1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Drupal or Wordpress

Discussion in 'HTML & Website Design' started by sp2h, Feb 6, 2010.

Give Us Your Suggestion guys, Let us know which one is the best Drupal or Wordpress?

sp2h, Feb 6, 2010 IP
  2. krsix

krsix Peon

Best Answers:
    If you're experience in codering, druapl.

krsix, Feb 6, 2010 IP
  3. shallowink

shallowink Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Two different things really. drupal or joomla would be a better comparsion, if you need less than those two, use wordpress.

shallowink, Feb 6, 2010 IP
  4. momi

momi Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    If you want a lot of control, advanced features and you have a lot of time, then I recommend Drupal.

Drupal is best for large community oriented websites with custom workflows, advanced features, lot of sections etc and if you want the site structure in the way you imagine! Drupal is a lot more powerful than wordpress. You cannot compare Wordpress with Drupal.

Wordpress is good for simple blog-type sites only!

momi, Feb 6, 2010 IP
  5. momi

momi Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Oh SORRY! This reply has been made in error! Mods please delete it!

momi, Feb 6, 2010 IP
  6. ChPeter

ChPeter Peon

Best Answers:
    i think wordpress is better. especially for blogs. i think it`s simplier.

ChPeter, Feb 8, 2010 IP
  7. OnlyNiceLinks

OnlyNiceLinks Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Depends on what you want to do. Like shallowink said, it's really two different things. Wordpress can be used as a content management system with a little work, but most people use it for blogging.

Were you looking for a CMS or Blog? If looking for CMS then you have Drupal or Joomla (I've only tried Joomla). If you want a blog, go with Wordpress.

I have done basic setups of both Joomla and Wordpress. Both are very easy to use (I'm not a coder). I just like Wordpress because of all the various plugins. I can usually find a plugin that does almost exactly what I want.

OnlyNiceLinks, Feb 8, 2010 IP
  8. mamedesign

mamedesign Peon

Best Answers:
    wordpress is simple than drupal.

mamedesign, Feb 8, 2010 IP
  9. Jalpari

Jalpari Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Drupal VS Wordpress

Wordpress is just for blogging.... or is it?

Wordpress is an nice method to use when making a website too lets you rapidly get your thoughts out on the web, but additonally it is often expended as a blog, it can be configured to head in multiple a greater amount of interesting ways as well. One a small amount of patron of mine just recently needed a website who might improve the ability of him and his constituents to hold an internal website for sharing notes, documenting tasks and creating virtually how was probable on. Since Wordpress is easy to use and select of them got currently familiar surrounded by it, it was an distinguishable solution. Install Wordpress on a server too properties were able to entrance eventually and only of anywhere amidst an interweb connection, and let them get to market fairly as opposed to suffer to figure out in regards to a massive strange system.

It is key to knew who Wordpress is woefully easy to use and setup. I hold exhausted it multiple times amongst patrons the current are type new to the web and in posession of a website, yet properties can choose the process up and use it more rapidly as opposed to the a larger amount of two. Since WP is presently grown to job as a blog, though, it can be setup to do so without any hesitation. Comments are right now erected to the system, as favorably as pinging services, a good amount of blogger profiles, trackbacks and more. Most of the age not anything needs to be completed to persons institutions either, while properties at this moment job the way too the user could would like them to.

Wordpress, however, is not to be depleted for everything. I own had small amount accomplishment (its there, easily not much) utilizing Wordpress as a shopping cart for guaranteed clients. The especially grounds this Wordpress was produced was to carry on homeowners based on data from wanting to customize it to do details too are even supplementary advanced. It is forecasted to be expended a some way without alteration - when any alteration the present you find to it may really positively require it to break. You can supply multi users of WP complaining such a it is not developer friendly - and rightfully so, as there are able to be countless times in your journey to the present desired website overly an upgrade released by the WP developers instigates your whole site to coup disappear, or for people modifications who you drew up in the past to no longer still exist.

Wordpress features

Simple to use - No ask for for modifications
    Excellent for blogging or sharing thoughts in a sequential manner
    Even the a multitude of elderly of users can get the hang of it quickly

Wordpress Cons

Not developer friendly
    The district looks to similar to to complain
    Upgrades shoot a good deal more bugs as opposed to fixes sometimes

Drupal is to developers as candy is to children
    If you are the sort of occupant who can relatively hand-code the content of your web sites as opposed to use a WYSIWYG Editor, or if you enjoy tweaking the code the current instigates up the framework of a website, when that happens Drupal is likely for you. This advanced content management process a large amount of thoroughly resembles a developer platform as opposed to a traditional CMS. Its not to say too alone developers can use the approach though, but to say such a properties plans to feel a large amount of at piece of real estate right here as opposed to in the more and more two. Interestingly, making a good amount developer friendly performs not merely offer it supplementary user friendly - in truth the developer has to make every effort hard to fashion it overly way if properties difficulty the end-product to do so.

There are dozens of larger number of tags and operates the present can be exhausted to boost in Drupal as opposed to in Wordpress or significantly Joomla. Every single node has its own set of commands and tags the current can be placed elsewhere to manipulate the function of the site, and currently leads for a outstandingly intense encounters (whether or not you can make out how you are doing). For individuals such a are not so developer-minded, the can be the trial of such a lives, but for those of us who make a home in code - well, properties can literally get lost developing certain acutely cool websites.

Now, these types of websites can act and function in chosen quite neat ways, but Drupal additionally has the issue overly it simply does not regularly check who great. I undergo witnessed basically few websites made in Drupal this give the impression and feel as nice as properties function. You can exceptionally see right now in the theme catalog on the Drupal.org website, at which there are dozens of these kinds of themes erected to establish the precise height I just recently made. It's a shame really, due to the fact that amid all of the development advancements the tool has, it will as good as be larger amid a tougher usability and design interface.

Drupal features

Extremely developer friendly. If I loved code additional I should close to constantly decide on right now system.
    Strong sector to benefits decide the dozens (hundreds) of runs and tags available.
    Can be used up to commence a couple of in point of fact awesome websites who can outperform a majority of a good deal more ones out there.

Drupal Cons
    Not essentially designer and user-friendly. It's hard for somebody amid small amount of code knowledge to engender the leaps critical to do the actually cool circumstances which Drupal is turning out celebrated for.

Theming of Drupal has carried on a monumental circumstances of fail (until recently). Probably while it has kept on developers, not designers, too are bringing about the themes.
    Getting a Drupal website published can value you larger amount of time, and so a multitude of money.

Jalpari, Feb 8, 2010 IP
  10. fixedline

fixedline Peon

Best Answers:
    from both have advantages and disadvantages

depending on how you use it on both engines ....

fixedline, Feb 8, 2010 IP
  11. joni79

joni79 Peon

Best Answers:
    I prefer to use wordpress, because it is instant.
    so we we use it, it is suitable for you who are not adept at programming language

joni79, Feb 9, 2010 IP
  12. Clive

Clive Web Developer

Best Answers:
    Less in what sense? WordPress comes with hundreds of plugins to extend its original functionality, just as Joomla or Drupal. Besides, it has a better approach to SEO URL's and Translations than Joomla, for instance. WordPress used to be just a blog but those times are over, it's a full power CMS now.

Clive, Feb 9, 2010 IP
  13. pipes

pipes Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Depends what you want to do with it, if you need more than what a blogging platform can provide then obviously drupal if that is your next choice.

Best for html? Blogging, something else?

pipes, Feb 9, 2010 IP
  14. windy

windy Active Member

Best Answers:
    if for personal blog, wordpress is enough.

windy, Feb 9, 2010 IP
  15. shallowink

Best Answers:
    Wordpress is still a blog at its core. Joomla is a Web Application Framework and Drupal could claim the same. And WP has 1000's of plugins but the problem there is by the time you add 20 plugins to make it a more generic CMS you're getting a lot of code from different sources.

Its not anything against Wordpress, its extremely powerful and I recognize almost anything can be done with it. I just rather use a Hammer to drive nails and a saw to cut wood.

shallowink, Feb 9, 2010 IP
  16. krsix

krsix Peon

Best Answers:
    ^ if anything, Joomla is a CMS and Drupal is a "Web Application Framework" based on the way you do things

krsix, Feb 9, 2010 IP
  17. inspiroHost

inspiroHost Peon

Best Answers:
    If it's just for a blog, I would definitely go with Wordpress.

inspiroHost, Feb 9, 2010 IP
  18. shallowink

Best Answers:
    Joomla has MVC, I don't see how you can say Drupal is more of a Web App Framework. but yeah it does come down to how you do it. Joomla will let you do whatever you want coding wise when building Components.

shallowink, Feb 9, 2010 IP
  19. LeetPCUser

LeetPCUser Peon

Best Answers:
    Personally I would recommend WordPress. The main thing I don't like about Drupal is that the complete themes are stored in the database! I can't believe every single page will have to hit the database a number of times just to extract the template.

LeetPCUser, Feb 9, 2010 IP
  20. Clive

Clive Web Developer

Best Answers:
    I am not too familiar with the Drupal code, however you might be wrong here. The fact that the theme code is stored inside the database isn't necessarily a bad factor when it comes to server load. Check out vBulletin to see that their template codes are fully stored inside the database, too. However, I haven't seen anything faster than vB so far.

Clive, Feb 9, 2010 IP