1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

DP Ads "OUTGROWING ADSENSE" ?

Discussion in 'Digital Point Ads' started by JamesColin, May 25, 2011.

As you can see on the top left corner of this page, over the post new thread button, a "OUTGROWING ADSENSE" post-it note links to DP Ads.
    [​IMG]
    Let me tell you my personal experience with it: it's lame, it's worthless.

I've set up one month ago DP Ads on one of my site with thousands unique visitors a month, in a top position at only $1 eCPM and I got only one advertizer after maybe 3 weeks and for some reason this ads is not even active as of yet, so I got $0 eCPM for the whole month, that's amazing, isn't it?

So how is that outgrowing adsense where I make around $5 eCPM all the time?

This is pure bullshit, DP Ads is not outgrowing adsense at all, and maybe one day it will, but this day maybe only my grand children will see it, and I don't yet have any kid!

What is your own experience with DP Ads and is there anyone out there who can report positively about this?

JamesColin, May 25, 2011 IP
  2. lifeplayer

lifeplayer Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Adsense is developed years and DP ads is just new develop, you cant expect much from them.
    DP ads still need times to grow and adsense still the best ads at this moment

lifeplayer, May 25, 2011 IP
  3. F--K

F--K Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Thanks for the review :)

F--K, May 25, 2011 IP
  4. newbie191

newbie191 Notable Member

Best Answers:
    I think it would be unfair to compare adsense with any other network because adsense has the power of google behind their backs. They are by far the best network and pay 10 times more than any of their competitor.

its also new so perhaps it will get better after some time. :)

newbie191, May 25, 2011 IP
  5. JamesColin

JamesColin Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    Yes, maybe, perhaps, it might.. But the post-it note asks the question "OUTGROWING ADSENSE?"
    And me after testing DP Ads for a whole month (who else tested it?) I simply answer: no way!

JamesColin, May 25, 2011 IP
  6. blogaboutnothin

blogaboutnothin Peon

Best Answers:
    Digital Point ads are definitely outgrowing AdSense so I don't know what you guys are talking about! I'm going to replace AdSense with Digital Point ads and make millions.

blogaboutnothin, May 25, 2011 IP
  7. digitalpoint

digitalpoint Overlord of no one Staff

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    Has nothing to do with the network outgoing AdSense, it has to do with it being for SITES that have outgrown AdSense. It works well for large sites, it does not work well for small sites. It's a tool to sell advertising space to your EXISTING advertisers, it does not bring you new advertisers.

If you are expecting it to get you advertisers for your site, you are expecting it to do something it's not designed for. It's a system to sell ad space to existing advertisers, and it does that fairly well. Clip of reporting showing some of the advertisers using it to advertise on digitalpoint.com...

[​IMG]

Last edited: May 25, 2011
    digitalpoint, May 25, 2011 IP
  8. China_girl

China_girl Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Maybe that was your own review, however I do agree that the amount of advertisers you get on DP ads is close to nothing. It has been around a month now for me to installing DP ads on my blog but I have not even got a single advertiser. Well I believe, it mostly depends on the niche of the site/blog you are operating as well as how big is your site. I dont blame anyone here, but I think the Outgrowing Adsense marketing idea has to be changed to something different ;)

China_girl, May 25, 2011 IP
  9. digitalpoint

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    As mentioned above... it's for sites that have outgrown AdSense... if your site doesn't have advertisers trying to advertise directly on your site, then I would suspect the site hasn't outgrown AdSense. :)

10. China_girl

China_girl Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Wow... what a logical answer, thanks for that one :p
    BTW I was weak in my subjects in school related to logics :D

China_girl, May 25, 2011 IP
  11. wptheme

wptheme Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    What? Maths? :) Is there any guide on how to use DP ads? I did see that Outgrowing Adsense sometimes but I must have missed on the guide on how to use it. There is a site for DP ads right?
    Update: found it http://www.digitalpointads.com/

Update2: Why http://www.digitalpointads.com/publishers.php says last month, shoudn't it be first month free.

wptheme, May 25, 2011 IP
  12. digitalpoint

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    If you use it for one month first is the last so it's the same thing. But it's teechnically last month free that way if someone stops using it and they "owe" money for the last month they used it, we don't have to deal with collecting it.

13. friendlymentor

friendlymentor Peon

Best Answers:
    I've just tried em out for like trial $25.
    However, I was not able to convert even a single sale.

Not saying that DP ads aren't worth. But you gotta be careful in choosing what you are trying to advertise.

friendlymentor, May 25, 2011 IP
  14. digitalpoint

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    Of course... no different than any advertising. :)

15. tattoos

tattoos Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Just out of curiosity, why didn't you set it up to fall back to AdSense if there were no DP ads to display? At least that way you could have still made your normal eCPM!

Again, just out of curiosity, if your already getting $5 eCPM, why did you set it up so you would only earn $1 eCPM from DP ads? Isn't that just setting yourself up to fail?

Its already been pointed out, but... You missed out the question mark. Its not a claim about DP ads, its a question about your site!
    Overlooking small details like these can lead to uneducated opinions, which is something I wouldn't expect from someone that has "Best Reviewer" under their name.

Cheers
    James

tattoos, May 28, 2011 IP
  16. JamesColin

JamesColin Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    Hi tattoos, I've added DP ads to my site without removing adsense ads. I've set it to $1 ecpm because that's the minimum possible and I wanted to test DP ads without having too high a ecpm, since it is a betting system, I think it is better to start low and let the market adjusts the actual ecpm. Also I've noticed a mistake in my first post, I said several unique thousands a month, it's a day, not a month. Just to make it clear that low traffic is not the issue at hand here which would have not attracted potential advertizers.
    Also for a whole month there was the sliding div to prompt visitors to advertize on the site via DP ads, now I've removed this sliding ad, the ad space is still available for the time being, but I might remove it eventually since I have little hope that the situation improves quickly enough.

Anyway I just wanted to point out that the sentence outgrowing adsense is not the experience I've had. So I already had my own answer, I just wanted to offer an opportunity for others to tell a positive experience with DP Ads.
    I have several advertizers already buying ad space on my site via buysellads at the rate of $87 per month, so there are people interested in advertizing on my site, it's just that so far it hasn't been the case with DP Ads, that's no big deal and I'm glad I tried DP Ads, and eventually it can only become a success, I wanted to be one of the first to offer ad space for the existing pool of advertizers, but the network is simply too new yet I think, or rather my site audience is not webmaster centered enough for the current advertizers used to advertize on DP forum.

JamesColin, May 28, 2011 IP
  17. digitalpoint

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    Well if you are expecting to get advertisers from here, that's not what it's designed for. The sites that have great success with it are the ones that have advertisers asking them to advertise on their site, and then they just send them to the system.

As an example, advertisers that are using it to advertise on digitalpoint.com aren't coming in and browsing for sites to advertise on and find digitalpoint.com in the list. They are advertisers that are already wanting to advertise on digitalpoint.com, and just need a way to do it (regardless what ad system we use).

The whole, "Outgoing AdSense?" is a question, not a statement. A question to site owners... are YOU outgrowing AdSense?

Someday we might explore allowing advertisers to run their ads globally on participating sites... but for now it's simply a system that allows the advertisers you already have to bid on space/manage their advertising campaigns on your site.

digitalpoint, May 28, 2011 IP
  18. Bart Simpson

Bart Simpson Peon

Best Answers:
    Yes I agree with you, lifeplayer...

And plus, I don't think they should have that side popup saying "OUTGROWING ADSENSE?" just yet.

Bart Simpson, May 28, 2011 IP
  19. superfrankie

superfrankie Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Why don't we use OpenX or any other adserver script then lol?

superfrankie, May 29, 2011 IP
  20. digitalpoint

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    You could... but OpenX doesn't let you target specific parts of your site. For example, if you have a forum or blog, advertisers can choose to advertise just in certain categories, it also doesn't do bidding. And only handles 1 ad type (banners), Digital Point Ads also does inline keyword based ads as well as being able to auction off email ads.

If OpenX does everything you need to do, then it's fine... {shrug}

digitalpoint, May 29, 2011 IP