1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

DP ads for new website?

Discussion in 'Digital Point Ads' started by Viole801, Jan 11, 2013.

Hello!

I'm going to be opening my new forum website soon, and I am wondering if DP is a good starter ad service. I can see that it is based off people buying my ad spaces, so I'm not entirely sure I should use this service yet because of potentially low starting traffic.

But I could be completely wrong on this.

I would like to consider using this service for my website which will have both adult and non-adult content, so most other ad services are not going to support it.

Viole801, Jan 11, 2013 IP
  2. digitalpoint

digitalpoint Overlord of no one Staff

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    It really depends on if you have people who want to advertise specifically on your site or not. Digital Point Ads connects advertisers directly to publishers... so this means advertisers need to be specifically interested in your site to advertise on.

digitalpoint, Jan 11, 2013 IP
  3. Viole801

Viole801 Member

Best Answers:
    So then as long as someone comes along and wants to buy the space, it makes no difference as to how new or old the site is.

Now I'm just a bit curious as to how it works when someone buys, say 1,000 clicks, of a banner ad space I have made available. Does this buyer keep that ad space until all 1,000 clicks are used up? Does he lose the space and get refunded for the leftover after a certain amount of time? What if someone else comes along an outbids him before his clicks are done, or is that possible?

I ran across a plugin for vbulletin that was designed for google adsense but it works for any provider - according to the coder. Basically, it allows users on my forum to place their own ad space below the first post of any new thread they make. The person that posted this plugin hinted to DP as being a useable provider, but I don't see how when a website has to be proven ownership. He mentions you in his last reply on page 3 of the plugin page (Darn, I can't link it) This would be an awesome tool to be able to use if it actually does work with your service because it promotes joining the community and posting.

And as for your referral system, does it simply record where people got linked to this website from and give referral credit to the owner of the website they came from? That was the impression I got from it. Not needing a referral link is a wonderful thing.

Sorry for all the questions, I'm quite new to this ad thing.

Last edited: Jan 12, 2013
    Viole801, Jan 12, 2013 IP
  4. digitalpoint

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    The ad credit is kept until they use it. It's a bidding system, so they can be outbid at any time. For the referral system, yes... It's based on the referring URL.

digitalpoint, Jan 12, 2013 IP
  5. Viole801

Viole801 Member

Best Answers:
    I guess I'm still a bit unsure about how the bidding works. If someone gets outbid, what happens then if they have already paid through paypal? They get refunded and the new bidder now sends his paypal payment?

Also, if you happen to know anything about the plugin mention from last post, that would be awesome. Just looking to know if your services support such a thing.

Viole801, Jan 12, 2013 IP
  6. digitalpoint

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    Bidding is ultimately on a per click/impression basis. A publisher can refund it if they want, but just because someone is outbid for a timeframe, it does not mean it's indefinite.

As far as the plugin, sorry... No idea. You didn't mention the name of it or a URL. We only use plugins we make, so chances are we don't know anything about it.

digitalpoint, Jan 12, 2013 IP