1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

download.com as a means of marketing?

Discussion in 'General Marketing' started by Googles76, Jan 3, 2005.

Ahh, I remember the good old days when submitting your products to download.com was free. Of course back than I was not interested in making money on the internet, and now that I am, they changed their service to paid listing :rolleyes: So do any of you guys use it as a means to market your website? For example submitting a software application that relates to your web site somehow and somewhere in the program you provide the user with a link to your site. I remember I did that once with a little game I made, and I had a homepage with geocities, I got so much traffic that they closed down my site because of excess bandwidth usage :D Just an idea that I suddenly had that might be useful in getting more traffic - how targeted the traffic would be probably would depend on the software you submit.

Googles76, Jan 3, 2005 IP
  2. ryanturner.com

ryanturner.com Peon

Best Answers:
    Seems as though it might be useful... www.analogx.com has some automated tool for submitting software to various software directories... let me know if it works for you.

ryanturner.com, Jan 14, 2005 IP
  3. Bernard

Bernard Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    If you want to market some freeware/shareware to draw traffic to your site, do yourself a favor and visit the Association of Shareware Professionals and download their PAD file generator (author resources link). Then you can upload your PAD file to the ASP site and many shareware directories will pick it up and add you to their download directories. You can also start manually submitting the PAD file to their list of PAD enabled shareware download sites. They do send you a good bit of traffic, especially if you have something of substance to offer.

Bernard, Jan 14, 2005 IP