1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

DP SEO Contest?

Discussion in 'Search Engine Optimization' started by pixeladd, Oct 10, 2008.

1. agabob

agabob Peon

Best Answers:

So you are just very cocky egoist - you learn everyday.
    Going with what I suggested would give a chance the contestants to win really big money and sharing the techniques would benefit others. I'm sorry if I'm wrong but I thought that main reason for existence of forums like this is so people help each other and share knowledge. If you are just after the glory and the prize then I really I hope you lose badly

agabob, Nov 7, 2008 IP
  2. TheRazor5

TheRazor5 Active Member

Best Answers:
    Yeap. Me to. And obviously no one can be obligated to write and ebook or whatever you guys want.

In relation to the 1 buck entry fee I think its ok since we have free hosting and all.

TheRazor5, Nov 7, 2008 IP
  3. siflur

siflur Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Sure, you can call me an egoist. And the only reason why I'm learning everyday is bec I work and learn from my experiences. These experiences give me a knowledge that will make it easier for me to rank higher than others. And this is what makes one seo better than another. If I just give away what I have learned through time to my enemies, they will have the same knowledge as me and my work would be a waste.

But don't think you are a better person if you give away what you have learned. There are only 10 spots on the first page on Google of any keyphrase. The one you help might get to rank higher, but then another will lose. But if you search around on the internet, you will probably find that those who don't know much about seo has a ranking that reflects the quality of their content, while those seo wannabeis you help are ranking with crap. So who is the better person?

To answer your second question. There is a difference between helping people and coaching them. In reality both of them costs, but yes, on this forum we help each other on a share to share basis. But to be honest, I'm not really here to help people as much as meet new people.

If you are just after the glory and the prize then I really I hope you lose badly
    This contest is for fun. Do you really think it is something for you with that attitude? Please stop this childish behavior and name calling. You can't demand people to give away valuable information.

siflur, Nov 7, 2008 IP
  4. agabob

agabob Peon

Best Answers:
    To the Razor5
    I wasn't talking about entry fee. I suggested that members who do not enter the contest put the money in the pool.

To Siflur
    I suggest you read the post before you respond. I never intended to take part in the contest. I offered the money to build the prize pool so I don't think I have an attitude problem

agabob, Nov 7, 2008 IP
  5. siflur

siflur Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    oh, that makes it much better. You demand me to give away information without doing anything yourself. - Well, that's the spirit of this forum. Great to have you to keep it alive.
    I offered the money
    You mean the 1$?
    That's 1/6 of a cup of coffee and 1/10 of the domain name costs.

I offered the money to build the prize pool so I don't think I have an attitude problem
    So bec you are not entering this competition yourself you can just call me whatever you want?
    And that is not childish?

siflur, Nov 7, 2008 IP
  6. agabob

agabob Peon

Best Answers:
    I don't see a sense to talk to you anymore. It's a waste of time. But if you would take your hood off maybe you would see that this $1 multiplied by hundreds or thousands of members if they would support the contest would build a hefty pool. And that would be called supporting each other.
    Wouldn't it be nice if a winner would get $2000 or $5000. I think everyone would be happy.
    People are paying everyday in here $5 or $10 for ebooks worth nothing. They would participate with more then $1 to know they will get a real advice from a real deal.

agabob, Nov 7, 2008 IP
  7. siflur

siflur Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Well, I still think it is childish to you call me a cocky egoist, bec Im not gonna help you, when you don't provide any help yourself.

I don't see a sense to talk to you anymore. It's a waste of time.
    A waste of time bec I don't support your silly idea's? You want to sell a product which isn't even made yet to 5000 people. Well, good luck with your online business.

siflur, Nov 7, 2008 IP
  8. TheRazor5

TheRazor5 Active Member

Best Answers:
    I won't comment the discussion be let's keep focus on the contest that hasn't even started and let's worry about those minor things once we got a winner, ok?

TheRazor5, Nov 7, 2008 IP
  9. seoservicesfree

seoservicesfree Peon

Best Answers:
    Its a long thread ... I started from the page one but left in between to get to the last page.

Is the contest ON ? Pls PM me the details once the fight here ends.

seoservicesfree, Nov 8, 2008 IP
  10. TheRazor5

TheRazor5 Active Member

Best Answers:
    TheRazor5, Nov 8, 2008 IP
  11. ronmac

ronmac Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    looks like it died of death. 31 days and nobody can get thsi off the ground. Is there anyone else who can make this happen as the original op is banned now i think

ronmac, Nov 10, 2008 IP
  12. siflur

siflur Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    He is not banned. He is actually online and right now we are just waiting for more people to join. Don't worry, the contest will start when the time is right...

siflur, Nov 10, 2008 IP
  13. ronmac

ronmac Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Ah i thought it was TheRazor - my appols.

Op this should be just a "Tester" and then evolving it as it takes off with more contests - otherwise the people that originally were interested or signed up lose interest, you know what its like

ronmac, Nov 10, 2008 IP
  14. TheRazor5

TheRazor5 Active Member

Best Answers:
    Is this going to take off or what?

TheRazor5, Nov 15, 2008 IP
  15. siflur

siflur Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I sent a PM to the OP some days ago, but he never replied...

siflur, Nov 15, 2008 IP
  16. TheRazor5

TheRazor5 Active Member

Best Answers:
    He didn't reply to me neither.

TheRazor5, Nov 15, 2008 IP
  17. sontion

sontion Peon

Best Answers:
    i am interested in this . if it ever does happen , let me know .

sontion, Nov 15, 2008 IP
  18. zactive

zactive Peon

Best Answers:
    well, this thing it is opportunity for some of us to learn more while seo contest is there....You can learn from the contestants which one is good, which one of the techniques are still effective or not.

zactive, Nov 15, 2008 IP
  19. ronmac

ronmac Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Iis there anyone else that can start this up again as this thread or seo contest has dies on its ass?

ronmac, Nov 16, 2008 IP
  20. siflur

siflur Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Maybe you could start it up again.
    Im willing to support you :)

siflur, Nov 16, 2008 IP