1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Dont' purchase the iLance script

Discussion in 'Scripts' started by Jayyyyyyyy, Jan 3, 2008.

1. jumpingtoconclusions

jumpingtoconclusions Peon

Best Answers:
    Do you have any other examples besides DoMyStuff for iLance? It doesn't look like much activity is going on there.

jumpingtoconclusions, Aug 3, 2009 IP
  2. jumpingtoconclusions

Best Answers:
    Is there anyone here actually using iLance?

jumpingtoconclusions, Aug 14, 2009 IP
  3. jumpingtoconclusions

Best Answers:
    I guess it is dead and gone to the script grave yard.

jumpingtoconclusions, Aug 20, 2009 IP
  4. bmpt87

bmpt87 Member

Best Answers:
    I have an ilance site, and i believe this site is better that what is being portrayed in this thread.

It seems like the people knocking the script have put little time into the script but yet expect the software to do everything.
    my ratings

-the support is fair
    -the script is easy to use
    -the script is very expensive
    -lots of revenue streams
    -easy to customize

there are at least 5 sites i know using this script making over $500 per day (ilance cannot give you examples because of a non-disclosure agreement)

My site is a large budget, with plenty of developing, marketing resources(me). overall i would not suggest this script to anyone who does not want to invest there time, not have enough capital, or have little developing know-how. But the software is working for me, and making money

bmpt87, Apr 22, 2010 IP
  5. jiml

jiml Peon

Best Answers:
    Selling my site clearmystuff.com

Branding removal included.

Please PM me.

jiml, Aug 4, 2010 IP
  6. user2

user2 Peon

Best Answers:
    i have an Ilance site
    url: www.jhunsgroup.com/chattercorps2
    i have post a service as user2 which bid by user3. i have accept user3 bid by hire. but the status from "Bid Proposals I've Hired" it showing "Pending Approval" how can i approve user3 and how can i pay user3 for the services.

if you have any solution please mail me sourav.mondal.in2gmail.com

user2, Jan 2, 2011 IP
  7. jiml

jiml Peon

Best Answers:
    sold. Thanks!

jiml, Mar 11, 2011 IP
  8. adeel9771

adeel9771 Member

Best Answers:
    Yea, it sucks

adeel9771, Mar 17, 2011 IP
  9. _bastian

_bastian Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Check out the ozlancer freelance script, it sh*ts on ilance!

- Built with PHP on codeigniter
    - SEO, Developer and designer friendly
    - Custom CMS
    - Jam-packed with features!
    - Inexpensive
    - Awesome support

I've been using it for a few weeks and highly recommend it if you're looking for a script that performs!

_bastian, May 13, 2011 IP
  10. derf4

derf4 Peon

Best Answers:
    I have been trying to get in touch with ozlancer sales or support team, sent an email to sales, used there contact us form, called their but no reply. The thing is I am really interested in there script, I have seen the demo and want to make a purchase, then I came across this forum.

Please is there anyone here that has used an ozlancer script and can tell me how well it is working, maybe PM me a click to your site. And if you are an ozlancer sales/support team can you contact me..if for sure you guys really exit. I dont want to pay for what am not going to get. All good advises are welcome..

thanks..

Last edited: Feb 5, 2012
    derf4, Feb 5, 2012 IP
  11. bmartin1984b

bmartin1984b Peon

Best Answers:
    I have been searching for a development like Ilance for a long time now I finale got lucky enough to find it a few months backs I have been very pleased with it I know their are small thing but like every company that turns out great don't start perfect I have seen a great improvement from the time I signed on with Ilance I would recommend the program to whom ever want to create their own online marketplace

regards,
    Wana:eek:

bmartin1984b, Feb 17, 2012 IP
  12. riteshsanap

riteshsanap Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Well they are going same as the WHMCSGold is doing it is taking money for outdated scripts they wrote 2-3 years ago and do not provide any support under the name Open Source, if it is Open Source then just give it for free, ain't that right, we pay Money because not only for Script but for good Support from developer to get the issues fixed.

riteshsanap, Feb 17, 2012 IP
  13. itsmanesh

itsmanesh Peon

Best Answers:
    Hi everyone..

Is anyone using iLance scripts for auction, RFQ processes... would like to hear the experience in terms of features, ease-of-customization, support, etc

Thanks in advance..

itsmanesh, Apr 6, 2012 IP
  14. Intoluxe

Intoluxe Peon

Best Answers:
    Any one knows if Ilance comes in multilingual version ?

i am thinking of purchasing their code but not sure after all that i have read: I mean if this code is really buggy it should be for everyone, so why are people happy and other people not happy at all ?

Will a hosted version be the solution to this buggy issues ?

Any recommendation would be more then welcome.

Intoluxe, Apr 7, 2012 IP
  15. Looking4Answers

Looking4Answers Peon

Best Answers:
    Hi All,

This threadt has started in 2008, after five years any comments from iLance script customers?

- Has the script being improved? Today at version 4.0, any new bugs?
    - How is the customer support?
    - How do you rate it features vs. price?
    - Would you recommend anyone to buy it?

@Intoluxe, did you get a solution for your language concern above?

Cheers,

Looking4Answers, Jul 27, 2013 IP
  16. deathshadow

deathshadow Acclaimed Member

Best Answers:
    Can't say I'd use it, but one of the best ways I find to gauge the quality of a product is to look at the site it's hosted on... I'm not gonna give them my e-mail address just to see a blasted demo (that's a warning flag it's a scam in my book), so let's look at the page for signing up:

https://www.ilance.com/demo?do=verify&t=cp

As a rule of thumb, if the front end is garbage, the back-end code is at least as bad if not worse.

So... visually we have illegible color contrasts below accessibility minimums, crappy inaccessible fixed width layout 1990's style, and absurdly undersized fixed metric fonts -- the trifecta of /FAIL/ at web design.

Under the hood, the first line proudly proclaims everything you need to know about it -- transitional, which is to say it's in transition from 1997 to 1998 coding practices. It wastes time and bandwidth on all those stupid malfing Apple icons, wastes even more on multiple stylesheets for only one media target (with an incomplete stack), is knee deep in endless pointless javascript asshattery for nothing, including that idiotic malfing jquery garbage (not a fan), static scripting inlined in the markup, static style inlined in the markup, presentational use of cryptic classes (fr, fl, etc), endless pointless DIV for nothing, endless pointless classes for nothing, abuse of lists around form elements for no good reason, gibberish use of numbered heading tags, clearing DIV like it's still 2001, span and DIV doing paragraph's job, tables around non-tabular data...

When it's 29k of markup to deliver 1.27k of plaintext, 3 content images and 7 form elements, it is little more than ineptitude of the highest order. Whoever built that page needs to do the world a favor and back the **** away from the keyboard until they learn more about HTML, CSS and accessibility norms... even the 18 validation errors say something since it's in the ridiculously forgiving transitional document.

It's a train wreck of how not to build a website, and that's JUST the login form for the demo.

deathshadow, Jul 27, 2013 IP
  17. deathshadow

deathshadow Acclaimed Member

Best Answers:
    Someone sent me a demo login (which is a total laugh security-wise)... so let's review the front end code presented to the client.

AGAIN, the trifecta of design fail -- crappy inaccessible fixed width, crappy illegible absurdly undersized fonts, with crappy questionable color contrasts. Can't say I'm surprised, most every shopping cart software dirties it's own linens with that type of idiocy.

Under the hood it's a non-semantic mess with all the same shortcomings, and some new ones... like using DIV+SPAN to do LI's job, even more endless pointless idiotic classes for nothing, tables for layout just about EVERWHERE, javascript doing CSS' job (really bad when it's the stuipid malfing onmouseover/onmouseout attributes)... it's just another laundry list of how not to build a website.

... and if the front end code is this ineptly put together, it's probably an insecure bloated slow train wreck on the back-end... now if I could just see the back-end code :D

... as I said above, whoever is writing this garbage doesn't know enough about HTML, CSS, Javascript, accessibility minimums or guidelines like the WCAG to be writing code, much less having the cojónes to charge money for it. I pity anyone duped into using this nonsense.

Though to be fair, I say the same thing about Magento, X-Cart, Shopify, Wordpress, Joomla... I've never seen an off the shelf solution for shopping or blogging that was worth a flying purple fish, and didn't need to have it's output completely gutted to drag it kicking and screaming out of the 1990's... and as I've been saying for years, if the front-end code is this bad, the back-end is likely worse.

deathshadow, Jul 27, 2013 IP
  18. GreyNomad

GreyNomad Peon

Best Answers:
    I understand deathshadow's points. Yes, the HTML interface is antiquated. I would much rather have a modern, responsive front end. And as he says, other products like Magento suffer from the same problem. I also understand the difficulties of maintaining a software product that's been in existence for a long time, and balancing the need for product interface changes and new product functionality in the design cycle.

I'm currently working on an auction site. I spend about a week looking at every auction software platform I could find, and ILance actually had the best front-end look. Yes it needs some work, but it's way better than PHP Pro Bid, which was the only product that came close to what I needed. So my primary concerns were: does the product work; and does it have the functions I want.

I'm in the early stages of the installation. I ran into a problem with one of the extensions I bought, and just got that resolved.

If anyone is interested in following my progress, I'm keeping a journal here:

http://www.greysspace.com/category/software/software-ilance/

~~ Grey

GreyNomad, Aug 5, 2013 IP
  19. Adam.jack

Adam.jack Active Member

Best Answers:
    Ilance is fantastic. This guy Jay has absolutely no idea - I have dealt with people like him and believe me, they can NEVER be pleased - All they are good for is recking businesses. Jay grow up.

Adam.jack, Aug 6, 2013 IP
  20. Sean88

Sean88 Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Well considering this user is banned, I don't trust this one bit.

Does anyone have any CURRENT feedback on iLance - OR, more importantly... What are the other options available?? I have searched a few of them now but iLance and getlancer seem to be the best options out of a VERY BAD bunch. Getlancer is very buggy - I was thinking about purchasing the source code and making my own modifications but I imagine the backend/coding would be terrible considering it is an Indian script. Any website design from India immediately makes me want to avoid avoid avoid. iLance seems ok from what I can see from the demo, but it still looks kind of archaic/outdated. And to get the source it is very expensive.

Are there perhaps any native english speaking web development companies who have done this kind of work someone knows about?

Sean88, Dec 24, 2013 IP