1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Don't use 500 word articles!

Discussion in 'Search Engine Optimization' started by SEOwm, Aug 18, 2010.

1. SEOwm

SEOwm Peon

Best Answers:
    I know many of you will not agree, but with enough content (word count) your article on ezine will cause ezine to flow pagerank, have you ever noticed that the very long articles on ezine passes pagerank value to the page with the article, rather than posting 400 words, and have a pagerank n/a page on Ezine (which still earns you ranking credit) you could instead post 800 words and the pagerank would flow from ezine to the ezine article, then to your website

SEOwm, Aug 21, 2010 IP
  2. ezrasalken

ezrasalken Guest

Best Answers:
    I usually write at least 300 words per article. I write articles for my sites as well as for ezinearticles. But latley, I have to admit that I'm not that motivated to write articles on ezinearticles. I simply feel much more motivated to write for my own site instead of writing a unique article for another site simply to get the backlink.

Hopefully I can find a way to get backlinks with out spending so much time on various articles.

ezrasalken, Aug 21, 2010 IP
  3. jody_w

jody_w Peon

Best Answers:
    I put the article on my site first and get it indexed. Then I submit it to EZA and link it to a different article on my site. That way I get the content for my site, an article on EZA, and a backlink, all from one piece of content.

jody_w, Aug 21, 2010 IP
  4. Internet Marketing IQ

Internet Marketing IQ Guest

Best Answers:
    Opinions are just that.

Internet Marketing IQ, Aug 21, 2010 IP
  5. sonicmayhem

sonicmayhem Member

Best Answers:
    Hi SEOwm,

I agree with this.

Also, if you're trying to get people to click a link at the bottom of your article, do you think most people want to read more than 500 words when most people like to 'scan' what they're reading? I for one hit the back button on long articles.

If you're posting an article just for the link back to your site, then it doesn't really matter either way, as long as it's good relevant content.

Also, did you know that posting more than one article linking back to the same site from the same IP is a waste of time, since Google will only count one link? ;]

Shawn

sonicmayhem, Aug 22, 2010 IP
  6. simpseo

simpseo Active Member

Best Answers:
    I just checked an article I submitted before the last Pagerank update. It has 440 words and has a TBPR value of one. So this disproves the theory that you need a long article to acquire (visible) Pagerank.

Sometimes when I look at the Pagerank values of some blogs the toolbar PR values of some of the inner pages can seem quite random. Some links from the top navigation, for example, acquire Pagerank and others in the same menu don't.

I would therefore be quite circumspect when assessing the Pagerank flow based on the toolbar value, because it's inconsistent and doesn't always appear to follow a logical pattern. The real Pagerank value is hidden under the hood, so to speak, and this is what really counts.

simpseo, Aug 22, 2010 IP
  7. marshalprince

marshalprince Peon

Best Answers:
    for me words limit is not important in any article, but the thing is the article should be relevant and real, then only can get ranking in google..

marshalprince, Aug 22, 2010 IP
  8. infogle

infogle Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Anything over 250-words makes things boring to read - so try to make article short so that people could write to read often - you can split same information in two articles so that interest of user keep going.

Hope it helps...

infogle, Aug 22, 2010 IP
  9. zealot777

zealot777 Peon

Best Answers:
    I would say 200-300 is enough. Just make it straight to the point. I think people will get bored reading long articles.

zealot777, Aug 22, 2010 IP
  10. anderson9731

anderson9731 Peon

Best Answers:
    I also think around 325-375 words are quite enough to get approval and back links.

anderson9731, Aug 23, 2010 IP
  11. pammi388

pammi388 Peon

Best Answers:
    450-450 words enough .

pammi388, Aug 23, 2010 IP
  12. pammi388

pammi388 Peon

Best Answers:
    400-450 words enough

pammi388, Aug 23, 2010 IP
  13. emmataylors

emmataylors Peon

Best Answers:
    I believe 450-600 words are the optimum with the keyword density not more than 3% and the content is actually valuable.

emmataylors, Aug 23, 2010 IP
  14. IlBestia

IlBestia Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    400 - 500 words maintains enjoyable user readership, and provides a good amount of content. Sure you can go beyond 500, but as said above, it's got to be interesting! People just want a quick fix.

As for backlinks, IN MY OPINION, Google will give you credit for 1 - 3% keyword density and LSI keywords here and there.

IlBestia, Aug 23, 2010 IP
  15. Prakashets

Prakashets Active Member

Best Answers:
    I agree all suggestion but many article directory not accept 150-200 or 250-350.It does not matter how much word use in article content but your content is good or original or not repeat a word more than four times.

Prakashets, Aug 23, 2010 IP
  16. wounded1987

wounded1987 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    total waste to create 400-500 words articles and even submit them to Ezine! waste.... of cash. dont you rather create a 800 words article with real useful information on your own blog? these links from ezine dont bring anything then little bit of traffic and you would never ranked high for competitive terms. on ezine there are thousands of articles and all the juice of the main domain is split among them.

wounded1987, Aug 23, 2010 IP
  17. amitmax

amitmax Active Member

Best Answers:
    I think 500-700 words containing article is a best article.

amitmax, Aug 23, 2010 IP
  18. danielchloe

danielchloe Peon

Best Answers:
    Words doesn't matter..quality matters..we know that there are 300 to 350 words for an article which is sufficient to submit on articles especially ezinearticles. There are some article sites that need 500+ words like buzzle.com but normally 300-350 words are more than enough required your good quality content.

danielchloe, Aug 23, 2010 IP
  19. jewel3000

jewel3000 Peon

Best Answers:
    I agree that the best word length is ~ 400 words. However, I just put this marketing tips article on Ezine, pertaining to how to find the best writers freelancing online.

This is almost 700 words long. I was glad that it did seem to get approved MUCH quicker than any of the shorter articles I've put on Ezine.

Yes, 700 words is a lot to read. But my main purpose was to get the backlink juice with certain keywords. It would be very nice to get traffic from this article, but really, that's my secondary goal . . .

I'm gearing up to create a link wheel, and this one of the main keyword spokes I just needed to set up. :)

jewel3000, Aug 23, 2010 IP
  20. lamoves

lamoves Peon

Best Answers:
    Content is more more imporant than words limitations.Google love fresh interesting content although we have not to forget limitation of article words. Content is King eveything else become matrix ....

lamoves, Aug 23, 2010 IP