1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

DP Ad Positioning issue with XF 1.4.4

Discussion in 'Products & Tools' started by woodysfj40, Jan 17, 2015.

I use the most current DP Ad Positioning plugin on multiple sites, specifically the Insert Ad After Post placement.

On my 1.4.3 Xenforo sites, it works excellent and as predicted.

I have upgraded one to 1.4.4 and now the ad no longer positions correctly...it instead appears immediately below

Not working:
    http://forum.ih8mud.com/threads/my-first-diesel-import-has-turned-into-quite-a-headache.831758/

Working:
    http://www.rockcrawler.com/forum/threads/1963-international-scout-80.1391/page-4

I'm wondering if XF has made a change in how it handles cookies that effects the function of this plugin.

Thanks for any assistance or insight!

woodysfj40, Jan 17, 2015 IP
  2. digitalpoint

digitalpoint Overlord of no one Staff

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    Are you getting an error, or?

digitalpoint, Jan 17, 2015 IP
  3. woodysfj40

woodysfj40 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    There is no error, and the ad displays...just in the wrong position.

In each link above, the ad should appear (relatively) in the same spot...on RockCrawler, it properly locates. On IH8MUD, it occurs above the thread content, almost as if the placeholder/cookie isn't being read properly. In the IH8MUD link, there is the 728x90 ad_above_top_breadcrumb placement immediately below the navbar and the 300x250 ad_message_body within the first post...the 2nd 728x90 on the page "should" either be below the firstpost, or in the first-read post per the user cookies.

woodysfj40, Jan 17, 2015 IP
  4. digitalpoint

digitalpoint Overlord of no one Staff

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    You sure it's coming from Ad Positioning addon? The IH8MUD ad that is showing above the first post really doesn't look like it's being added by the addon.

digitalpoint, Jan 17, 2015 IP
  5. woodysfj40

woodysfj40 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I don't know how...but it appears that template reverted to an old version during the 1.4.4 update...strangest thing...I'm at a loss to how or why, but the ad call in the threadview_above_messages was the same ad_message_below code that was called for in the Digitalpoint setup, and obviously cannot be called twice.

Now I'm hunting through other modified templates to be sure nothing else changed...

My apologies for the false alarm.

woodysfj40, Jan 18, 2015 IP