1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

doubletap vs double-click

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Andy U, Feb 13, 2018.

Hi All,

I'm working on some enduser documentation and this wording "discussion" came up.
    I get that double-click came first with the mouse and then doubletap came about after the rise of touchscreens.
    The userbase for this is expected to be somewhat higher for touch screen devices vs desktops with mice.

I'm suggesting that we just go with doubletap and the desktop people will know what is meant.
    And doubletap is shorter too. :)

I am thankful that the group does not want something like "doubletap/click" so that's nice.

I guess I should also ask, do any feel strongly about doubletap vs double tap vs double-tap?

A bet involving drinks is riding on this! :)

Andy U, Feb 13, 2018 IP
  2. sarahk

sarahk iTamer Staff

Best Answers:
    When do you ever double tap?

sarahk, Feb 13, 2018 IP
  3. qwikad.com

qwikad.com Illustrious Member Affiliate Manager

Best Answers:
    Something pertaining to iOS devices. I remember reading somewhere webmasters complaining about the menus not working right in iOS. There's a simple fix for that. **And that's why I use android based smartphones**

qwikad.com, Feb 15, 2018 IP
  4. Nano Code

Nano Code Peon

Best Answers:
    There are cases when a tap is enough for a single default operation, but double-tapping does a completely different thing. For example, a tap selects something, but a double-tap selectes AND submits the same item you just selected. Mostly common in touch interefaces though.

Nano Code, Feb 15, 2018 IP
  5. jrbiz

jrbiz Acclaimed Member

Best Answers:
    I personally do not like doubletap. Doubleclick is understood by all and has been used for a long time.

jrbiz, Feb 15, 2018 IP
    alwaysforGod likes this.