1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

E-com store for beginners

Discussion in 'eCommerce' started by Youness1995, Dec 25, 2016.

Hello DP family

I'm finally decided to launch my website, Honestly, profitable, I feel that my niche isn't profitable, I don't know,maybe because I'm pessemestic, However, there is no way to turn n give up .

I wanted to share it with you " www.meowcart.com", in order to get your feedbacks weither it's positive or negative .

please take a minute to visit my store " https://www.meowcart.com" and help me improve it
    Your comments/suggestions/critics will be so helpful for me .

Thankss in advance for your answers, I really appreciate that
    Youness

Youness1995, Dec 25, 2016 IP
  2. Milliardo

Milliardo Active Member

Best Answers:
    Well, for one, it is not totally a niche market. If it would be for a certain breed of cats (like say for Persian cats only), then that would be a niche market. Cats are basically very general, like dogs are. Anyway, one thing that might be improved is to lessen page length. It can get annoying for people to scroll down too much. Featured products could be made as another link, or else be immediately up on the main page (as they're featured products). Also, lessen featured products to only 2 or 3 items. That would make them more special than have too many products as "featured" products. The quote by Dickens can be placed on the top instead of the bottom so as to lessen scroll down time.

Milliardo, Dec 28, 2016 IP
  3. Oleksandr

Oleksandr Member

Best Answers:
    Hey Youness1995. First congrats on your store :)
    I will skip the design and will give my feedback on conversion optimization, since it's more objective. Though the design can be definitely improved.
    Home Page:
    1. On the home page write down a short introduction. Who are you, your tag line, your values and what you stand for. People don't buy because of what you have, they buy because of what you believe(see Simon Sinek WHY on YouTube.)
    2. Replace 'About Us' button with 'Shop' -> drive people to your store first. It's your main objective and it's where money is.
    3. Video. Very important. If you can do your best to make a video 'Why Buy From Us' and 'Hello from Us'. And put them on the home page. It helps conversions tremendously. People watch a lot of videos and you should capitalize on this trend, otherwise you are leaving a lot of money on the table.
    4. Put a button 'Join the Mew Club'(or something like this). The button should open the opt-in popup so that people could subscribe to your email list. I recommend using Klaviyo as your email provider. If you have questions about opt-in ask me.
    5. Put featured products above the collections. Those products are more specific and should convert better(my opinion, you should split test this ideally)
    Header:
    1. First principle for good store conversions is to put the most important elements above the fold. It means that they should be visible without scroll. So decrease the height on the white menu and the main banner.
    2. Include search field in your header. People who use your search are most likely to convert -> search drives more sales.
    3. Put your tag line in the header.
    4. Put your phone number in the header.
    Footer:
    1. If you have any testimonials you should list them on your home page. Any kind of social proof is a BIG plus. Ideally you should have satisfied customers pictures on your home page.
    2. Put the same button Join the Mew Club in the footer.

I didn't look on the collections page and product page yet.
    Please do what I recommend and your store will make you money. I understand that it's a lot of work and this is how it should be. Otherwise everyone would do this. And because it's hard you should do it and stand out from your competition.
    If you have any questions don't hesitate to ask. Good luck :)

Oleksandr, Dec 28, 2016 IP