1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Dynamic saving and showing images

Discussion in 'PHP' started by dannbkk, Jan 16, 2009.

I am using php/mysql/apache linux server hosting for my site and testing the site on firefox 3.0+

I am creating a travel blog so I want to give my users a facility to uploaded images. I let them upload all images in a single folder "spaw2/uploads/images" and giving names of the files little dynamically using following code in spawfm.class.php

spawfm.class.php (line no 514)

I change from
    if (!@move_uploaded_file($uplfile['tmp_name'], $this->getCurrentFsDir().$uplfile_name)) {
    to
    $uplfile_name = $_SESSION['user_id_session']."-".$uplfile['name']; // i added this line
    if (!@move_uploaded_file($uplfile['tmp_name'], $this->getCurrentFsDir().$uplfile_name)) {

where $_SESSION['user_id_session'] is the unique ID of a "loggedin user" who is uploading the file. so this way I upload images. for example if a user's unique ID is "007" then his uploaded files names will be like >

007-myfirstimage.jpg
    007-mysecondimage.jpg
    007-mysecondimage_1.jpg

and so on.. it works fine till now :) . oh yes, and to make it successful i place session_start(); in the few php files to get value of $_SESSION variables. well this is not my problem.

my problem now is I want to show a user only his own uploaded images in "SPAW file manager 's file list"

I used a dirty trick in line no 276 in spawfm.class.php where I converted from >

foreach ($directories as $key=>$file) {
    $directories[$key] = array(
    'name' => $file,
    'date' => $this->getFileDate($file),
    'size' => $this->getFileSize($file),
    'descr' => $lang->m('file_folder', 'file_details'),
    'icon' => '../plugins/spawfm/img/'.$config->getConfigValueElement('PG_SPAWFM_FILETYPES_ICON_FOLDER', 'icon'),
    'icon_big' => '../plugins/spawfm/img/'.$config->getConfigValueElement('PG_SPAWFM_FILETYPES_ICON_FOLDER', 'icon_big'),
    'thumb' => $this->getFileThumbnail($file),
    'other' => ''
    );
    }

to >

foreach ($directories as $key=>$file) {
    $bravo_target=$_SESSION['user_id_session']."-"; // i added this line
    $bravo_img=substr($file,0,strlen($bravo_target)); // i added this line
    if($bravo_img==$bravo_target){ // i added this line
    $directories[$key] = array(
    'name' => $file,
    'date' => $this->getFileDate($file),
    'size' => $this->getFileSize($file),
    'descr' => $lang->m('file_folder', 'file_details'),
    'icon' => '../plugins/spawfm/img/'.$config->getConfigValueElement('PG_SPAWFM_FILETYPES_ICON_FOLDER', 'icon'),
    'icon_big' => '../plugins/spawfm/img/'.$config->getConfigValueElement('PG_SPAWFM_FILETYPES_ICON_FOLDER', 'icon_big'),
    'thumb' => $this->getFileThumbnail($file),
    'other' => ''
    );

} // i added this line
    }

but strange .. its still showing all images resided in "images" folder :( where as I only want to show list of the files which are only his own uploaded by a user.

dannbkk, Jan 16, 2009 IP