1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Dropshippers

Discussion in 'General Business' started by clasione, Mar 24, 2005.

1. tempting you

tempting you Peon

Best Answers:

HI THERE MY NAME IS ANGIE DO YOU DROP SHIP INTERNATIONALLY AND COULD I HAVE SOME DETAILS OF YOUR PRODUCTS IF YOU DO, MANY THANKS

tempting you, May 23, 2005 IP
  2. Bazkaz

Bazkaz Peon

Best Answers:
    Hello Angie!

Welcome to the forum! We're glad you're here, but please:

[​IMG]

Bazkaz, May 23, 2005 IP
  3. anton-io!

anton-io! Active Member

Best Answers:
    lol - that's funny! :) :D :)

Anyone know of any Canadian automotive related companies drop shipping, please PM me

thanks greatly!

anton-io!, May 23, 2005 IP
  4. Dreamshop

Dreamshop Peon

Best Answers:

This is what's happening with the gift basket and gourmet industry right now. There are a number of reputable drop shippers, but so many websites are using them that no matter where you turn you see the same products. There are a few companies that offer custom services (they'll create an exclusive design and drop ship it), but the margins are very low. The irony is that you can often see bigger profits from simply running affiliate links.

The other issue at hand is that many gift wholesalers are now starting their own retail websites. I'm not surprised by this at all...business is business.

Dreamshop, May 26, 2005 IP
  5. debunked

debunked Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    I have told a couple of our suppliers / drop shippers that if they try to compete with us on the web we will drop them as a supplier. This works if you sell enough of their stuff.

debunked, May 26, 2005 IP
  6. lorien1973

lorien1973 Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Even if you want to stock your own stuff; you'll find that too many businesses that go to trade shows have a retail site as well; so you would possibly even compete with them as well. Its tough, all the way around. But, no one ever said retail was easy.

lorien1973, May 26, 2005 IP
  7. saueyman

saueyman Guest

Best Answers:
    A very good and reliable dropshipper is onlinedealsusa.com. they do all of the shipping...you just type in the receivers address and they will do the rest. It is very simple. Check it out. This site is especially good if you like to sell on ebay. again, very simple to use.

saueyman, May 31, 2005 IP
  8. Yoho(Ahoy)

Yoho(Ahoy) Peon

Best Answers:
    Anyone heard anything about The Ultimate Dropshipper? I have been hearing some good feedback about them and they seem to provide a great package ( Dropship Supplier list aswell as Free marketing tips)- let me know what you think:
    http://dropship-suppliers.com?aid=919

Cheers,

Yoho :)

Yoho(Ahoy), Jun 1, 2005 IP
    mark1 likes this.
  9. Will.Spencer

Will.Spencer NetBuilder

Best Answers:
    Nice affiliate link there. :cool:

Will.Spencer, Jun 4, 2005 IP
  10. AdamDuritz99

AdamDuritz99 Peon

Best Answers:
    Does anyone know of good medical supply dropshippers?

AdamDuritz99, Jun 4, 2005 IP
  11. Bazkaz

Bazkaz Peon

Best Answers:
    What kind of Medical supplies are you looking for Adam? I may know one.

Bazkaz, Jun 5, 2005 IP
  12. evancesolutions

evancesolutions Guest

Best Answers:
    Im looking for dropshippers in pretty much any catagory. PM me if you know any good ones.

Would be apprecaited.

Regards
    Hal

evancesolutions, Jun 10, 2005 IP
  13. summer

summer Peon

Best Answers:
    Mind is spinning with all the "dropshippers" out there. I'm looking to sell a variety of items, anywhere from electronics and furniture to medical supplies and antiques. Does anyone know a good source for quality products? Something that I don't have to pay alot of money just to sign up and realize that everyone else is selling same??
    Thanx,
    Summer :)

summer, Jun 16, 2005 IP
  14. nevetS

nevetS Evolving Dragon

Best Answers:
    Ingram Micro is the largest wholesaler of computer equipment in the country, so I'd say they are a pretty good bet. They started selling all kinds of random things about two years ago - anything from cotton balls to aspirin. They drop ship for you, but you really do need to spend a lot of time researching their policies on things like returns, etc. Not that they are bad, but they are big and don't always have policies in line with common sense.

Another computer products company would be EnPointe. I worked for them a while back. They source from Ingram for some things, but have a lot of different resources and some of their own warehouses as well. You might have to contact them to find out about drop shipping, etc. but I know they will do it if you can make them some money.

Buy.com drop ships from Ingram, which is not too far from my house, so I always get the cheap shipping and it shows up next day or in two days. Outpost.com uses them too, but not for everything. Buy.com actually sells at a loss sometimes, and does huge volume, so don't expect to be able to undercut their prices. Ingram has moved from commission based sales execs to hourly wage guys, so the quality of help you receive has gone downhill, and there's not too much room for negotiation outside of their cookie cutter volume levels anymore.

nevetS, Jun 16, 2005 IP
  15. cbatten1177

cbatten1177 Peon

Best Answers:
    Hello my name is Chris, I started a small dropship biz on Ebay about a month and a half ago. Due to fake products and other problems I closed up shop till things get back to good. Anyway, I am trying to find a company or someone who will allow me to sell their products online either on Ebay or maybe some other means of selling. I am an energetic person that is wanting to become a self made buinessman, all I need is to find some legit, GOOD people to give me an opportunity. Please feel free to e-mail me @ concretejunle@tampabay.rr.com . ;)

cbatten1177, Jun 30, 2005 IP
  16. kkibak

kkibak Peon

Best Answers:
    My drop shipping sites are over 1.5 years old so they seem to have avoided any duplicate content filters, but I was wondering if any of you have run into problems with this? It seems that if there are a bunch of people pulling the same product information from the same database there could be some dup content issues.

kkibak, Jun 30, 2005 IP
  17. Juls

Juls Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    cbatten1177 i had the same problem with my dropping items on ebay. I did use ingram and they are great but some things you can't qualify for unless you sell a ton of products. For example they cant dropship apple products for you unless you have a license from apple.

good luck finding a good dropper.

I am at the point that if i have to do it I figure I might as well buy the inventory myself versus dealing with the same dropship problems again.

Juls, Jun 30, 2005 IP
  18. nevetS

nevetS Evolving Dragon

Best Answers:
    A lot of vendors have requirements in order to sell. Apple is one, Microsoft is another for certain products. Many PC manufacturers require that you have a certified support tech, etc. Ingram pretty much just follows rules laid out to them by the manufacturers. They offer training to get through most of the support requirements for pretty much everything, but it gets pricey. I've been cert'ed for several because back in the day I got started as a PC Tech (late '80's). If you are even reasonably intelligent the tests are easy. I still keep up my IBM certs because it's just too easy not to and there isn't a cost. It also kind of keeps me up do date with my hardware knowledge which occasionally is lacking because of technology changes.

nevetS, Jun 30, 2005 IP
  19. whitekit

whitekit Peon

Best Answers:
    In my xp its easier and more reliable to buy from a wholesaler. Drop shippers take such a big cut you dont make anything. Also shipping control, or lack of is a problem.

whitekit, Jul 1, 2005 IP
  20. Will.Spencer

Will.Spencer NetBuilder

Best Answers:
    But do you then have to store a bunch of crap in your garage?

And do you have to pay for all of that inventory?

What if you want to sell lots of different products?

Will.Spencer, Jul 1, 2005 IP