1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Duplicated content and digital products

Discussion in 'Search Engine Optimization' started by emyabdel, Sep 27, 2019.

Hi, I have a store where I sell digital products and I have the same instructions that I should put on the description of all my products. I change just 2 or 3 lines for every product and the rest is the same. I know that Duplicated content is bad for SEO and google. What I do is it duplicate content? and if yes could you tell me a solution because it's a must to give those instructions. Thanks

emyabdel, Sep 27, 2019 IP
  2. Oso Optimized

Oso Optimized Active Member

Best Answers:
    Well this is just my personal opinion on this...

But a certain amount of that is to be expected on product descriptions. At the same time, if you have three sentences of fresh content, and 20 sentences duplicated, the page will seem redundant to Google. As a result, they are not going to index every page.

If you can add additional fresh content to each page, this will help. You don't have to eliminate what is duplicated.

If you want a page to be indexed, and want it to rank as well, the majority of the content must be fresh. There are always exceptions to this, but if you want the odds in your favor, make the content as unique as possible. I might also reduce the size of the font on the duplicated portions, to show that is not the primary page focus.

Oso Optimized, Sep 30, 2019 IP
  3. GlowHost-Sales

GlowHost-Sales Member

Best Answers:
    Perhaps that worth to hire freelancer for this kind of Job and get every description edited a bit, so it will have the same meaning but different wording and in this case you will forget about duplicate content. If SE consider that as duplicated content in terms of SEO that will mean that you have 1 site only and 2 mirrors

GlowHost-Sales, Oct 1, 2019 IP
  4. seocorporation

seocorporation Active Member

Best Answers:
    One common mistake which is made a lot of eCommerce website owners that they use the product description provided by manufacturers which is used by other sellers as well. Since the content is duplicate, website does not perform well. Since you are altering 2 or 3 lines out of 20 lines ( It's a guess), your 90% is duplicate which will not make any difference. Mostly technical descriptions are duplicate but you can write unique and informative description for users as well search engine. It can help you in conversion as well.

If you have lots of products then It might be daunting to write description for each product but please re-write and try to map out right keywords before writing so that you can use the keywords in description as well as title. It will help you a lot.
    Try to make the title like Amazon product page: Product name, brand name, color, any other specification.

Make sure don't target same keywords on multiple page otherwise pages will cannibalize each other and confuse search engine.
    You said you are making 20-30 links. I guess you are making links from free website. Don't do it. Instead focus on high quality link building. Contact bloggers in your niche and try to get featured.

You can also try to get user generated content on review pages. They help too :)

Hope this helps :)

seocorporation, Oct 1, 2019 IP
  5. emyabdel

emyabdel Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Thank you guys, I will try to do what you told me. Thank you

emyabdel, Oct 4, 2019 IP
  6. KylieSweet

KylieSweet Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    You must include canonical tags on your preferred pages to rank and index then Google will consider your request.

KylieSweet, Oct 7, 2019 IP