1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Drupal vs. Mambo

Discussion in 'Drupal' started by Ian, Jul 15, 2005.

1. aboyd

aboyd Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    http://www.outshine.com/phpbbblog/

Since it's my own mod, I've heavily modded my mod for use on various sites. :) In some cases, it doesn't look very bloggy at all.

-Tony

aboyd, Oct 19, 2005 IP
  2. *Michael*

*Michael* Banned

Best Answers:
    I've used MAMBO a lot and I really liked it.

But I could never get javascript to work within MAMBO content so this is a downside to it.

Besides I think it's a very easy CMS to learn.

*Michael*, Oct 20, 2005 IP
  3. freshprince

freshprince Peon

Best Answers:
    I have used both and i like Mombo / Joomla best..
    I have it integrated with my VBulletin 3.5 forum to share the same database.
    http://www.secfanatics.com/index/

freshprince, Oct 21, 2005 IP
  4. bluemamba

bluemamba Peon

Best Answers:
    Mambo for now, next Joomla then Drupal!

Abilnet has written an excellent review on this topic at this address: http://xaneon.com/content-management-systems/drupal-vs-mambo.html

It’s a perfect easy to understand explication on Drupal vs Mambo.
    I’m using Mambo for now but I’m keeping an eye on Drupal. Mambo was recommended by a friend of mine as a perfect & fast out of the box CMS website and so it is!
    Still, there are some things about Mambo I really hate. The departure of all the Mambo development members after the big money fuzz… the new “Real Open Source” Joomla project. This is the wind of change and the real question is in which side we’ll stand.
    I like Mambo, is “wife friendly”, even my girlfriend runs a nice website on Mambo. The only problem with Mambo is the mess in the code area. Maybe the future versions will be “cleaned” a little bit, if not, I’ll go Joomla.
    Joomla will not be for long a “copy” of Mambo, the development team is making critical changes in the future release. So, I hope “the new and improved Mambo” will be Joomla!
    But for sure, in the far away future I’ll be Drupal! Give it a little time; at the end of 2006 all this aspects will be cleared up for me. (I hope so).

bluemamba, Jul 22, 2006 IP
  5. dennisb

dennisb Member

Best Answers:
    I totally agree with this post :)

Back in the old days I started with Mambo/Joomla and ended up using Drupal and Wordpress and you described very well why.

[edit] Sorry for the bumb didnt meant to do that didnt noticed the date :(

dennisb, Aug 19, 2010 IP
  6. DCrux334

DCrux334 Guest

Best Answers:
    Well Drupal is okay But I've always been a big fan of mambo. I can easily slip the code into my websites theme, and I think the administration architecture is perfect for my needs. Also, they've got a huge and active fan/support community.

DCrux334, Aug 21, 2010 IP
  7. whiteeaglet

whiteeaglet Peon

Best Answers:
    if u are good at programming, prefer Drupal. otherwise, Mambo or Joomla.

whiteeaglet, Aug 27, 2010 IP
  8. ecmcircle

ecmcircle Peon

Best Answers:
    Hi, 
    we can get many features in both joomla and drupal. For an example Drupal is much more flexible when it comes to the development and setting up the theme and layout of the website. Joomla! is known to be surrounded by the paradigms set by itself, and offers less scope to be flexible.
    So Both having different kind of features which depends on processing..

thanks

Drupal Web Development | Drupal Web Developer | Drupal Website Development | Drupal Website Developer

ecmcircle, Feb 7, 2011 IP