1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

E-book delivery through WordPress.com

Discussion in 'General Business' started by Allison Taylor, Sep 12, 2016.

I'm looking for an e-book delivery service that is compatible with wordpress.com (where my blog is hosted) and will allow me to accept PayPal payments. Do not list services that are compatible with WordPress.org, as they are two different platforms that allow different things. Thanks for your help.

Allison Taylor, Sep 12, 2016 IP
  2. shazer7

shazer7 Active Member

Best Answers:
    That is going to be a problem, because you cannot install plugins if you are using Wordpress.com. In order to do this you will need a plugin, this is not a standard feature of Wordpress. Looks like to might have out grown wordpress.com

shazer7, Sep 13, 2016 IP
  3. JamesONeill

JamesONeill Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Hey,

Unfortunately I'm not sure this is possible through the .com site. However, I think the best solution for you is to actually move your blog to a self-hosted situation. For the official WP guidance on doing this, go to this url: http://www.wpbeginner.com/wp-tutorials/how-to-properly-move-your-blog-from-wordpress-com-to-wordpress-org/

(sorry I can't post a click-through link as I'm a new member!)

It may seem a bit daunting, but if you are actually going to make some serious sales, its 100% worth the effort. And once you haved moved the site, finding plugins to allow you to sell an e-book will be very easy - I'd be happy to research this for you if you want (I have a lot of experience with wordpress.org but I have never needed an e-book plugin).

Have a great day :)

JamesONeill, Oct 7, 2016 IP
  4. Bernard Mark

Bernard Mark Member

Best Answers:
    of course it will be easiest to use 3rd party sites that allow paypal. you host your ebook there, write a good post on your blog and link it, because hosting it on your blog will demand you shielding the download link else any tech savvy person will bypass your payment page and download your ebook, this is unlikely when you use services like instabucks

Bernard Mark, Oct 7, 2016 IP