1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Dropped in the SERPS - Need some help!

Discussion in 'Search Engine Optimization' started by garyl2k, Jun 19, 2009.

Hello guys,

Title says it all really, I am stumpped to why I have dropped in the SERPS in Google as I have been on first page around 3 to 4 place for many months now for the keyword "Free iPod" but suddenly my site has dropped out of no where!

I wasnt getting tones of traffic to my blog, roughly 70 to 100 a day but its been like that for a year or so and it's kinder been a site that I have no paid much attention too.

It is not idle though, I do post to it and I always update the front page every few weeks or so to make sure Google see's that I do update the site.

The template you see on there at the moment was not there a few minutes ago, to explain this, a week ago I tried a new template, though since yesterday I had 12 visits and today I have only so far had 2 I am heading back to old theme.

I wonder if it was the theme thats caused the problems...

Site in question is in my signature, it's under "Free iPod"

If any one has any ideas on what I can check to see what might be causing the drop that would really be great!

Thanks

Gary

garyl2k, Jun 19, 2009 IP
  2. jakomo

jakomo Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Hello,
    Have your website less of 1 year? If yes, it is very normal for newbi sites, also check out the backlinks to your site, did you see any update ? Are you liking to iligal websites?

My 2 cents
    Jakomo

jakomo, Jun 19, 2009 IP
  3. NeighborNicks

NeighborNicks Peon

Best Answers:
    Ok,

1. When you loaded the new template you could have altered your page title, meta keywords, or something along those lines.

2. If the lease on your domain name is about to expire Google could have possibly noticed it and lowered your site as it may think your site is a spamming, or scamming site.

3. You might of had duplicate content that when Google updated it could have deleted. This is very common for sites to go from first to about 100th because of Google deleting duplicate content.

Thanks,
    Nick

NeighborNicks, Jun 19, 2009 IP
  4. garyl2k

garyl2k Active Member

Best Answers:
    Yeah it's older then a year, actually NBordeau it could be close to expiring, I will check on this.

Could be possible that meta dtata changed but All in one seo plugin should take care of all this.

Will check duplicate content, I have another blog which uses RSS feeds from other sites to feed news for my blog and have never had this issue.

garyl2k, Jun 19, 2009 IP
  5. NeighborNicks

NeighborNicks Peon

Best Answers:
    No problem these are just some basics, just check for changes that might alter the search engines...

NeighborNicks, Jun 19, 2009 IP