1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

duplicated content is rewarded

Discussion in 'Search Engine Optimization' started by seolab, Aug 10, 2010.

We are a SEO company in Holland, two months ago a hosting colleague asked me if he could use our content of some pages. I told him that it was his own responsibility.
    The website theme of this colleague is Hosting that is 70% of the content of his website. And with his mayor keyword te site is on the first page for hosting.

Now after 2 month the copied pages are all in the top of Google also with the most competitive keyword SEO. And we dropped to position 53. How is this possible???

Does Google caffeine really work?

seolab, Aug 10, 2010 IP
  2. AirForce1

AirForce1 Peon

Best Answers:
    Hi,

In my own experiences, duplicated contents punishment would generally refer to the duplicated contents on the same domain though original contents would be recommended. Also, the higher ranking of your colleague's site might result in other factors like back linking strategies, IMO.

all the best,

AirForce1, Aug 10, 2010 IP
  3. johntli

johntli Peon

Best Answers:
    I think that website might be getting higher visitors per day so he is in top..

johntli, Aug 10, 2010 IP
  4. rainier

rainier Peon

Best Answers:
    Google caffeine really works especially with long tailed keywords. With regards to the rankings of your site, it depends on how you work on link building and traffic generation. But I suggest you must update your site as frequent as possible.

rainier, Aug 10, 2010 IP
  5. bogs

bogs Active Member

Best Answers:
    bogs, Aug 10, 2010 IP
  6. Micheal Smith

Micheal Smith Peon

Best Answers:
    Are they going to blame the website owner if the content received was duplicated ?

Micheal Smith, Aug 10, 2010 IP
  7. seolab

seolab Active Member

Best Answers:
    I think it's bad for Google.

We have our own SEO copywriter for the websites that we optimize, is this still needed??
    I always thought that content must be unique
    Maybe we can use Google translate?
    Our position for SEO was 26, two month ago for a longer period.

seolab, Aug 10, 2010 IP
  8. KingNomar

KingNomar Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    this is very interesting, to be honest, i have 1 site that ranks #1 in google.com to with duplicate content, not a competetive keyword though

KingNomar, Aug 17, 2010 IP
  9. webmind

webmind Peon

Best Answers:
    If you're an SEO company, why don't you know the basic concepts of ranking in Google?

First, you believe Google when they tell you that you have to have quality, original content? How can a computer judge quality content? Keyword manipulation is just as useful now as it was 10 years ago, and there are thousands of easy to find examples to prove it. And the major news services syndicate duplicate content all the time without penalty. The bigger your site, the less likely it is to be penalized in any way.

The reality is that Google doesn't reward the best quality sites, people do by visiting them. Google's famous "algorithms" tend to reward the crappiest sites that have been manipulated for search. These could be 100% automated content scraper sites that spin content into junk. Google is a business. They are only interested in making money like every other business. If a crappy scraper site is making sales, Google is usually content.

Of course, once every couple of years, Google will go out and ban a few thousand bogus sites to show they mean what they say. Whatever.

That's the "bottom line." Look at what Google does, not what it says, and you'll begin to have more success.

webmind, Aug 18, 2010 IP
  10. jacuzzi

jacuzzi Guest

Best Answers:
    Yes i would too go with the same!!

jacuzzi, Aug 18, 2010 IP
  11. webmind

webmind Peon

Best Answers:
    Most likely, the content stealer is on top because he is an expert at keyword manipulation and perhaps backlinks - that's called SEO - or he is getting more traffic, or both. Google will often reward content on a keyword manipulated page if done well over a higher ranking PR site with more traffic.

Get both traffic and manipulate your keywords correctly and you will be on top.

webmind, Aug 18, 2010 IP
  12. kuldep

kuldep Peon

Best Answers:
    That's quite a strange problem i have came across!!
    so i cannot be so sure about it but can predict that the competitor is god at n pages,so now you too need to modify some of your pages.
    SEcondly he might be having good traffic.

kuldep, Aug 18, 2010 IP
  13. andrewbernes

andrewbernes Peon

Best Answers:
    search engine not like duplicate content so always update content frequently basis and don't duplicate it.

andrewbernes, Aug 18, 2010 IP
  14. webmind

webmind Peon

Best Answers:
    "Search engines do not like duplicate content." Rather than continue to repeat this myth, why not focus on the topic of this thread and actually learn something about how google works?

The man said that a website duplicating his content is far outranking him in google. If it is as simple as "google doesn't like duplicate content" as you say, why are these duplicate content sites outranking him?

One, because "70%" of the duplicate content site is about hosting, and the article content is about hosting. That gives him a huge advantage right there. Google sees the duplicate content site as more relevant to the topic. Second, the duplicate content site may be better at SEO, optimizing its on-site keywords better, and generating more backlinks. And third, although no less important and not unconnected, it may have more traffic.

Any one of these things can cause google to rank one article above another. A combination of all is even more powerful.

webmind, Aug 18, 2010 IP
  15. Protech

Protech Peon

Best Answers:
    Ya...that's true...Google highly prioritize the relevancy of the content on the site and less on the duplicate content, if the keywords in the content are highly optimized and that particular site have some good backlinks.

Protech, Aug 18, 2010 IP
  16. diosagain

diosagain Peon

Best Answers:
    diosagain, Aug 18, 2010 IP
  17. meditation

meditation Peon

Best Answers:
    i think google diffinately punished who have duplicated content in their website..

meditation, Aug 18, 2010 IP
  18. nduen18

nduen18 Peon

Best Answers:
    I have seen it where I write an article and post the article on my website and then see it appear as duplicated content on another site. I have also noticed that some of this content ends up ranking higher than my original article.

nduen18, Mar 26, 2011 IP