1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Dookie > Paypal & eBay

Discussion in 'PayPal' started by mdvaldosta, Mar 1, 2006.

Blah, gotta vent alittle. Willing to run the risk of 'too good to be true', I bought a PR7 link off eBay for $8.50 :D The seller had over a hundred feedbacks, 100% positive so I figured it was legit and I found a good deal.

Needless to say, it was a PR hijack from an authority website. The moron made a subdomain on some crappy site (named it the same as the authority site - lol!), scraped the content, and did the old hijack trick.

Of course, I blasted an email to him but he didn't respond. Tried to file a complaint with eBay (but they wouldn't friggen accept a complaint until the transaction was 2 weeks old! Morons!). So I they try to charge it back against my PayPal. It was quite simple, I paid for a PR7 link but instead got a PR0 on a scraped page. This is their response:

Douchebags. And the sad part of it all is.. I'll still be using PayPal and eBay in the future.

mdvaldosta, Mar 1, 2006 IP
  2. yfs1

yfs1 User Title Not Found

Best Answers:
    A PR7 link for less then $10 on eBay :confused:

Lol, you had to have a pretty good feeling it was a fake. I would say that listings involving PR are fake over there at least 75% of the time. Paypal doesn't care (I have never seen them give the refund) and neither does eBay.

They are the worst for those kind of sales.

yfs1, Mar 1, 2006 IP
  3. mad4

mad4 Peon

Best Answers:
    Personally I think google should stand up and put a stop to this.

At the moment its a bug which allows scammers to profit at the expense of innocent buyers.

mad4, Mar 1, 2006 IP
  4. rehash

rehash Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    you can't talk about PR hijack with ebay, they are idiots and they would never understand

rehash, Mar 1, 2006 IP
  5. mdvaldosta

mdvaldosta Peon

Best Answers:
    Lol, yea one would assume it's fake based on the price and PR... but the dude did have over a hundred feedbacks and had a 100% rating... until now :D In the grand scheme of things it's only $8.50, weighing the risk vs reward it was worth the chance. No biggie, just wanted to point out that it's pretty rampant and no wonder... when people can rip you off and there are no consequences.

mdvaldosta, Mar 1, 2006 IP
    yfs1 likes this.
  6. yfs1

yfs1 User Title Not Found

Best Answers:
    The buyers are just as stupid (well ignorant may be a better word) over there. In fact, thats why scammers are the vast majority of link sellers

PS. 99% of buyers of links at eBay are ignorant when it coems to PR and fake PR. You know I'm not including you of course, just explaining the great feedback.

yfs1, Mar 1, 2006 IP
  7. mhdoc

mhdoc Tauren

Best Answers:
    For what it's worth... I always check the feedback before bidding on Ebay. So if I were to consider bidding on this guys auction I would notice your comments and not bid. It takes some effort to build up a hundred feedbacks, so even if the guy has multiple Ebay IDs your negative on this one may sting a little.

mhdoc, Mar 1, 2006 IP
  8. Cyclops

Cyclops sensei

Best Answers:
    I would be willing to pay the money just to enable me to post bad feedback to stop this guy ripping off other people :mad: .
    Three or four bad but co-ordinated feedbacks should do the trick.

Cyclops, Mar 4, 2006 IP