1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Droid Email Problem - Samsung S5

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by jrbiz, Mar 17, 2016.

Hi,

I have the above smartphone and I love it over the previous S4 that I had. Battery lasts 2-3x as long and it generally meets all of my needs.

One of those needs is multiple email accounts. One of them is a good ole POP/SMTP account. And it is that account that is giving me a minor problem that I hope someone can solve for me.

When you have multiple email accounts and go into email, by clicking on an icon in the upper lefthand corner of the phone, it will take you to a drop list of all of your email accounts and there is a number in parentheses alongside each account that tells you how many new messages are in your inbox for that account. Once you go into the account and either read or delete the new emails, the number in parentheses goes away (because there are no new emails.)

However, with this one POP/SMTP account, the phone froze up after I deleted three emails and the number in parentheses did not get cleared out, despite the inbox being empty. I have tried to empty the Trash folder and everything else I could think of to get that display corrected, but it has been to no avail. Rebooting the phone does nothing, either.

I am thinking that there must be a cache or something like that which I need to clear out or something? It is not the end of the world, because when I see that same number next to the email account, I know that I have no new emails in the inbox, but I would rather have it working correctly, of course. Any advice would be much appreciated!

jrbiz, Mar 17, 2016 IP
  2. sarahk

sarahk iTamer Staff

Best Answers:
    I use gmail for everything, was surprised that it's not the default mail app on Android, but its so much better - and you get your standard mail signature etc.

sarahk, Mar 17, 2016 IP
    jrbiz likes this.
  3. jrbiz

jrbiz Acclaimed Member

Best Answers:
    I do have a couple of gmail (Google Mail) accounts on the phone, but I also have Exchange and regular old POP/SMTP accounts, too. It is one of the POP/SMTP accounts that I am having difficulty with. On another note, counterintuitively, I had the most trouble, initially, setting up the account that was running on Google Mail. Really finicky setting up the IMAP settings.

jrbiz, Mar 17, 2016 IP