1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Double Subscription Email Sign Up Form?

Discussion in 'General Marketing' started by Burta, Jul 27, 2009.

I have been reently chatting with someone for whom I advertise an info product as an affiliate, and as part of his sale funnel, he gets his affiliates to drive traffic to a landing page where the visitors subscribe for a free promo product first.

As it stands I'm sending a couple thousand new subscribers to him every month so I was wondering is it possible that when someone subscribes to his free promo product that they also be subscribed to my blog using the same signup form he used for promo product which is free and talks about the same topic which would be relevant?

Burta, Jul 27, 2009 IP
  2. easterwolf

easterwolf Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Sure, just send them to your own landing page that looks like almost the same as the main sales design. Then use the your form and after the details have been collected direct them to the sales page.

If this isn't what you want then talk to the guy! If you are sending him that many optins I'd say " Listen buddy ( in the nicest way possible), I'm sending all these subscibers/sales to you, and you know you want me to continue sending you people so we need to get a coreg form happening."

If he says no and is not willing to work with you on it, screw him, he can get bent! buy his product evaluate it and create your own that is 2X better, upload it to Clickbank or something and make the sales yourself and completely annihilate the SOB.

Well, that's what I would do anyway.

easterwolf, Jul 27, 2009 IP
  3. Burta

Burta Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    LMAO! Loved the response, and appreciate the straight shooting too.

Not a bad idea - though I'm pretty sure I'm his biggest affiliate by far, so I'm certain he'd notice and I don't think he'd be happy.

:rolleyes:

I actually have already started speaking with him, and the reason I posted this question was because he said he didn't know how to do a coreg (is it possible??), and I didn't know if he was just not keen on the idea and was trying to blow it off as too difficult or if he actually knew it wasn't possible.

Please if anyone knows a systemwhere by "coreg" is possible please let me know.

LMAO - luckily for him as well as being one his biggest affiliates I'm probably also one of his laziest!

Burta, Jul 28, 2009 IP
  4. goscript

goscript Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    This can be made but unfortunately the subscriber would have to confirm 2 emails instead of one.

goscript, Jul 28, 2009 IP
  5. zaggernaut

zaggernaut Active Member

Best Answers:
    If you started collecting subscriber details twice, the number of successful submitters will drop by more than 60%. There can be rare exceptions but why take chance.

A better way is to YOU collect the details and then sell the list to him later. This way you'll get your cut, and, he don't have to worry about coreg stuff.
    What say?

zaggernaut, Jul 28, 2009 IP
  6. Burta

Burta Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    By this do you mean that when they submit their details they will receive two emails both asking them to confirm their subscription to each mailing list?

If so, is this really that bad?

Are you saying the number of successful subscribers for both mailing lists would fall by 60% or just the second mailing list subscription?

It's looking like the better option - though it will also mean I need to hire myself some landing page designer and some content writers to whip a tacky ebook. Ugh...

:rolleyes:

Burta, Jul 28, 2009 IP
  7. zaggernaut

zaggernaut Active Member

Best Answers:
    yeas, I mean the subscriber nos. of second list would fall. Because when you send them to a second sign-up they'll abandon more often than not.

Re. landing page, why not you copy stuff from product seller's sign-up page( of course let him know and ONLY reword the stuff.) After all your visitor's won't be seeing his landing page at all.

zaggernaut, Jul 28, 2009 IP