1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Doubled Up Emails

Discussion in 'Site & Server Administration' started by cellularnews, Sep 20, 2007.

I recently moved my main website to a new server, and adjusted the DNS etc - all seemingly correctly.

I had two MX records (as that is how all my other domains are configured).

However, since the move - I started getting every inbound email twice - and some complaints came through that outbound emails seemed to be sent twice as well.

Under advice, I removed one MX record, and that seems to have reduced the problem - but not cured it. As the change was made several weeks ago, I would presume that DNS caches would be updated by now.

I have checked outbound server logs etc - and I am certainly only sending the emails once, so I can only presume there is a DNS issue which is causing the problem.

Also, if I send emails to my test email addresses, I cannot replicate the problem, which naturally makes testing rather difficult.

Any suggestions where to look next would be appreciated.

The domain in question is cellular-news.com if that helps.

Thanks

cellularnews, Sep 20, 2007 IP
  2. rederick

rederick Peon

Best Answers:
    This happened to my coworker once - turned out it was some issue with outlook. It had some option turned on or something...

Other people are saying you are sending them two copies of the email?

Do you have them forwarded somewhere?

The DNS seems correct - I have not heard of DNS doing such a thing...

rederick, Sep 21, 2007 IP