. lemonarian

lemonarian Peon

Best Answers:
    Well, I have gotten declined before for not having enough words in the article... Oh well, then that's just awesome. I was having this problem sitting there and having "finished" writing the article... at 374 words. So I had to come up with MORE stuff after I thought I was done.

I'll try submitting shorter articles then, thanks.

8. Supper

Supper Peon

Best Answers:
    lemon, keep us updated on that ebook you're reading. I'd like to know if the email marketing stuff inside it is decent.

Supper, May 5, 2008 IP
  9. lemonarian

lemonarian Peon

Best Answers:
    Yah I will. Also, the other 4 articles were declined for bolding the links, lmao. Just re-submitted them.

I'mma go ping my RSS feeds for various lenses now...

10. Supper

Supper Peon

Best Answers:
    Yeah, I had a bunch accepted there just this morning. One was rejected because I forgot to pick a category lol.

One of my pen names is an expert author. woohoo.

Supper, May 6, 2008 IP
  11. lemonarian

lemonarian Peon

Best Answers:
    Got everything approved now. I think that, because they're not as big as EA, they accept articles faster. Just got one approved in like an hour.

lemonarian, May 6, 2008 IP
  12. Clare Hayes

Clare Hayes Guest

Best Answers:
    Hiya lemonarian just subscribed to this thread :). Just started article maketing myself and I'll be intrested in how it goes with Article Dashboard. I have never used them before but to get an article approved within an hour-thats impressive.

Let us know when you make any sales or have any clickthroughs.

Clare Hayes, May 6, 2008 IP
  13. lemonarian

lemonarian Peon

Best Answers:
    Haven't submitted much today, though I'm working on doing some viral video stuff, which is totally bum marketing... Bum marketing as in FREE!

lemonarian, May 7, 2008 IP
  14. Supper

Supper Peon

Best Answers:
    Cool. It's funny when you work on other things it doesn't seem like you get much done. I don't feel like I'm accomplishing much since I'm trying for opt-ins and not getting any sales lol.

Supper, May 7, 2008 IP
  15. lemonarian

lemonarian Peon

Best Answers:
    True, lol. I'm a bit of a procrastinator, but it's not like a serious condition... I'm putting up a video pre-sell, and driving traffic to that with the same videos, lol.

Another reason I'm not working so much with my article marketing is that I'm a blogger and I focus heavily on my blogs. I'd rather build a long lasting relationship with my blog readers than make some fast cash off random Bob's surfing through the interweb.

I even spent like 3 hours yesterday working on a new banner for one of my blogs.

Also, I need some help with keyword research. I can't come up with profitable keywords for my articles.

Supper (or anyone else), how do you do it?

lemonarian, May 8, 2008 IP
  16. lemonarian

lemonarian Peon

Best Answers:
    SALE ALERT!

I had like, what, my fifth sale today? However not through clickbank, but the myHelpHub affiliate network. I actually like them more than CB, probably because they have awesome high quality products in my (and many others) niche. The reason I like them more than clickbank is because pretty much all of them are really high converting and they have killer sales letters.

lemonarian, May 8, 2008 IP
  17. Patchkaa

Patchkaa Peon

Best Answers:
    I think people should watch out using EA too much because people are spamming it as door pages to websites that link to affiliate sites. Like Hubpages, Ezine articles will get penalized and alot of articles will drop in the serps eventually because its flooding googles search results , I've read alot of articles and most are regurgiated crap!!

Patchkaa, May 9, 2008 IP
  18. lemonarian

lemonarian Peon

Best Answers:
    Thanks... And I've come up with something else. I think I know my "calling" and I realised this as I was jumping on my trampoline outside lol. I'm a blogger, and that's something I really enjoy doing. I already run two blogs, and practically all of my sales from both clickbank and myHelpHub are through my blogs.

I've decided to focus less on the article directories and more on my blogs, and bulding up a good relationship with readers. See, if John Chow can pull in $30, 000 a month from a single blog, there's no reason whatsoever that I wouldn't be able to do the same.

Zen Habits is in the same niche as I am and he's got 50, 000+ RSS subscribers, Steve Pavlina as well and he's also making thousands everyday through his blog.

This does not mean that I won't do any article marketing at all, but the whole idea of just driving traffic to some random landing page doesn't really appeal to me and it doesn't feel like a serious business. That's like I'm doing something just to make some fast cash off random people on the web. Sure, it might just work and we've got several people on here that are living proof of that, but it doesn't feel right to me.

I don't enjoy spending time researching some random niche that I have no interest in, just so I can write some articles for them. I feel better as a blogger and one of my blogs already has a PR 2 and I put that up in like, february. That might not be a huge accomplishment but I rank easily enough in google.

So my tip is this: do what feels right for you, or you're gonna get bored and get more and more unproductive.

lemonarian, May 9, 2008 IP
  19. Supper

Supper Peon

Best Answers:
    I think wordtracker and adwords keyword tool are sufficient for finding keywords. A cool feature for finding long tails with adwords keyword thing is search your niche, like "internet marketing" for example. You'll get a list of keywords. Find one that is like 3 or 4 words. Search that keyword at google. Take the url from that search, put it back in the adwords keyword tool and have it check each page and it comes up with even more keywords.

I like blogging too, I just end up sucking at monetizing them because I like doing satire sites and I enjoy cursing. My satire sites build long lasting relationships... relationships of hate lol. I put my satire blog on hold while I do more profitable things.

Is this the end of your journal?

Supper, May 9, 2008 IP
  20. BGirl

BGirl Peon

Best Answers:
    I'm really liking this thread. Thank you for letting us "tag along" with you. I agree that blogging is a better business model. I think a lot of affiliates work hard to get traffic, never really capitalizing on it (in the forms of lists, RSS feeds, and building longterm viewer/readership).

BGirl, May 9, 2008 IP