1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

DP was good, now its not

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by login, Jun 20, 2008.

1. TheVccMatey

TheVccMatey Peon

Best Answers:
    I agree. GC is the only section trailing off.

TheVccMatey, Jun 20, 2008 IP
  2. chandan123

chandan123 Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    i joined in dec 2007 so not much i can say but i don't feel its degrading :)

only i can say is with DP is going down with the database issues ;) :(

chandan123, Jun 20, 2008 IP
  3. !Unreal

!Unreal Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Im 15, does this apply to me :eek:

I do try to post as muturely as possible and I don't use 'leet speek' or anything like that and that applies to most people aswell.

I dont see much wrong with this forum, but I didnt see it in its former glory.

!Unreal, Jun 20, 2008 IP
  4. jhn2001

jhn2001 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Dp has lost its Charm :) ....Buy/Sell/Trade Section is not much interesting any more .

jhn2001, Jun 20, 2008 IP
  5. login

login Notable Member

Best Answers:
    This is exactly what I am talking about. You did cutting edge work and that work manifested here at DP. This is not happening any more.

login, Jun 21, 2008 IP
  6. wisdomtool

wisdomtool Moderator Staff

Best Answers:
    This is typical in any product cycle, when you are at the forefront of a new service or technology, you can charge a premium, but when competition starts coming in, the prices have to go down.

What needs to be done is more differentiation from your competitors by being more creative and innovative.

wisdomtool, Jun 21, 2008 IP
  7. login

login Notable Member

Best Answers:
    wisdomtool, what I talk about is that people with unique ideas dont come here any more.

login, Jun 21, 2008 IP
  8. touchAshley

touchAshley Active Member

Best Answers:
    The threads that are perverted are also getting on my damn nerves. Most webmasters can't get any pootie tang, so they come to DP to share their fantasies and perverted minds.. when they actually need to get the hell off the computer and get laid, then get back to work.

This does not go for all the Indians - But I think most of the perverts are from India.

Holler?!

touchAshley, Jun 21, 2008 IP
    tanujdude91 likes this.
  9. coolat0

coolat0 Peon

Best Answers:
    Internet marketing is an ever changing environment and it has peaks and valleys. It has been in a steady decline for awhile now. So the problem is not with DP, I think it is with the current state of internet marketing. as you might see the same state in other popular boards like WF.

coolat0, Jun 21, 2008 IP
  10. shop4

shop4 Peon

Best Answers:
    So what color should I paint my room? :D

shop4, Jun 21, 2008 IP
  11. WebmasterTL

WebmasterTL Banned

Best Answers:
    I dislike perverts and hentai..:p:mad:

WebmasterTL, Jun 21, 2008 IP
  12. pixeladd

pixeladd Banned

Best Answers:
    muppet

Somebody needs a ban met thinks

pixeladd, Jun 21, 2008 IP
  13. mimm

mimm Banned

Best Answers:
    I think wisdomtool has spoken the best solution there. I totally 500% agree!
    And now I see some comments about Indians, please stop that. It's out of topic. Don't start.

mimm, Jun 21, 2008 IP
  14. DennyNewton82

DennyNewton82 Peon

Best Answers:
    I only just joined DP but I think that by the sounds of it, this forum is no different to anything else online. 10 years ago a far smaller percentage of the world had the skills to even create a website, let alone market it effectively. It was possible to make millions and many did. However like any market in the world, once everyone else see the profits they too get involved and the price falls accordingly.

Even in the last twelve to six months I have noticed a downfall in price of things on the net. I am involved in content and even twelve months ago it was 'easy' to find jobs paying $20/hr with little reputation. Now many people are only willing to pay $3 an hour. This is because of different countries monetry value as stated before; but also because of the nature of the internet. Payment has little relation to qualifications and also there is no way of inforcing minimum wage amoung other things.

So where will we be in five or ten years I wonder? The internet will have grown so large that there will be very little uniqueness possible. I surpose a few players will monopolise the industry and reap large profits while everyone else works for $0.30/hr.

The internet in general is far from the exciting place it used to be in terms of money-making.

DennyNewton82, Jun 21, 2008 IP
  15. Codythebest

Codythebest Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Red hell ;)

Back on topic, the prices fall is also due to the fact that one dollar worth more in other countries. Doing a given job for $25 has a different impact if the worker is in India or in England. While you might buy a couple of newspapers in England, you might pay your monthly rent in India. That's a huge difference. So Indians are cutting price down, which is fine to me since I definitely have an open market spirit. So no complain there.
    My concern: lack of good and interesting webmaster interaction now.

Codythebest, Jun 21, 2008 IP
  16. Dean_Saliba

Dean_Saliba Notable Member

Best Answers:
    I still find it very informative. :)

Dean_Saliba, Jun 21, 2008 IP
  17. mightyb

mightyb Banned

Best Answers:
    And now we are going the wrong way again. The OP was talking about experienced members disappearing and the lack of information that arises as a result.

We are not talking about prices, perverts, scammers nor trying to solve these issues.

mightyb, Jun 21, 2008 IP
  18. Tom Strong

Tom Strong Peon

Best Answers:
    The OP is correct. Damn people just posting to get some inbound links.. nowadays I don't even check the forum anymore, only threads from 2004/05 and some posts of high status members in the past.

There was one guy who in the spawn of two years went from $30/month to selling a $300k network on this forum. :D Won't tell you his nickname :p

Still, lots of money to be made as more and more people reach the internet everyday. I believe the US market is the one who is flooded, back at my home country there isn't a single website dedicated to SEO lol!!

Tom Strong, Jun 21, 2008 IP
  19. rockinfuture

rockinfuture Peon

Best Answers:
    Its working fine for me and for others also. If you are uncomfortable with DP then its better you find a better forum than DP. I am sure there is no one like DP!!!

rockinfuture, Jun 21, 2008 IP
  20. tanujdude91

tanujdude91 Notable Member

Best Answers:
    I don't mind you saying this but I think you should stay away from involving a country's name everytime......A similar conflict happened - http://forums.digitalpoint.com/showthread.php?t=845071 and all indians(including me) were against you....lol....just an advice ;)

tanujdude91, Jun 21, 2008 IP