1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Dynamic Calendar Control Showing Meeting Dates

Discussion in 'Programming' started by ambitw, Apr 13, 2015.

Hi,

I wish to show a calendar for this month and next month showing the meeting dates of some clubs.

Here's the algorithm:
    - Get club meeting data from a MySQL database (using php)
    - Parse the club data (using php)
    - Add the data to the calendar. Eg: A club's meeting dates could be on the 1st & 3rd Tuesday of each month.
    - The club would be displayed as "FYTC" under Apr 7. There could be more than one club on each day.
    - Clicking the club's name on the calendar will open a pop-up box with meeting details such as time, location etc.

I'm a competent programmer [php, html, css, javascript] so I could write this from scratch, however, I'd like to save some time if possible. Why reinvent the wheel?

Are there any calendar controls that would simplify my task?

Calendar controls like these [http://www.cssflow.com/snippets/tag/calendar] wouldn't work because there isn't a space for the club names below the dates.

What calendar controls have you used?

This is for the non-profit Toastmasters org, so free [or very cheap tools] would be best.

Thank you,
    Andy

ambitw, Apr 13, 2015 IP