1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Don't Stop Til You Get Enough

Discussion in 'General Business' started by gr8webseller, Mar 8, 2012.

After finishing Engineering i planned to start a business and i started a Website exactly before 7 months. The market which i have choose was a HOT as well as very competitive market. I worked with many websites before so i never cared about competition. But the panda thing was hurting me from the day i start. Most of the big reputed websites got affected by Panda. My site was very new, so making even a small mistakes will completely ruin my business, so i made each and every move carefully from start.

Here are some of the notable things which i did...

1. Bought shared hosting in a good hosting company.
    2. Bought dedicated IP address. (peoples says that it will be helpful for SEO).
    3. Installed wordpress with SEO theme, i can't afford Thesis, so i used this free TechMaish theme.
    4. I did some 100 blog commenting in the first 1 week (in my webmaster journey i never cared about dofollow or nofollow).
    5. Recently i heard about Bloggerlinkup and i tried, it was pretty good for getting niche related backlinks, but i haven't used it much.
    6. I installed WP Total Cache to reduce page speed, because Google care more about page speed after panda update.
    7. I reduced ads and i have only one ad above fold. (after page layout algorithm change).
    8. Learned, learned, learned... i learned lots about SEO from different SEO sites and blogs.

For the first 6 months my Google traffic never crossed 60 UV per day... But i know i am doing correct, so i keep working on my site without caring much about traffic... exactly after 6 months (i said EXACTLY), my traffic got doubled 120 UV per day... for the next 20 days my traffic was not stable (min 120 - max 150)... Before 1 week suddenly my traffic got increased to 220 UV. After that it was increasing gradually and today i reached 1000 UV per day...

My site traffic got increased exactly after 6 months (i saw one more site with the same story)... so Google is under-ranking sites for certain period of time (for my case 6 months) and exactly after that period, Google started to increase rank... I heard peoples saying this as Sandbox... Lots of peoples says there is no sandbox, but for my case it happened...

I am posting this to celebrate my 1000 UV per day...

So... Panda changed the whole story... to succeed in web industry, here are some tips...

1. Content is king and it is always be the king...
    2. Backlinks are important but don't do much...
    3. If your site is new forget about the traffic and keep writing content daily for the next 6 months...
    4. Don't give up...

Hope it was useful... If you have any doubts regarding SEO for New sites, let me know... i will try to help you...

Note: I am not selling any books or giving any service... I am just sharing what i learned before...

Enjoy!!!

Last edited: Mar 8, 2012
    gr8webseller, Mar 8, 2012 IP
  2. dcristo

dcristo Illustrious Member

Best Answers:
    Articles:
    You call it under-ranking. I call it normal behavior. A new site can't expect to get a lot of traffic when it's not established. Anyway, nice post.

dcristo, Mar 8, 2012 IP
  3. Sgroove

Sgroove Peon

Best Answers:
    totally agree

Sgroove, Mar 10, 2012 IP
  4. PPCoach

PPCoach Peon

Best Answers:
    These are pretty much dead wrong. Backlinks are EXTREMELY important. I've ranked sites with about 500 words of content total for difficult keywords. Maybe you're being "under-ranked" because you were under-estimating backlinks.

PPCoach, Mar 10, 2012 IP
  5. mmm555

mmm555 Member

Best Answers:
    Congratulations! Never give up!

mmm555, Mar 11, 2012 IP
  6. grandpalacehotelandspa

grandpalacehotelandspa Peon

Best Answers:
    Its nice to hear...

Like us @ [video]  Like us @ [video]http://www.facebook.com/grandpalaceyercaud[/video][/video]
    View attachment 76388

grandpalacehotelandspa, Mar 11, 2012 IP
  7. CasanovaPro

CasanovaPro Peon

Best Answers:
    You got to have the right Mentality for this business

CasanovaPro, Mar 14, 2012 IP
  8. JPC-Sabrina

JPC-Sabrina Member

Best Answers:
    Content is king is along the right lines for building up your traffic and page rank. A good blog strategy mixes well with SEO content optimization on the front and the back end of your site.

JPC-Sabrina, Mar 14, 2012 IP
  9. elitebag

elitebag Peon

Best Answers:
    Yes, keeping a new website active need be patient and can't give up .Even the website is good enough,it still need do it regularly.

elitebag, Mar 18, 2012 IP
  10. SamFrankly84

SamFrankly84 Member

Best Answers:
    I think this is yet another post that should be taken as inspiration that you can actually get something done if you start it and then work hard to keep at it.

SamFrankly84, Mar 18, 2012 IP
  11. imedia2011

imedia2011 Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    The biggest takeaway here is probably you acknowledging that the content has to be valuable. Without a site worth sticking around to read/browse, all the links or social bookmarking in the world won't have a lasting impact. Good for you and keep up the good work! It's always good to read about people seeing some success in their online endeavors.

imedia2011, Mar 24, 2012 IP