1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Driving traffic to a directory

Discussion in 'General Marketing' started by FileStorage.at, Feb 26, 2015.

I have been developing a directory of file hosting services and cloud storage at filestorage.at, and I feel I'm at the point where I can offer a valuable service to users and providers.

Now I'm getting hung up on the whole marketing aspect, and I am not sure where I should be dedicating my time and energy. I've read up on some SEO strategies, but there is so much information out there, much of it conflicting and possibly outdated. I am willing to purchase advertising as well, but I would like to have primarily organic traffic. I also want the traffic to be targeted, as I am trying to build an active community of users who will benefit each other and the viewer.

I am willing to put forth the time and money necessary, but I don't want to run in circles or expend my effort on something that's ineffective, outdated, or even counter productive. If anyone has any insight or suggestions to get me pointed in the right direction, it would be most appreciated.

FileStorage.at, Feb 26, 2015 IP
  2. Web Directory Reviews Org

Web Directory Reviews Org Well-Known Member Premium Member

Best Answers:
    A good early choice would be to consider some of the directory of directories sites that are available. Certainly, don't restrict your efforts to these, but this would be a good start. From there, I think I'd become a part of some active forums on that topic, not for SEO purposes, but to make your product known to interested people.

3. Ethan Alvin

Ethan Alvin Active Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    With the fierce competition in your industry, I think branding and having a personality would help you to stand out. From marketing positioning to creating a community, you have to be clear of your strategy and roadmap.

I'm more than willing to help, so feel free to hit me up.

Cheers,
    Alvin

Ethan Alvin, Feb 28, 2015 IP
  4. suwandichen13

suwandichen13 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    or trying to submit your Directory at another directory . maybe can develop your traffic little by little . i do it too long time ago. ^.^

suwandichen13, Mar 5, 2015 IP
  5. Jose Rodriguez

Jose Rodriguez Peon

Best Answers:
    You can find forums relevant to file hosting and begin blogging constantly on them, your signature (which should include your url) will show on every blog post and you will slowly gain great traffic

Jose Rodriguez, Mar 7, 2015 IP
  6. suwandichen13

suwandichen13 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Blogging? or Forum Commenting? people will misunderstanding. ^.^

suwandichen13, Mar 8, 2015 IP
  7. Ethan Alvin

Ethan Alvin Active Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    Other than it being a directory, does your site offer anything else?

Ethan Alvin, Mar 8, 2015 IP
  8. King-Servers

King-Servers Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    If you can do paid advertising, invest in Facebook ads, Google Adwords and retargeting.

King-Servers, Mar 8, 2015 IP