1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Duplicate Content

Discussion in 'Google' started by lincolnpark, Aug 27, 2008.

1. sunil_gupta20801

sunil_gupta20801 Active Member

Best Answers:
    I did, not just once, Twice and it is there :p You are right upto some extent, They do a Google for any random line of your article before publishing it. But if they don't find it in a first few results( say 1-3 pages ) they just accept it.

sunil_gupta20801, Aug 28, 2008 IP
  2. player82

player82 Active Member

Best Answers:
    I should change the original document, but how much percentage at least?

player82, Aug 28, 2008 IP
  3. Azher Memon

Azher Memon Peon

Best Answers:
    Wrong wrong google need right thing on right place...yeh they are concern about duplicate content but they have some open window to use it but they are not disclosing.

look at my case i have two blog in one i am using ezine article with following all the T&C of ezine article and now it is indexed by Google and consider me as fast update blog and indexing my post within 5 to 10 minute.

Look at another side i have anothr blog and it is totally unique content written by my self only. I am updating it 2 or 3 time in week with new fresh thing but it was last indexd at 8 aug thats is

and yes first one new and i got 0 pr last updation while the unique one does not have any PR still

now what you people say ????

Right thing on right place is right or wrong ???

Azher Memon, Aug 28, 2008 IP
  4. Azher Memon

Azher Memon Peon

Best Answers:
    you do not need to change it you just put original source link at the end of each article...

Azher Memon, Aug 28, 2008 IP
  5. StrongMinder

StrongMinder Banned

Best Answers:
    Surely you will get penalized if are using duplicate content

StrongMinder, Aug 28, 2008 IP
  6. sunil_gupta20801

Best Answers:
    You will sure be penalized. Source is useful when you provide snippet of an article and then refer it. When you are copying complete post. Does it make sense to have source link?

Change article atleast a bit, if you want to avoid Google penalization. Copying complete post anywhere else will sure be dropped either your original post or that republished post sooner or later by Google.

7. sunil_gupta20801

Best Answers:
    If you too lazy then atleast change 10% :D Change title, move words here and there. Few lines up and down. something like that..

8. seo_kate

seo_kate Peon

Best Answers:
    yes i have seen ezine don't approve the articles which are already there on your website.

seo_kate, Aug 28, 2008 IP
  9. imi_99

imi_99 Peon

Best Answers:
    yep should not create duplicate site or article. it can ban ur site appearing from google.

imi_99, Aug 28, 2008 IP
  10. vjlenin

vjlenin Active Member

Best Answers:
    duplicate content penalization means, you publish conetnt on your own site several times. Understood? It does not mean you copy content from other sites and post on your site once. That is called plagiarism and there is other treatment for that.

With that said, if you continue to publish too much content copied from other sites, somebody will report you and google will penalize you. Otherwise, google will themselves find out and penalize you. it's a separate thing.

When you publish your own content on different pages on your own site, you are trying to manipulate search traffic for the same content toward your site several times. google doesn't tolerate this and will soon penalize you.

vjlenin, Aug 28, 2008 IP
  11. angilina

angilina Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Duplicate content can cause lots of problems. And I think the reason you now get less traffic is because of the duplicate content.

angilina, Aug 28, 2008 IP
  12. AngelaE8654

AngelaE8654 Active Member

Best Answers:
    Yeah, this is the definition I've heard of as "duplicate content". It doesn't mean that anything that's ever been "out there" on the web somewhere can't be published on your own site. Like I said, if this were the case, Ezinearticles would have been de-indexed years ago.

Sure, they're big now...but they were small potatoes when they started out. Yet, they started out as an Article Directory; the whole point of an Article Directory is to give webmasters content for their websites. That means, people have been publishing articles from there since the very beginning. Yet, Ezinearticles has grown in Page Rank and in the SERPS just fine.

Ezinearticles won't let you use articles that were previously published on the web because of the plagiarism/lawsuit problem it could cause, NOT because of "duplicate content". Their 'content' has been 'duplicated' all over the internet. So has GoArticles and Buzzle and many of the other Article Directories available.

AngelaE8654, Aug 28, 2008 IP
  13. Lisha Christy

Lisha Christy Banned

Best Answers:
    Yes, Duplicate content may decrease the traffic from the Google.

Lisha Christy, Aug 28, 2008 IP
  14. lightlysalted

lightlysalted Active Member

Best Answers:
    it could be. Perhaps users feel that you content is just scarpped from other sites and there is nothing new offered.

lightlysalted, Aug 28, 2008 IP
  15. rdv817

rdv817 Peon

Best Answers:
    This topic has been debated into the ground over the past few years. I for one am in agreement with the points that AngelaE8654 has made. I use free reprint articles on my sites, I include the links in the author box, and for quite a few of these articles I rank in the top 5 in google, and yes they are competitive keyword phrases. I have one reprint page on my site that does amazingly well and it is an article that I got from ezine articles...reprinted word for word as it appeared on ezine articles.

Additionally, I submit articles to ezine articles and many many other article directories. I publish these articles that I submit on my own website as well, and YES I rank in google for those terms also. I think it is far more important to make sure you use H tags, point a few links at the page etc, not so much that it is original content.

In my opinion, duplicate content is scraping an entire site and putting it up as your own. Also, if you read or watch videos that Vanessa Fox has done, where she talks DIRECTLY about duplicate content you will learn some things straight from a former google employees mouth. So yeah, you could research what she says about it or come to digital point and have the same discussion that is had on here once a week or more.

Also think about this, AP news stories are posted over and over again by dozens of websites and blogs, where are their duplicate penalties? How can newspaper sites, t.v station websites, yahoo, msn, and everyone's news related blogs post the exact same AP wire stories? If the duplicate content theory held true all of these sites would be banished from the internet.

rdv817, Aug 28, 2008 IP
  16. szsoomro

szsoomro Peon

Best Answers:
    I know it probably sounds like a dumb question but have you checked your rankings lately? Did you compare your rankings before and after you posted those articles?

If you do that, you'll find out if its coz of the duplicate content that your traffic has gone down.

szsoomro, Aug 28, 2008 IP
  17. juliensimon

juliensimon Peon

Best Answers:
    juliensimon, Aug 28, 2008 IP
  18. sunil_gupta20801

Best Answers:
    Provide correct link and there is penalty for duplicate content.

Read this from Google-

However, in some cases, content is deliberately duplicated across domains in an attempt to manipulate search engine rankings or win more traffic. Deceptive practices like this can result in a poor user experience, when a visitor sees substantially the same content repeated within a set of search results.

Google tries hard to index and show pages with distinct information. This filtering means, for instance, that if your site has a "regular" and "printer" version of each article, and neither of these is blocked in robots.txt or with a noindex meta tag, we'll choose one of them to list. In the rare cases in which Google perceives that duplicate content may be shown with intent to manipulate our rankings and deceive our users, we'll also make appropriate adjustments in the indexing and ranking of the sites involved. As a result, the ranking of the site may suffer, or the site might be removed entirely from the Google index, in which case it will no longer appear in search results.

Duplicate content on a site is not grounds for action on that site unless it appears that the intent of the duplicate content is to be deceptive and manipulate search engine results. If your site suffers from duplicate content issues, and you don't follow the advice listed above, we do a good job of choosing a version of the content to show in our search results.

More here-

http://www.google.com/support/webmasters/bin/answer.py?answer=66359&query=duplicate&topic=&type=

19. kingcobrapoker

kingcobrapoker Peon

Best Answers:
    There you go. There is duplicate content and then there's duplicate content :D It's all about the type and extent of this. The other thing is that there are ways to manipulate the content so it's not duplicate and just reposting stuff probably isn't a good idea. You also want to mix this in with exclusive content as well. I've never gone that route myself and have always gone with exclusive content but ultimate guitar has me re-thinking this actually. That's amazing dude :cool:

Ken

kingcobrapoker, Aug 28, 2008 IP
  20. alokverma

alokverma Peon

Best Answers:
    It's good that you're making efforts on you site but rather posting duplicate content try to make some original articles because this would really cost you in future days when google starts crawling your site on regular basis. Keep patience man and don't be fake..

alokverma, Aug 28, 2008 IP