1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Duplicate Content Solution

Discussion in 'Search Engine Optimization' started by eDailylife, May 2, 2013.

1. eDailylife

eDailylife Member

Best Answers:
    Do you mean you have duplicate content on your site- Yes. I have republished few useful articles. So how to avoid search engine penalty.

eDailylife, May 9, 2013 IP
  2. Vinay Mishra

Vinay Mishra Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    You can check easily your content:- plagiarisma.net

Vinay Mishra, May 9, 2013 IP
  3. affilorama

affilorama Active Member

Best Answers:
    Take the duplicate articles down. If you own these articles, the you need to re-write these articles if you want to use them on your site. If they are originally published on another site then you can quote blocks of text from the article but you need to link to your source.

Hope that helps. Have a good day!

affilorama, May 10, 2013 IP
  4. contech

contech Member

Best Answers:

That's exactly it why you're penalized by google. You "republished few useful articles" instead of just curating the articles and linking your readers to the useful articles you want them to read. make sense?
    You can either take down the articles, or you can EDIT the articles and just curate them properly. Here's guide on how to do it. http://curationsoft.com/curationsoft-demo/

The official site of my favorite software which really gives me the benefit of content curation. Watch the second video how he curate other blogs useful articles and make his own article OUT OF IT.

As I've said you can either take down the articles or just EDIT IT, why?
    Because google itself releases a feature in Google Webmaster Tool, called "Submit a URL to Index" I think its on year 2011, which google confirms and says "Will usually crawl or RE-crawl the URL within a day"..

You choose. :) Goodluck with your site and hope you'll be penalize never again.

contech, May 10, 2013 IP
  5. Roger Pelt

Roger Pelt Active Member

Best Answers:

It is depending on many factors. Like your domain age, domain authority, percentage of duplicate content.

Domain Age & Authority: If your domain is new and you are practicing these activities then it would be dangerous for your new website but if you’re having old domain than there is less chances to get penalize. Your old domain should have good authority and as a result it may perform well in-spite of having small percentage of duplicate content. But you should be ready to face some problem if you keep posting duplicate content.

% of duplicate content: One more thing you should take care about is; percentage of content you just coping and pasting on your article. Look, it doesn’t matter for search engine (especially for Google) that you providing source link to original post; “COPY IS COPY”. Google crawler visits your website and will catch your content as HTML and if it won’t find canonical URL in your article for original poster than your future would be dark. You may rank higher on search engine for short terms but day-by-day your site authority would be decrease.

Roger Pelt, May 10, 2013 IP
  6. contech

contech Member

Best Answers:
    When it comes to curation, you can add videos, images curated from various resources. If you are making an article, then put videos in the article and along with ALL bits of various blogs and add my OWN commentary in making an article does that mean COPY IS A COPY for you?

I can really see your point man, but you're just talking about copying from 1 source, copying a bit from 1 source. It doesnt work that way. I really have to disagree of what you're trying to prove mainly because I already see lots of blogs old or new dominated their niche just by curating articles and adding some curated videos some self commentaries not to mention I've seen results with my blog curating contents. But just to clarify not all articles will be curated articles. LOL Of course you'll want to provide your own useful articles too.

The most important part is as long as you're providing your readers the information they want, may it be curated or own original content then for sure google will love you.

contech, May 10, 2013 IP
  7. Roger Pelt

Roger Pelt Active Member

Best Answers:
    Look everyone has their own opinions. I explained this as per my experience and knowledge and you as your own.

My main vision is to provide unique and quality content to my readers, of-course we can refer few images/videos there but as I said before % of content is more important. According to me small portion of curated content might be okay, but mainly I would like to serve my own quality content.

Roger Pelt, May 13, 2013 IP
  8. contech

contech Member

Best Answers:
    We have different visions as blog owners as long your successful on what you're doing then good for you. :)

contech, May 13, 2013 IP
  9. My Property Stores

My Property Stores Active Member

Best Answers:
    You can take the help of Google webmaster tool to analyse the website errors or any duplicate content inn it. You can try, not to insert any duplicate articles or pages in your website. You can also remove the unwanted contents and links by using Google disavow tool.

My Property Stores, May 13, 2013 IP
  10. Qualdorei

Qualdorei Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    use synonyms and synonymizing software to get your text unique. this wirk even for copy paste texts

Qualdorei, May 13, 2013 IP
  11. Roger Pelt

Roger Pelt Active Member

Best Answers:
    Thank you. :)
    Its a rubbish idea to use synonyms for copied content.

Roger Pelt, May 13, 2013 IP