1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Dynamic Content

Discussion in 'Search Engine Optimization' started by stewart, Feb 5, 2005.

Do search engines spider content that is generated out of a data base or from a link. I want to pull content from a travel guide and into my site but I want this content to be viewed by search engines. Is this possible.

stewart, Feb 5, 2005 IP
  2. schlottke

schlottke Peon

Best Answers:
    If the pages are being created and can be read as basic HTML (whether its generated in php, asp, etc) you will be fine. Just make sure the content (page layout, when dealing with duplicate content) is far different from other people using the same information or you will be struck with a filter.

schlottke, Feb 5, 2005 IP
    ResaleBroker likes this.
  3. stewart

stewart Peon

Best Answers:
    I'm being told that the search engines wont spider because it is dynamic content. The content is going to that provided by fodors travel guide (or frommers). From the home page if someone links to a destination, for example Clearwater, FL....the content out of fodors will display on the sub page along with a search tool quires our data base and returns matching results. How does the content get spidered if it's comes out of a data base? Or is there a work around?

stewart, Feb 5, 2005 IP
  4. mushroom

mushroom Peon

Best Answers:
    Dynamic content or static maters little what SE's don't like is cookies or session cookies.

mushroom, Feb 5, 2005 IP