1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Drupal Vs Wordpress-Which one do you like more?

Discussion in 'Drupal' started by Davey Crocket, Aug 20, 2005.

1. Coolof

Coolof Peon

Best Answers:
    WP is easy to start, for Blog best choice,
    but if wonna do smth more serious, more professional - DRUPAL this is the choice:cool:

Coolof, Jan 13, 2010 IP
  2. no_idea

no_idea Peon

Best Answers:
    Wordpress, because it is actually usuble by most people and does what it set out to do very well.

Drupal on the other hand is a nightmare for most people to use and understand, and is more of a tool for Drupal "developers" (oxymoron) to build sites. It also has the perfomrance of a chocolate teapot for any site where it can't make extensive use of caching, which makes its claims of being great for community sites absurd.

no_idea, Jan 16, 2010 IP
  3. Coolof

Coolof Peon

Best Answers:
    Dude if smth is used by majority, is doen't mean that it is right choise for all. And if for u Drupal was nightmare and u have "performance of a chocolate teapot" that doen't mean everybody has same exp. May be u R specialDDD
    if done right and WP and Drupal can show nice results.

Coolof, Jan 16, 2010 IP
  4. no_idea

no_idea Peon

Best Answers:

Firstly is has nothing to do with majority, what a bizzare assumption.

Secondly performance, it isn't a subjective guess on Drupals performance, it is fact. Drupal performs fine if it can use lots of caching, however if you try running a busy forum, a remotely busy Digg like site etc then you have a lot of updates and caching becomes less useful, with limited caching Drupal uses many times the memory (all those modules & conflated system just eat up the memory) and is many times slower than sites written with a PHP, Ruby or Python framework or for that matter a forum using vBulletin.

As for the usuability of Drupal, I don't base it merely on my experience, that would be pretty dumb, especially given I'm a developer (I've even used Drupal on occasions). But of course why take my word for it when Dries (the founder of Drupal) already knows it is a pain in the arse to use:

no_idea, Jan 17, 2010 IP
  5. Coolof

Coolof Peon

Best Answers:
    I can't disagree, with you Drupal have it's drawbacks ass every CMS has. The only thing i wonna say Drupal is much more a CMS framework than a CMS, it is VERY flexible, and you can do a lot with it. But one is right - you don't need BAZUKA do shoot a fly))) if you doing SIMPLE stuff there are CMS which will doit with much less pain in the (I) :DDD.

Coolof, Jan 17, 2010 IP
  6. duckz

duckz Active Member

Best Answers:
    If you like to code then by all means grab drupal , in the other hand if you want your site up quickly and don't bother about code grab wordpress by all means.

I am a fan of drupal but sometimes if I just want to create a blog, drupal is simply overkill (too much hour needed to set it right) then I just silently go with the easy wordpress.

duckz, Jan 18, 2010 IP
  7. mdraja123

mdraja123 Peon

Best Answers:
    Now i am doing SEO for my drupal site.. drupal is SEO friendly so drupal is a best.............

mdraja123, Apr 21, 2010 IP
  8. TomDeLonge

TomDeLonge Peon

Best Answers:
    Why people alway compare Drupal to Blog or Forum script. It is a CMS as CMS should be - fast to start but really customizable to make it into anything you want.

TomDeLonge, Apr 21, 2010 IP
  9. jaikanth12

jaikanth12 Guest

Best Answers:
    i like both of them both of them are good content management systems . But we use drupal for developing the site .some occasions word press.

jaikanth12, May 20, 2010 IP
  10. duckz

duckz Active Member

Best Answers:
    Couldn't agree more, actually drupal is more like collection of tools for developer to build a website rather than a prebuild CMS system.

If you define start by installing just the drupal core, then yes it will take you 2 hours maximum to have it installed and configured, but if you need more features, like river of news, private messaging, complex contact form, user image gallery, user profile, etc properly configured, themed and installed then it needs lots of developing hour to do so.

duckz, May 27, 2010 IP
  11. cyberq

cyberq Peon

Best Answers:
    If you need blog site for 20 minutes, choose wp. I like wp for blogging, but for smth more I prefer drupal.

cyberq, May 27, 2010 IP
  12. mynah

mynah Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    i like my wp, but drupal is nice for larger sites (not simply blogs).

mynah, Jun 1, 2010 IP
  13. aeroz1

aeroz1 Active Member

Best Answers:
    Hi there. What about squarespace instead of wordpress? Are you familiar with it? Pros and cons?

Thanks!

aeroz1, Jun 5, 2010 IP
  14. Javed iqbal

Javed iqbal Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Wordpress is better for blog sites and drupal is very rich cms for all types of sites

Javed iqbal, Jun 8, 2010 IP
  15. xtek

xtek Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Hmm, I think I might give Drupal a shot. Almost done coding my new template in CSS I think I might give it a try over wordpress.

DP inspired me again :)

xtek, Jun 11, 2010 IP
  16. sijumpk

sijumpk Peon

Best Answers:
    I used to use both for a long time. I like both but the difference is if wordpress is like a calculator then drupal is like a computer. Wordpress is best for creating blog related sites, but by using drupal we can make blogs and a variety of other category of sites.

sijumpk, Jun 12, 2010 IP
  17. ahmadshobirin

ahmadshobirin Peon

Best Answers:
    i feel wordpress is easier than drupal

ahmadshobirin, Jun 17, 2010 IP
  18. mahesh2011

mahesh2011 Peon

Best Answers:
    this is very tuff to answer because both of the technologies are equal and provides a client with good and better requirements ...there is no question of difference comes here..

mahesh2011, Jun 18, 2010 IP
  19. ahmadshobirin

ahmadshobirin Peon

Best Answers:
    I don't know about drupal, There is Someone Who is willing to teach me about drupal :)

Last edited: Jun 18, 2010
    ahmadshobirin, Jun 18, 2010 IP
  20. ksrpraneeth

ksrpraneeth Active Member

Best Answers:
    wordpress will be like blog interfase u cant make a prof website with it, through drupal we can make blog like interface ,forums interface and u can get a good quality website

ksrpraneeth, Jun 22, 2010 IP