1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Duplicate Content by Country Based Redirects ?

Discussion in 'SEO' started by ysribharath, Oct 8, 2015.

Hi ..

I have a site by name xyz.com and as per my requirement i think to redirect my visits based on country

for ex usa people will see usa.xyz.com and uk people will see uk.xyz.com

And rest of others will see the same xyz.com

The content on all sub domains is the very same only with difference currency prices and some images

Will i be penalized by google for having duplicating content ? what i should do to avoid it ? and coming to canonical urls ..i believe i will loose subdomain seo score

Whats the best way to execute this thing

I am looking what exactly godaddy does ..

For india it shows https://in.godaddy.com

and for

netherlands it shows https://fi.godaddy.com/

ysribharath, Oct 8, 2015 IP
  2. PoPSiCLe

PoPSiCLe Illustrious Member

Best Answers:
    Are you gonna differentiate between countries with the same languages? If so, just make one post / page, and just reload the currencies and/or images based on what the subdomain is. If different countries, Google doesn't penalize you for having the same content written in different languages.

PoPSiCLe, Oct 9, 2015 IP
  3. ysribharath

ysribharath Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    thank you , yes i will be using same language ..but i dint get u

lets says i have index.html page on xyz.com with content saying buy a mobile for 100 dollars
    and other index.html on uk.xyz.com and with same content saying buy a mobile for 65 pounds

will this be fine ? google doesnt hurt my site ? pls help

ysribharath, Oct 13, 2015 IP
  4. PoPSiCLe

PoPSiCLe Illustrious Member

Best Answers:
    My point was more that you can fetch the same file (not an .html-file, though, but some server-side language, like .php) regardless of which subdomain you're using, and just switch what needs to be switched based on the subdomain. Ie, in the index.php file, you'd have some code that pulls the correct information (currency type, and amount) from a database, based on which subdomain the user is currently on.

PoPSiCLe, Oct 13, 2015 IP