1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

DP Under PHISHING ATTACK, Protect Your Passwords ~ !!!!!!

Discussion in 'Support & Feedback' started by arpitagarwal82, Jan 18, 2008.

1. Game Producer

Game Producer Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Yeh, something like this would definitely be good.

I suppose automatically replacing links that have *digitalpoint (where * is SOMETHING except a dot) to something like "SCAM-ALERT" would stop some attempts :rolleyes:

Game Producer, Jan 21, 2008 IP
  2. Pinoguin

Pinoguin Peon

Best Answers:
    Well, since it's DP I'm not that surprised .. thanks for the heads up!

Pinoguin, Jan 21, 2008 IP
  3. vpnseller

vpnseller Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    This thread needs to be sticky now
    i got a PM just now

Recipients : : vijaychandarr27, vishald, vlasta, vpnseller, vraj_896

this person sent this msg too me 2

he spam people from A to Z

vpnseller, Jan 31, 2008 IP
  4. hhyosong22

hhyosong22 Peon

Best Answers:
    Report it and post the phished id.

hhyosong22, Jan 31, 2008 IP
  5. VargraV

VargraV Peon

Best Answers:
    Just one question about this, Im sure there is plenty of DP members that got banned because of this idiots, What about them? Admins here at DP looks like they do not care if you are innocent or not, you are always guilty in their eyes or what?

PS: I know 2 people that got their accounts hijacked during this PHISHING attack, and they got banned both of them.

VargraV, Feb 1, 2008 IP
  6. sarahk

sarahk iTamer Staff

Best Answers:
    We care
    The bans are temporary.

sarahk, Feb 1, 2008 IP
    mcfox likes this.
  7. VargraV

VargraV Peon

Best Answers:

Just talked with one guy on MSN and he is apparently banned for 6 months, so thats a long temporarily status there. And by the way how do you know who you banned because their accounts got hijacked and those which didn't got their accounts hijacked. What I know those who got banned cant communicate with any admin from DP. IF you know then why aren't the bans removed? Im new here but I have to say that DP staff is very arrogant, remember if you keep
    on banning innocent visitors you WILL lose in the end. There is millions of other forums out there just waiting so someone makes any mistake. ;)

VargraV, Feb 1, 2008 IP
  8. Smyrl

Smyrl Tomato Republic Staff

Best Answers:
    Hijacked accounts are banned so that the hijacker no longer has access to the accounts. Do you want someone to gain access to your account and scam members using your name? When such things happen there are those that will always believe it was really you scamming than someone using your account.

Smyrl, Feb 1, 2008 IP
    mcfox likes this.
  9. VargraV

VargraV Peon

Best Answers:

Hmmm I didn't think about it like that. :(

But you have to understand that there is a lot of disappointed DP users out there, it doesn't look like DP is doing much except banning. I understand that you ban people to protect scams and spams in DP. But how are you going to solve the account openings again? I mean when the bans are removed how will the right owners get their accounts again? And then there is also this. If you know the answer to my last question, why arent you doing that now, why has the boys and girls that are totally innocent be punished. And its not getting better when DP admits that there is/was hijackings and that there is a lot of people banned with no reason and still there is nothing done to solve the situation. By letting people to wait until their ban is over is a very bad move by DP (my 50 cents).
    Maybe there is something else DP is doing I do not know, but Im pritty sure that the banned ones know less than me.

To all DP admins imagine this:

You are member at a forum for several years, you DO fallow the forum rules and actually have good reputation.
    Then one day while you are reading the forum you get an email that tells you that you are banned, and that is the only info you get.
    You can not defend your self or try to fix things, even if you did not do anything wrong. You get banned just like that and now you cant use the forum for several months, you think about all the people that you were going to do business with and all the ones that you actually was doing business with, what will they think?

What Im trying to say to ALL DP staff/admins, is: You have to come up with some idea how to let people to contact you AFTER they get banned, have a discussion with them AFTER you ban them if they get in touch with you. Just to push the BAN button and pretend that they didn't exist is not any solution, this way you will get a lot of angry people.

VargraV, Feb 1, 2008 IP
  10. sarahk

sarahk iTamer Staff

Best Answers:
    6 months is the standard duration. This gives us time to research the accounts, check that the right person is given the access to the account and reverse the ban.

sarahk, Feb 1, 2008 IP
  11. Browning

Browning Banned

Best Answers:
    I think the lengthy bans are great. I know if my account was phished, and was being used to spam messages around DP I'd want it banned. Better it banned than people giving bad rep, etc because it's spamming them with unwanted messages

Now if they could do something about getting 45% of the threads locked here on DP that are mostly spam. The referral links in the freebies section are nonsense.

I wish I had locking powers

Browning, Feb 2, 2008 IP
  12. Dudefromusa

Dudefromusa Guest

Best Answers:
    Yeah i Had got a Pm Like this But i did not click as He was banned

Dudefromusa, Feb 3, 2008 IP
  13. jabz.biz

jabz.biz Active Member

Best Answers:
    I know what you are talking about!

jabz.biz, Feb 20, 2008 IP
  14. ARonald

ARonald Peon

Best Answers:
    I agree with you. If my account has been hacked I would rather want it banned than it being used for illegal purposes and causing monetary losses to others thereby causing me more trouble.

ARonald, Feb 21, 2008 IP