1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Drop Down Menu?

Discussion in 'CSS' started by bacanze, Jan 30, 2007.

1. kk5st

kk5st Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    kk5st, Feb 6, 2007 IP
  2. circuscircus

circuscircus Peon

Best Answers:
    You mean JavaScript enabled :p I hope that was a typo or careless mistake--the Java JRE is totally different than JavaScript

circuscircus, Feb 6, 2007 IP
  3. Dan Schulz

Dan Schulz Peon

Best Answers:
    And you still haven't defined what fancy is in your opinion.

Dan Schulz, Feb 7, 2007 IP
  4. JoshuaGross

JoshuaGross Peon

Best Answers:
    Quote: He asked for something interactive and "similar to Flash menus". CSS doesn't come close. Javascript can do amazing things and WebDDM has a lot of the interactive/fancy graphical effects.

Sliding menus, fading menus, tooltips, floating menus, etc.

CSS provides for hiding and showing a menu and some VERY rudimentary styling.

When HE is asking for fancy he doesn't mean "wow, the colors change!?" WebDDM might not provide the level of fancy he wants. If he wants the menu to be on fire and have background music, should probably use Flash. Javascript (and IMO WebDDM) is the next best thing. Again, he said he wanted something LIKE A FLASH MENU. These usually include a high amount of animation and effects.

Therefore, I think it's pointless to argue against me recommending WebDDM... I've worked on it and used it a lot, and I've gotten a lot of good reviews. If it doesn't work for you because you want CSS only, fine. If you need really really fancy menus that WebDDM can't provide, use Flash or Java.

And if you're upset that there are 9 validation errors on a demo page, okay, fine... I haven't updated the demo pages in a while. But that doesn't mean that WebDDM itself is flawed; the HTML page it's on is. And like I said before, WebDDM was designed to work when Javascript is disabled - you can very painlessly provide alternate menus that work for search engines/text browsers/etc.

JoshuaGross, Feb 7, 2007 IP