1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

drupal for social networking ?

Discussion in 'Drupal' started by kawal24, Jul 7, 2011.

Hi,
    What do you guys think about using drupal for not so complicated social networking website ?

Add your suggestions and also the name of CMS which you think best suites for social networking(not so complicated).
    Thanks

kawal24, Jul 7, 2011 IP
  2. dennisb

dennisb Member

Best Answers:
    dennisb, Jul 7, 2011 IP
  3. kawal24

kawal24 Peon

Best Answers:
    Man that site is so pretty.
    I guess the theme is custom built or is it availalbe at drupal.org ?

kawal24, Jul 7, 2011 IP
  4. dennisb

dennisb Member

Best Answers:
    As the creater stated in the article:
    "As I mentioned, I'm not a designer and the design side of the site was very time consuming for me. Looking back, I would have been better off looking for an interface designer to get me up and running quicker."

So yeah, it's a custom made theme.

If you are really interested in something similar then I would advice you to read the full article carefully it's full with good advices, tips and a lot more...

Also read similar articles in the "Sites made with Drupal" section on Drupal.org. For example, this Symantec website is also pretty impressive:
    Symantec Connect

dennisb, Jul 7, 2011 IP
  5. kiramanic

kiramanic Peon

Best Answers:
    I built Fighting Mongooses on Drupal with a few social networking features, it's not a social networking site primarily but there's no reason Drupal can't be used for one (or mostly anything else, for that matter).

I would advise you to find someone who knows what they're doing, or be willing to spend a lot of time learning and backtracking, whichever is your preference :)

kiramanic, Jul 11, 2011 IP