1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

DP was good, now its not

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by login, Jun 20, 2008.

1. touchAshley

touchAshley Active Member

Best Answers:

I know. I just blurt the stuff out sometimes. There's just sooo many people on here from India and that means that there's different kinds of you guys - Smart, polite, even not so smart and pervy! I know other people are pervy on here too, not just some of the Indians.

Sorry for my blurt outs. ;)

touchAshley, Jun 21, 2008 IP
  2. ac3_spad3s

ac3_spad3s Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I have been here almost a year, and DP is the only place I want to be.

ac3_spad3s, Jun 21, 2008 IP
  3. risoknop

risoknop Peon

Best Answers:
    Well, it is true there are too many 14 years old clueless kids that think they know their stuff but actually they have no idea. On the other hand, there is still a strong community of older experienced members and when you know where, who and how to ask, you can still get really useful answers.

There is still much of great webmaster knowledge at DP, you just need to know where to look and be more selective.

risoknop, Jun 21, 2008 IP
  4. AngelaR

AngelaR Guest

Best Answers:
    TouchAshley: foot in mouth disease... maybe think a little more next time you offend a forum full of different races.

As for the decline in the overall content of DP lately, I completely agree. The newbs are wrecking this forum, and even some older members don't seem to be following the rules anymore. I think a main problem is in the Buy/Sell/Trade section with people posting their stupid opinions of what they don't think is a justifiable price for a website or service YOU are offering. It's ridiculous, if you don't like the price, why do you have to say it? Would you go to a live auction and yell out, "This price is waaaaay to high".. They would tell you not to bid, and get the hell out! Its ridiculous....

I'm starting to drift away from DP too... Its hard to find ANY valuable information here anymore... It's all junk, bunk, and spammy shit. I think the owner needs to clean up these forums, but he's never here sooooooo..... what can you do?

AngelaR, Jun 21, 2008 IP
  5. dcristo

dcristo Illustrious Member

Best Answers:
    Articles:
    Its only inevitable with such a popular forum. You know how it goes, higher noise to signal ratio. There are still helpful members though.

dcristo, Jun 21, 2008 IP
  6. dcristo

dcristo Illustrious Member

Best Answers:
    Articles:
    This is something which has pissed me off for ages. In the B/S/T forums, posts should only be allowed if your interested in buying/selling, not just for discussion and personal opinions. But this requires more moderation which is the problem. (sorry for double post)

dcristo, Jun 21, 2008 IP
  7. login

login Notable Member

Best Answers:
    I ask in the appropriate forums, but still...

login, Jun 21, 2008 IP
  8. vgal

vgal Active Member

Best Answers:
    I don't even know if I should post here, because of the extremely high ranked good old guys. :) Anyways, I haven't been here forever, but even I've seen the same decrease in real quality. Of course, there are some few and far between if you know how to look for them as has been said.

I did a lot of my beginning writing here, and I'm thankful to DP for that opening. However, I do rarely visit unless I'm in a crunch, or am looking for others to work or network with. If I offer any of my services here, even at discounts to what my ongoing clients pay, there are rarely enough takers to make it worth my time.

I still have a few people here I dearly love :p - and always still visit to look around. My postings have drastically dropped though. Every once in a while there's a great new contact, job, or friend to be found.

vgal, Jun 21, 2008 IP
  9. Nintendo

Nintendo ♬ King of da Wackos ♬

Best Answers:
    I can only think of a few downsides to DP that it didn't have two years ago.

1. This member has a red username!! grrrr!!!!! :mad:
    2. Shawn and all da mods are members of da National Association for da Destruction of all Wackos!!! :D
    3. Shawn hasn't made a Wacko University forum!!! :D
    4. This link shows.... 'Showing results 1 to 25 of 4,946' which covers just two days!!!! For those of you in Rio Linda...DP is way too populer, a down side every forum owner would just LOVE to have!!!!!! :D

Nintendo, Jun 21, 2008 IP
  10. ArticleScholar

ArticleScholar Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    It is still :)

ArticleScholar, Jun 22, 2008 IP
  11. login

login Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Nintendo proves my point. I mean where has this forum gone when he is not even posting his pics anymore???

login, Jun 22, 2008 IP
  12. cool_78

cool_78 Guest

Best Answers:
    For me it's still the same more or less, but I only joined around late 2006 so I still can't compare the experience to DP's hey day.

cool_78, Jun 22, 2008 IP
  13. Codythebest

Codythebest Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Was on my way to say the same.
    And not only the pictures, but just posts. Even Nintendo is slowing down his posts, that's a sign...He was all over the place before....

Codythebest, Jun 22, 2008 IP
  14. Blogspotter

Blogspotter Notable Member

Best Answers:
    A few years (couple of years) back:
    SEO was gaining popularity..
    Blogging was becoming popular..

And everybody wanted to know how to get more traffic..
    Starting a website was getting easier, and everybody had lots of questions.

That time: Link Building, h1 tags, Sitemaps, Adsense tips, Link Buying, aRTICLE submissions etc etc were new to a lot of people.. It was all new to a lot of people starting to build a presence online..

Now in the past one year or so, there has been nothing new.. SEO techniques are 2 year old..
    No new technique that have gain popularity since diggbaiting which is also beaten to death..

SEO seems saturated.. It is hard to find new niches which is not saturated..

There are a lot more Spam than it used to be..

And everybody wants to make money online..
    All the experienced guys have become inactive for quite sometime now..

MFAs have taken a new face in the form of thin niche sites...
    Only today I was researching a niche.. Good Niche..

The top site was a www.keyword1-keyword2.net

All the pages didn't have the content I was looking for but just a page created from a DB with a form that leads to an affiliate partner site...

And google can't figure out that, that site is nothing but an advanced spam..

It is no more as exciting as it used to be...

Just my thought..

Blogspotter, Jun 22, 2008 IP
    login likes this.
  15. login

login Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Well, SEO is as important today as it was two years ago. There is a couple of new techniques Blogspotter, but it seems like people here at DP still discuss the old ones :D and they are to stubborn to believe in the new ones.

login, Jul 1, 2008 IP