1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

e-gold ?

Discussion in 'Payment Processing' started by varun8211, Nov 4, 2006.

1. eddy2099

eddy2099 Peon

Best Answers:
    I really don't see the issue about withdrawing my funds from Paypal, a few clicks and the transfer process to my bank account is made. I know there may be some countries which have restrictions but they are pretty much restricted from receiving money so withdrawl is not an issue in those cases and as for the rest, there is always the check option.

I see Paypal to be an easier to use solution because for the 103 countries, all you need is a credit card and you can pay through paypal.

From what I read, with e-gold, funds are not that easily converted to hard cash. You need to sign up with egold to get an account then fund it using an exchanger then another exchanger if you want to take your money out and that means services charges through the entire process and existing funds will get that 1% interest charge by egold if they are left in the account.

I am really skeptical with this whole egold thing and it just is too complicating to deal with. And as a customer, I don't seems to have any protection. I can do all the due diligence I want but if anything goes against my way, I am stuck.

Of course, as a merchant, it seems great because you get the money and no one can do a chargeback and it doesn't matter if you fulfil your end of the bargain.

eddy2099, Nov 7, 2006 IP
  2. grifter09

grifter09 Guest

Best Answers:
    I want to convert my paypal to E-gold or Moneybookers. PM me if you can help me.

I can do @ rate 1.3$ PP for 1$ E-gold or 1.2$ PP for 1$ MB

I have now 2390$ available Paypal Funds

grifter09, Nov 7, 2006 IP
  3. AbsolutelyFreeWeb

AbsolutelyFreeWeb Peon

Best Answers:
    Shift4sms, I agree with you on most things. Exchanging egold is too expensive. The official egold exchanger is omnipay (owned by egold) and they take 2% + bank fees. And another 2% + bank fees when you want to withdraw, and each bank fee is about $40. This makes egold exchangable only if you have big sums and a proper bank account. Also, egold value is fluctating, depending whether gold price goes up or down you may actually win or lose. Still egold takes a storage fee too.

And maybe you are right about using credit cards. I however am afraid of using them, since after a while you have given your number to a lot of emrchants and lose count of them if sometime one of them is bad, and you would have to change card etc...

I think there is still room for actors in this field. But the national laws are in the way. I think paypal must have great back up there or they would not be allowed to exist. A few month ago an egold exchanger was arrrested because the state said they did not have money transmitters license (and they would not give it to them as they would not recognise egold as a currency) google goldage.

We will add moneybookers to our cart soon. they take a high rate for credit cards 8%, while merchants never lose their money, customers can complain and get back money. the high rate goes to fraud insurance. But I read they dont allow transactions from merchant accounts to personal accounts, which suggests there still may be a problem using it.

eddy, you are among the lucky ones that can use paypal, the other ones then? the ones that must wait for a cheque from US while living on other side of the world? Where I live an american cheque costs about $80 to cash in. Others may not even be allowed to have a paypal account and have great difficulty once paypal freeze their accounts. I wonder what happens to their money, if paypal just takes it??

AbsolutelyFreeWeb, Nov 8, 2006 IP
  4. Shift4SMS

Shift4SMS Peon

Best Answers:
    Holy cow! Where do you live?! I think the French Revolution was triggered by less greed than this.

Shift4SMS, Nov 9, 2006 IP
  5. eddy2099

eddy2099 Peon

Best Answers:
    I hope that when you said $80 to clear a US check, you are referring not to US$80 but your local currency.

I don't think it cost that much to clear such a check. I am living on the other side of the world, Singapore but I agree it takes a while to clear a US based check but charges do not amount to more than US$15.

eddy2099, Nov 9, 2006 IP
  6. AbsolutelyFreeWeb

AbsolutelyFreeWeb Peon

Best Answers:
    I really mean $80 USD. In national currency its 500 SEK. The reason is banks don't accept them here other than through a collection agency. I once got an american cheque for $87. It was nearly worthless here. I had to send it to a friend in US.

AbsolutelyFreeWeb, Nov 10, 2006 IP
  7. forumrating

forumrating Notable Member

Best Answers:
    i am always away from e-gold, i am unsure about the security there
    with paypal i make call and im taken care of, support is very important,

forumrating, Nov 10, 2006 IP
  8. eddy2099

eddy2099 Peon

Best Answers:
    I assumed that when you mentioned 500 SEK, you are from Sweden. Sweden is a country which is accepted by Paypal and you can even withdrawl directly into your local bank account as Swedish Krona. You don't even need to worry about getting a check to cash in.

eddy2099, Nov 10, 2006 IP
  9. AbsolutelyFreeWeb

AbsolutelyFreeWeb Peon

Best Answers:
    We don't have any problem with paypal withdrawal here. However cheques are not a good choice for withdrawal in any country outside US imo.

AbsolutelyFreeWeb, Nov 10, 2006 IP
  10. eddy2099

eddy2099 Peon

Best Answers:
    Cheques are okay for me here in Singapore as long as they are not less than US$15, I'll get something from it. A number of places online now would pay in local currency and that cuts down on the wait time and the bank charges.

eddy2099, Nov 10, 2006 IP