1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

drop ship stuff...

Discussion in 'General Business' started by theCulturePhile, Apr 6, 2009.

I am interested in learning about Drop Shipping... Does anyone know of any great service providers, or blogs/forums where I can learn more?

Also - I am looking to get some products made inexpensively, anyone know how I can get access to some overseas companies that produce?

Thanks.

-pk

theCulturePhile, Apr 6, 2009 IP
  2. mentos

mentos Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Last time when i'm still green in this field,i used to read a lot of thing about it especially at
    http://www.dropshipblog.co.uk/
    For buying product,you can try DHgate.com

mentos, Apr 7, 2009 IP
  3. theCulturePhile

theCulturePhile Peon

Best Answers:
    thanks thanks. im looking into them now.

-pk

theCulturePhile, Apr 7, 2009 IP
  4. mxyzplk

mxyzplk Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    do you really think that DHgate is trusted?

mxyzplk, Jul 8, 2009 IP
  5. Zirkon Kalti

Zirkon Kalti Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    99% of Dhgate electronics are counterfeit so does Tradekey. I made a sample order of 30 X 1gb Kingston from Huitong Trading International Co. The company claimed they sent it and give me a fake tracking number. I complained the tracking never update. He then told me that EMS give them wrong tracking number and give me another tracking which is when he really sent it about a week ago. Today I received the package. It is 4 Sony 64 GB Pendrive. My brother test it. Once he plug the pendrive it, the computer stuck. He sent it under the name of Ping Li International Limited. Huitong Trading 3000 Trust Points on Tradekey is fake. Never buy electronics from China no matter how they convinced you to buy.

Zirkon Kalti, Jul 9, 2009 IP
  6. UnBooked

UnBooked Peon

Best Answers:
    Doba I heard is a very trustworthy and recommended dropshipping company. I would check them out.

UnBooked, Jul 9, 2009 IP
  7. staffsergeantpeterson

staffsergeantpeterson Member

Best Answers:
    If you want to see how doba works you can always read thdobareview .com (my signature)

staffsergeantpeterson, Jul 9, 2009 IP
  8. James_P

James_P Peon

Best Answers:
    I run an ecommerce business and tend to think that, in a lot of cases, dropshipping is not worth it. In theory, it sounds great (people pay -> you place order -> stock sent directly to them), but in reality, you're just not making that much money. I live in Australia, and noticed that we paid a premium on a certain product. In the US, I could get this same product delivered (shipping from the US is actually quite expensive) even on a small scale (one unit) for a about 200 less than what it's sold for here. I made myself an ecommerce site, started listing on ebay for promotion, bought some adwords credit (paid about $200 in all + two initial products), and made my money back within a week.

I'm sure there are others that have a similar story, but instead with dropshipping. For my particular case, I looked at dropping for quite some time, and then just opted to not be a tightass and risk a little bit.

James_P, Jul 9, 2009 IP
  9. ZoidTech

ZoidTech Banned

Best Answers:
    Just have to say i have seen the name www.DHGate.com Stay Away. Unless you are looking to sell products that are cheap knock offs i would steer well clear.

Some people clearly state that they are fakes, others say they are the real deal and then deliver fakes or dont deliver at all.

One of the best sites i ever came across when i was looking into this feild was www.alibaba.com, 99% of sellers are trustworthy, they look out for scammers, and the feedback system is very good and can't be exploited.

-Z-

ZoidTech, Jul 10, 2009 IP
  10. Zirkon Kalti

Zirkon Kalti Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Alibaba.com and Tradekey are where scammer chinese supplier advertise their products. Globalsources.com looks legitimate. Their website don't have branded laptop like dell, apple, hp, sony. Most of them are factory manufacturer.

Zirkon Kalti, Jul 10, 2009 IP
  11. nodropship

nodropship Peon

Best Answers:
    You cannot import brand name merchandise from an overseas manufacturer. Big companies like Sony, Toshiba, etc have secure supply chains. What you can find are good NON-BRAND items that may be identical to the name brands. Never buy some product posing as a name brand from an overseas manufacturer.

nodropship, Jul 10, 2009 IP
  12. tenueshop

tenueshop Peon

Best Answers:
    type in dropshipping forum and click on the first co.uk site that one is good with lots of information about all the things you need to know and hell even some sites that dropship

tenueshop, Jul 14, 2009 IP
  13. credobyte

credobyte Peon

Best Answers:
    Don't mess with dhgate or your d-ship business will fail ( you'll get too many complaints about quality and broken things ). Take a look at d-ship section on BHW .. should be enough for a while :)

credobyte, Jul 14, 2009 IP
  14. falcommoney

falcommoney Peon

Best Answers:
    As the rest said, whatch out with chinese suppliers.

Once you get a good one, you will be fine.

falcommoney, Jul 14, 2009 IP
  15. iPhone2u

iPhone2u Peon

Best Answers:
    As far as I know this website: TOPztrade.com They has a large amount wholesale products with free shipping fee. I have a good experience to deal with them. In a word, they has perfect products with good customer service.

iPhone2u, Apr 2, 2010 IP
  16. GamesPond

GamesPond Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    worldwidebrands.com best money I have spent.

GamesPond, Apr 2, 2010 IP