1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Drupal Modules Question

Discussion in 'Drupal' started by thunderbird, May 26, 2011.

Hi, I'm new to Drupal. Is Drupal 7 ready for prime time, or would it be more wise to stick with 6 for now? Have most themes, modules, etc caught up with newest version? Do Drupal modules that work on Drupal 6 work on Drupal 7? Thanks.

thunderbird, May 26, 2011 IP
  2. dennisb

dennisb Member

Best Answers:
    "Drupal 7 is recommended for most new websites. A large number of modules and themes are already available for it."

Drupal start

To be honest, if you don't even bother to do so little research yourself then Drupal is not something for you.

dennisb, May 26, 2011 IP
  3. cerno

cerno Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    drupal module status is a module by module situation, you need to figure out specifically what modules you will need to provide the functionality you want, then see if the version 7 exists or is stable enough to actually use today, some are not

cerno, May 26, 2011 IP
  4. thunderbird

thunderbird Active Member

Best Answers:
    Of course. Sometimes users find something to generally hold true one way or another. For example, with Joomla!, I've found that presently it is best to stick to 1.5 since there are still lots of incompatibility problems with the latest version. Less so, with Wordpress.

5. thunderbird

Best Answers:
    It is nice to read generalities, but it is better to get a little feedback from people actually doing something.

Asking questions of users is a standard form of research, and has been so from the dawn of humanity. Maybe you're different.

6. dennisb

dennisb Member

Best Answers:
    He meant there are roughly 8000 modules at drupal.org, about 1700 are D7 ready. If these support the functionalities you require we can't say because you did not gave those specifics. You just generally ask does D7 work with live sites and are there enough modules and themes available? That's a very plain and simple question that's why I said with some self-research you would have known. Now you say ask for experience, but experience in what?

I do research with good questions and when I know I got enough background information so I know where I'm talking about. The reason I said Drupal is not something for you is because it has a large and hard learning curve which sounds not something for you.

I noticed this answer is not answered yet. Well I simply can say: no, each version has his own modules.

[edit] Maybe you should have read this thread before you made a new topic with less information.

Last edited: May 27, 2011
    dennisb, May 27, 2011 IP
  7. thunderbird

Best Answers:
    dennisb
    You make a lot of quick assumptions. It is both rude and stupid to do so.

thunderbird, May 27, 2011 IP
  8. dennisb

dennisb Member

Best Answers:
    Very selective quote and after four posts we still not know what you want.

Anyway good luck with Drupal it's a great CMS (some say framework) in my opinion even the best (at this moment).

dennisb, May 27, 2011 IP