1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

e-Gold Curiousity

Discussion in 'Payment Processing' started by jayL, Dec 7, 2006.

Pardon my ignorance, why are some people looking for e-gold and is even paying higher for it. Is e-gold some sort of "gold" currency and how much should one covert it?

jayL, Dec 7, 2006 IP
  2. sysop

sysop Peon

Best Answers:
    sysop, Dec 7, 2006 IP
  3. eddy2099

eddy2099 Peon

Best Answers:
    This might help you too http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/E-gold

The benefit of e-gold is to the seller because all transactions are final and the buyer does not have any recourse if they do not get what they ordered or if the seller does not deliver at all.

With other means of payment such as 2checkout or Paypal, the buyer has a means of recourse if he does not get what he ordered for or for non-delivery.

eddy2099, Dec 7, 2006 IP
    jayL likes this.
  4. jayL

jayL Peon

Best Answers:
    So how much would it cost to buy e-gold on the average? Or this should have the same currency as any electronic money?

jayL, Dec 7, 2006 IP
  5. inworx

inworx Peon

Best Answers:
    It varies from person to person as they may take $101(paypal) for $100(egold) or they may even take $120(paypal) for $100(egold)

inworx, Dec 8, 2006 IP
    jayL likes this.
  6. jayL

jayL Peon

Best Answers:
    Thanks for the info.

jayL, Dec 8, 2006 IP
  7. infopages

infopages Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    there is another reason that why people keep looking for egold and that is that its been accepted in most of the hyips and lyips whreas paypal is not been accepted and also its not easy to get good exchanges who offer egold so that why people look for egold and ready to pay even higher amount for that

infopages, Dec 8, 2006 IP
    jayL likes this.
  8. bnts

bnts Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Yes you are exactly right. People look for e-gold for investing in HYIPs and other online HYIP like programs. One cannot use Paypal for such programs as Paypal will frozen an account if they found out that the account is being used in HYIPs.

Maybe there are other reasons also, but HYIP is the main I think:)

bnts, Dec 8, 2006 IP
  9. jayL

jayL Peon

Best Answers:
    Great, now I have a better idea of why people use it. I was surfing the e-gold links pages and there were no different merchandise there that I can't avail through my paypal. So HYIP fanatics are after the e-gold exchange in most cases.

Thanks infopage, rep added.
    bnts, can't give you greens for now. Maybe another time

jayL, Dec 8, 2006 IP
    bnts likes this.
  10. bnts

bnts Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    lol..that's not a prob at all;)
    btw I feel paypal has a better feature than e-gold. And from e-gold, you cannot directly cash out into your banks and all as in Paypal.

Cheers.
    bnts

bnts, Dec 8, 2006 IP
  11. broco

broco Peon

Best Answers:
    Why people use e-gold?

Acceptance

Everyone in the world want to be able to accept international payment for their product or service. Paypal and e-gold provide this service, but it seems that paypal do not cover most part of the world.

Ok, paypal is growing and available on small countries but still have a limited number of countries where paypal account holder of that country can accept payment.

Let's say two years later paypal account holder of any country can accept payment but still, it's limited to people who have credit card.

While e-gold on the other hand offer it's service to accept payment for anyone on the world. No matter where they live, with or without credit card.

Security

Paypal is connected to your credit card or bank account, in case your account get hacked, the hacker can use your account to purchase anything and you will need to pay for the invoice.

E-gold is a kind of prepaid account, if something bad happened the to your account, what you will loose is the amount of money on that account.

Money making opportunity

Paypal take the payment fee for themself to send you the cash.

E-gold doesn't do this, they don't offer you a service where you can withdraw your e-gold money into cash. Can you see it? a money making opportunity, you can be an e-gold exchanger and collect some fee.

Tips: Since e-gold payment is final, make sure you know who you are willing to pay. If you want to buy or sell e-gold, it's better if you do it on your local e-gold exchager.

;)

broco, Dec 8, 2006 IP
    jayL likes this.
  12. bnts

bnts Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    That was indeed a very good explanation on why people want e-gold broco.

Good Work ;)

bnts, Dec 8, 2006 IP
  13. Scriptona

Scriptona Notable Member

Best Answers:
    How can i pay to get some gold in the first place ?

Will i always get rounded in the circle of Gold not converting into cash so the e-gold stock that i've has always to be used to buy other stuff in exchange with gold ?

thanks, i was just about to start a topic about some way to do money exchange without CC

Scriptona, Dec 8, 2006 IP
  14. broco

broco Peon

Best Answers:
    Just saying what i know about e-gold, bnts. :)

be7, i think the cheapest and safest way to exchange your e-gold is in your local exchanger which accept bank transfer payment. Credit card will charge you some fee :( while local bank transfer is usually free.

But before you do the transaction, make sure your exchager has valid address or phone number. I use to call my exchanger before making transaction so that i can make sure that we can finish the transaction in no time.

It would be an advantage if your bank account has internet banking enabled so that you could check wether you have received the cash.

I used to split my transaction into some incremental value. When i sold my first $300 of e-gold to my new exchanger, i sold $50 first, since it's processed quckly i sold another $100 which is also processed very quick, and sold another $150. Now that i have trust the exchanger, i sell full amount of e-gold at a time.

I trust the exchanger, but I always make a phone call to make sure that their e-gold exchange service is still in good standing ;)

broco, Dec 9, 2006 IP
    Scriptona likes this.
  15. Scriptona

Scriptona Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Thanks alot "broco" :)

Scriptona, Dec 9, 2006 IP
  16. pablo

pablo Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Looking at the website for e-gold, it doesn't come across as professional, or is it just me ?

pablo, Dec 9, 2006 IP
  17. bnts

bnts Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    One way is that you open up a strompay account, transfer your e-gold money to strompay and then ACH/Wire your money from strompay to your Bank. That seems the easiest way to me so far. There is 5% tax for e-gold to strompay and $1 deduction when you transfer from strompay to Bank.

bnts, Dec 9, 2006 IP
  18. sysop

sysop Peon

Best Answers:
    But... please remember that the security for e-gold account is still not very sophisicated. Hope that you use a very odd password and paraphrases to secure you account. Don't use the same password in other email account.

Many user account has been hijack due to this simple mistake.

sysop, Dec 9, 2006 IP
  19. Amoy

Amoy Active Member

Best Answers:
    u can make fast moey with egold

Amoy, Dec 10, 2006 IP
  20. Thibaut

Thibaut Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Hello,

I would not recommand using Stormpay. There was a big story with them related to 12dailypro autosurf few months ago. Many users lost thousands and thousands. And I think there are under a FBI investigation.

Cheers !

Thibaut, Dec 11, 2006 IP