1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Drop shipping dilemma.

Discussion in 'eCommerce' started by Lee Duva, Jun 15, 2019.

Good morning everyone, my name is Lee Duva. This is my first time on this site. And this also my first post. I'm in a bit of a dilemma. when it comes to dropping shipping, I'm not exactly new to it. But I don't think not to experience. You see, last year I brought a dropshipping website, called Sextoyman at Flippa. The site was already done. I didn't have to do much but to advertise it, and occasionally pay someone to fix, and update the theme.

After feeling confident, and wanted to open up an online store that I'm passionate about, which is Animes, and mangas. Which are Japanese animations, and comic books? I grew up watching and reading them. After buying the domain, and doing research. I found two promising suppliers. AAA Anime and Ultra Tokyo Connection.

After getting in contact with them and filling out the paper. They later told me they don't drop ship. But are still willing to do business with me. This is where my dilemma begins. You see when I come to Selling Trademark figurines, and toys. both manufacturer and supplier need the permission of the Trademark holder to manufacture and distribute the trademark goods. Not only do AAA animes and Ultra Tokyo have the permit to sell, these to the retailer. While many others I couldn't determine whatever they did or didn't have.

I have seen many suppliers who didn't have permission. Get pull off listing an express and Alibaba. The second reason why I want to use AAA Animes and Ultra Tokyo express. Is that both are located in the U.S. Making shipping that much faster. Compare to it, other competitors. So my question is this what do you guys here suggest that I do? Is there a service or a business. Where I can ship the products to, and they ship it to my customers for a fee.

Lee Duva, Jun 15, 2019 IP
  2. mmerlinn

mmerlinn Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    I don't understand why you want to buy the products, ship them to a fulfillment agency, and then have them dropshipped from there. If you are going to buy them, why not store them under your bed, then when you sell them you ship them directly to your customers. Why add complexity to the soup?

mmerlinn, Jun 15, 2019 IP
  3. Lee Duva

Lee Duva Peon

Best Answers:
    Thank you for replying to me. Far from it I want to make this as simple as I can. I basically want to hold little inventory at the home i live. I don't want to but the products first store it in my home and wait for the customer to buy it. I rather they buy it first, then with the money i buy and shipped it to them using the supplier at last. The supplier don't dropship. So they sent it the the address that i put down. Can you tell me about this fulfillment agency, you mention? And if i may be bold. May i ask you for some suggestions?

Lee Duva, Jun 15, 2019 IP
  4. mmerlinn

mmerlinn Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    I am thoroughly confused. You say the supplier does not dropship, yet they will send it to the address that you give them? To me that says that the supplier will not dropship and the supplier will dropship. That does not make any sense.

Fulfillment agencies will require you to buy the products BEFORE they will store and ship them for you. To use a fulfillment agency you must buy the products from the supplier, have have those products sent to the fulfillment agency, & store them at the fulfillment agency WHILE YOU ARE WAITING FOR ORDERS. You must do that BEFORE you sell the products, so I see no advantage there.

If you want to sell the products BEFORE you buy them, you either need to dropship from the supplier OR buy them from the supplier after you sell them, then reship them to your customer. You cannot use a fulfillment agency to avoid buying them before you sell them.

mmerlinn, Jun 16, 2019 IP