1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Drupal Cannot be Beaten for Ease of Use

Discussion in 'Drupal' started by redzventures, Dec 27, 2011.

I know many people here will use Drupal and Joomla but I can't understand why someone who is not a developer would use Joomla, it is so hard to understand. I find Drupal intuitive where Joomla is confusing and rigid. Unless I have only used an old version. Drupal blocks and modules make sense where as Joomla's extensions confuse the hell out of me. I can make blocks visible in certain pages by placing exceptions in the appropriate area on the edit page with Drupal.

redzventures, Dec 27, 2011 IP
  2. filegrasper

filegrasper Active Member

Best Answers:
    have you tried wordpress before, it is easier than all.

filegrasper, Dec 27, 2011 IP
  3. redzventures

redzventures Active Member

Best Answers:
    Yes, I use Wordpress a lot, especially for SEO although I find Wordpress less flexible in terms of theming. Drupals regions, panels and blocks offer more customisation. What do you think filegrasper?

redzventures, Dec 27, 2011 IP
  4. filegrasper

filegrasper Active Member

Best Answers:
    Agreed with you , i choose wordpress becoz of its SEO. Drupal easy to customize.

filegrasper, Dec 27, 2011 IP
  5. ALX-VALLEJO

ALX-VALLEJO Peon

Best Answers:
    Drupal for large CMS where taxonomy matters, WordPress for SEO

ALX-VALLEJO, Jan 3, 2012 IP
  6. Worthen

Worthen Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I have a few websites built out using blogger software on my own domain names, that look and function like simple 2 page websites, and they don't resemble blogs. Most of them rank #1 at Google for the keyword i target, so i guess the seo portion works ok. I want to get away from the blogger software because it's perceived by ad partners to be less than professional.

I want to go with Wordpress or Drupal to replace Blogger and i will outsource the initial designs, so learning curve there is not important, but i will manage adding banner codes / possibly adding in text links / etc so i need an easy to learn and use cms, hopefully easy as blogger. The only other concern is i need my pages to load as fast as possible and the sites must be made to accept huge volume.

Wordpress or Drupal?

Worthen, Jan 19, 2012 IP
  7. redzventures

redzventures Active Member

Best Answers:
    Drupal is probably better for volume as it organizes content much more efficiently than Wordpress. If someone else is building and supporting the site then go with Drupal because it is easy to add links and content and user permissions can be controlled much easier too if you ever need to get someone else to upload content for you.

redzventures, Jan 25, 2012 IP
    Worthen likes this.