1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Doubts about to Buy Windows7

Discussion in 'Bing' started by bibinsmk, Jan 13, 2012.

I want to purchase windows 7 for my new assembled system. Somebody help me to solve my doubts
    1) Is 32 bit and 64 bit windows 7 comes in same pack or different ? (My system support 64bit. But should I have to degrade to 32bit after install 64bit)
    2) What is the difference between "oem" and Box type packs?

bibinsmk, Jan 13, 2012 IP
  2. kewlchat

kewlchat Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I still think msn did best with windows 2K i know alot will disagree with me but its still my favorite os.

kewlchat, Jan 19, 2012 IP
  3. Ella_Z.

Ella_Z. Peon

Best Answers:
    The product marked by OEM (original equipment manufacturer) is provided just with the bare minimum. the advantage of buying it instead of equivalent boxed is that it's sold much cheaper.

Ella_Z., Jan 23, 2012 IP
  4. FizixRichard

FizixRichard Peon

Best Answers:
    1) Is 32 bit and 64 bit windows 7 comes in same pack or different ? (My system support 64bit. But should I have to degrade to 32bit after install 64bit)
    I purchased Windows 7 retail pack and there was a 32bit and a 64bit DVD in the pack. I believe you need to do a complete reinstall to move down to 32bit if you have to (cant see why you would want to though, unless your specs are borderline or you are running really old software, I havent had any software issues on 64bit).

2) What is the difference between "oem" and Box type packs?
    OEM is sold with new systems, isn't retail boxed. Box pack is the retail box, you shouldn't be walking into a shop and buying an OEM pack (its the shop that would be breaking the license if they did that). If you are buying Windows 7 with a new machine then OEM is normally what you'd get as standard as thats kind of what its for. If you are buying Windows separately then its the retail box pack. You aren't supposed to buy OEM software separately, its "illegal" to do so.

FizixRichard, Jan 23, 2012 IP
  5. danasurvey

danasurvey Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Great answer FizixRichard. Just to add, Windows 7 is much better than Vista (in my opinion).

danasurvey, Jan 24, 2012 IP
  6. nicelife

nicelife Member

Best Answers:
    OEM means Original Equipment Manufacturer, these are versions that come already installed in a new PC, so there may be outdated and limited for certain purposes.

And yes, Windows 7 is better than vista.

nicelife, Jan 27, 2012 IP
  7. JasonN

JasonN Member

Best Answers:
    Go with Windows 7 it's a stellar OS. Also, I'd go with 64 bit..it gives you the additional processing power for applications that support and you can still run 32 bit apps without a problem.

JasonN, Jan 31, 2012 IP
  8. drhowarddrfine

drhowarddrfine Peon

Best Answers:
    PC means Personal Computer.

drhowarddrfine, Jan 31, 2012 IP
  9. mmerlinn

mmerlinn Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    PC means Politically Challenged.

mmerlinn, Feb 1, 2012 IP
  10. bibinsmk

bibinsmk Active Member

Best Answers:
    Thanks for your valuable replay FizixRichard

bibinsmk, Feb 3, 2012 IP
  11. GoldSEO

GoldSEO Member

Best Answers:
    Windows 8 is around the corner and Windows 7 Ultimate will lose support on...2015 I think...So think before splurging on an expensive new OS you don't need with...frankly...the latest build of Microsoft XP with all the security fixes is still completely valid. In regards to 32bit and 64bit, do some research on the matter, because it's fascinating, on why 32bit cannot make use of as much memory as 64bit. You cannot have an 8GB memory system on 32bit, and the reason why is cool

GoldSEO, Feb 3, 2012 IP
  12. mmerlinn

mmerlinn Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    The reason why is cool? What is so cool about the fact that 32 bits cannot address 8GB of memory because 32 bits does not have enough unique addresses to address it?

mmerlinn, Feb 3, 2012 IP
  13. Techking

Techking Well-Known Member

Best Answers:

Answer : Depend on the provider fro, where you are going to purchase ...yes ,you can degrade to the 32 bit using the same key
    OEM means Original Equipment Manufacturer,it means the company that purchases for use in its own products a component made by a second company. Under this definition, if Apple purchases optical drives from Toshiba to put in its computers, Apple is the OEM.

Samsung,DELL,HP,Wipro,HCL is OEM for Windows 7

Techking, Feb 3, 2012 IP
  14. drhowarddrfine

drhowarddrfine Peon

Best Answers:
    I think PHP is the best!

drhowarddrfine, Feb 3, 2012 IP
  15. rahul.patil

rahul.patil Peon

Best Answers:
    OEM Pack - This is a licensed copy of software given by the software manufacturer to a computer manufacturer to pre-install on a computer being sold to a customer.
    Box Pack - This is a licensed copy of software that an end user buys off the shelf from any authorized retail outlet.

rahul.patil, Feb 10, 2012 IP
  16. drhowarddrfine

drhowarddrfine Peon

Best Answers:
    I think Windows 95 is the best operating system.

drhowarddrfine, Feb 10, 2012 IP
  17. alai2

alai2 Peon

Best Answers:
    bibinsmk, surely you just need to buy this system as there is nothing better because it has not yet been invented, and as 32 ​​bit and 64 bit, that's all you want, but principly there is no any difference.

alai2, Feb 29, 2012 IP
  18. Kate-Oranum

Kate-Oranum Member Affiliate Manager

Best Answers:
    I like Windows 7 - go for it :)

Kate-Oranum, Feb 29, 2012 IP
  19. tenev

tenev Active Member

Best Answers:
    Well, if you've got less than 4GB memory don't use the 64 bit system, it might get slightly slower, due to RAM usage is higher because your probably going to run 32 bit programs.

Also, make sure you've got atleast 512mb video-memory, this would speed up your system, if your having just 256mb vram your online-browsing and other things might become about 50% slower than Windows XP.

However the main problem with Windows XP is the hard-disk, it just doesnt defragment things right. in Windows 7 you get some pretty neat features that manage your hard-disk data in a much better way, ofc. you don't see most of them at all but the programmers made it.

tenev, Feb 29, 2012 IP
  20. eyesight

eyesight Member

Best Answers:
    in my opinion windows 7 is the best search engine among all.if your hardware support 64 bit than install it.because you can get some extra features with the installation of 64 bit operating system.

eyesight, Sep 9, 2012 IP