1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Dont' purchase the iLance script

Discussion in 'Scripts' started by Jayyyyyyyy, Jan 3, 2008.

1. slinky

slinky Banned

Best Answers:
    There is bashing in the forums by some idiot license holders for the asking of two intelligent 2 questions that appear there:

1) Has anyone here done any programming/development in conjunction with iLance and can you give me an insight into your experience as to how it works and is set up?

2) The licensing doesn't work because if you have an existing forum of 15K user accounts (not active, just accounts) and want to use their sync module, it will cost you $2,000. That's not a typo. They also want $130 on top of that for brand removal, lol.

With regard to #1, the responses are that it is an amazing script and what the heck do I want to know. It's like Microsoft Word or whatever compiled code example it was. You don't program it. It's just amazing out of the box and you either buy into the concept or you don't. Umm.... ok. That gives me great confidence that experienced people there really know what they are using, lol.

Regarding #2, the pricing is what it is. A ton of money if you're just looking for 1 license to run with a small to mid sized community. Priced out of budget.

So who wants to pay $500 to find out if the coding sucks. They don't list any demo sites, nobody shares them and the few owners of the script seemed to have marketing fluff praise to share and little development experience. I decided it was easy to pass on this script.

slinky, Oct 21, 2008 IP
  2. traffic97

traffic97 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Better run away from this script. There are hardly any users left now !!!

traffic97, Oct 21, 2008 IP
  3. slinky

slinky Banned

Best Answers:
    Follow up - I went back to the iLance site late last night to look at the forum posts - the bad thread that I saw and saved is completely gone and not just locked any more. It seems like they censor all the legitimate criticism that they are afraid you might read. To me it makes me wonder how many more of these surprises one can expect after blowing a huge amount of money on their script. So it goes.

slinky, Oct 22, 2008 IP
  4. psalzmann

psalzmann Member

Best Answers:
    Can you be any more child-like in your statement? If you're going to participate in this thread you can at least act professional. How about we try that? For one, you have no clue how many licensed customers I have since 2002 and two - quit acting like your 6 years old or move on. If you want to do some math why don't you calculate how much money you are NOT making because you didn't buy and roll out with ILance. I bet you could have launched already and started to make good decent honest coin. But you went the other road. As your name suggests here in the forum "Traffic" if you want traffic and know ANYTHING about internet traffic you'd know that ILance fills your new or existing domain with nothing but traffic. But don't take my word for it.. take you're buddy's Slinky / slinger2424 or whoever his name is suggestions. He seems to be on the right track lol

RJ is hands down running the best Domain Name forum available on the Internet Today. If you have a problem with RJ take it up with him. What does that have to do with ILance? Again, if you're going to talk about this product STAY ON TOPIC. Why the heck are you so concerned about everything we're doing anyways? why don't you get licensed and start making money. That's what I built it for man. Also, I have never heard of the script you mentioned.... are you confused or something? is this really not the thread you wanted to rant in ?

Every product has bugs and when you invest in a SUPPORTED solution like ILance you get what's called SUPPORT. Support means if there is a problem the Vendor solves it. How hard is that to comprehend really? But because I know you and I know your type, this isn't called Pre-Sales this is called Jealousy. Just read between the lines in this thread. You'll see where I'm going. I'm sorry you feel this way but I'm going to defend ILance because I know what it's got "under the hood" thanks and I also know how long it's taken us to perfect it. So go big or go home really.

Are you guys running out of ammunition? It sure sounds like it.

I removed that foolish thread because you were doing nothing but try to find out who is running ILance and that's not acceptable. You posted in PRE-SALES and pre-sales is there to HELP you BUY. That thread had well over 14 replies from myself and existing licensed CUSTOMERS TRYING TO HELP YOU with your decision process. What more did you want? they told you it was a great solution and you couldn't find better but you and I both know your intention wasn't to buy, it was to fish. That's a no no. I don't entertain fishy customers especially those from DP. This forum doesn't have the best reputation according to some of the bigger boards from what it appears. Watch this you'll find this interesting when doing a search on Google for "Digital Point Scam" : http://www.google.com/search?q=digi...ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8&sourceid=ie7&rlz=1I7GGLL_en

Why are there OVER 2.6 MILLION scams coming from this forum? You guys make me laugh.

A privacy policy is in place to protect my customers from people like you. I've seen your kind plenty before - you're the troll who likes to start shit but has absolutely nothing to back it up. Same thing here really. You're either talking about ILance or your talking about NamePros. Pick one. When my real potential customers come to learn about ILance they don't want to see your foolish threads talking about who is running ILance. That's nobody's business but the customer who invested. ILance is a framework capable of taking your ideas to the next level. It's not something that brings you dinner on a silver platter. You gotta work for it like anything in life. ILance just helps you get there quicker. Godaddy seem to think so. So did SMF and Hotscripts. But those aren't people you know of .... so I won't even go there.

Face it kiddio's, ILance is for Professionals. If you want to run a marketplace for under $200 go with php probids or other. You'll find this solution fits right up your alley. In fact, I saw this being pirated here on DP not too long ago. Are you bugging ILance because you can't afford it? What's really going on here? ... I wonder... :) Come on, $500 is nothing to get a professional marketplace up and running. It sure beats paying $250k per year for a remotely hosted solution like other firms are charging. Why don't you go bug them? Well you can't because they ownz you. Me on the other hand, this is good for marketing. So let's keep this thread active shall we?

How many dollars do you think ebay makes every minute? How about Guru or Elance or Rentacoder? You guys are not seeing the potential because you're too happy with badmouthing a product you just simply cannot afford. Trust me, I built ILance because there was a gap in the market. Now there is no longer a gap. ILance serves it's customers and their end users very well. Did you guys know that customers actually promote their business through major media news using ILance? You know, prime time news..? (see the first post of this thread for a url). How the heck did that happen? Why didn't the script fail? Something doesn't add up here slinky/slinger2424 or whoever you are lol. Who are you really? do you even have a name? if so tell me. I'd like to know more about you so we can talk over the phone about any further issues you have with a product you've never invested in.

When you do find an old outdated pirated version of ILance you'll begin to realize that it's not a working version because it was designed that way. Do you think I'm a foolish business man? GYSN actually got pretty close to scamming me but after I went to the gysn's merchant account I messed up their business pretty good. No more eGold for them among other payment gateways they try to scam good people with.

I wasn't born yesterday and I'm certainly entertained with your continous bumping of this great thread because when you really sit back, and look at ILance and then take into consideration these foolish comments and replies like children do when they reach 3rd grade you'll begin to see the potential like a real business person would. In fact, the more you bump this thread, the more sales we make. When it was first started, Jayyyyy had a problem and wasn't sure what to do. Instead of coming to the place he bought to get upset and rant and rave he came here. WHO ARE YOU? this isn't even your thread. To be honest, at first I thought this would be very bad PR until we started seeing an influx of people coming from DP to buy!

So who's next in line? Anyone want to take a stab at ILance you are more than welcome. There is nothing to hide and good coin to be made. It's a shame nobody in this thread will have the chance to buy it other than the existing customers already in this thread (mwhopple and jayyyyy).. maybe more.. I'm not sure.

PS - Speaking of NamePros... I've updated the ILance thread on that site with updated screen shots, new features, AJAX controls, inline editing and of course realtime live bidding now available. Check it out. AJAX is going to be a huge part of the upcoming release. Check it out: http://www.namepros.com/scripts-for-sale/409249-start-powerful-marketplace-2008-earn-like.html

Until the next bump...

psalzmann, Nov 4, 2008 IP
  5. fallingforme

fallingforme Peon

Best Answers:
    Peter,

Ive been looking for an auction script during the past few days. Just the fact that you're so real has made very seriously consider your software. If what you say is true concerning DP members buying your product, its because youve made them feel as if youre someone they can have a beer or burger with.

Its nice to see someone to passionate about something.

Anyway. Ive conducted a search on google for "powered by ilance" and i cant say im impressed by any of the auctions sites ive seen. All that i did see were dead and looked like your demo. Of course that can be for a vast number of reasons...the owners dont promote well... bad niche... things like that. So dead auctions sites dont worry me.

What i want to ask of you, if its not against ur privacy policy, to please either PM me or reply here the more successful sites usuing your software. I want to see just how nice a site can look when using your script. I have seen the domystuff.com one and it is very nice.

Im about 80% sure im buying your script. I just need a little more info.

Last thing, what do you think of AJ Square and why is your script better?

Best Regards,
    Manuel

fallingforme, Nov 24, 2008 IP
  6. slinky

slinky Banned

Best Answers:
    That excuse of a forum is worth running away from. dnforum and numerous others are far superior and honest, IMHO. Regarding the script, I tried to take it up with "RJ" for months. If we're talking about the same guy, which it appears we may very well be, he ignored all of us and took the money and ran. So you can brown nose all you want, but "RJ" is what he is and I found out the hard way - as did many others. Behind numerous "Internet success stories" is more sleaze than there is in all of Las Vegas. The fact that there is substantial editing of forums that supposedly are "free talk" is not surprising.

I snipped the rest of your rambling. Honestly, my first thought was wondering whether the word "medication" should apply.

So let me get this straight - you've just insulted every member here and WE may YOU laugh? LOLOLOL.

Let's choose RJ. If it's the same guy and I'm right, what are you willing to do - pay me $5,000 as liquidated damages? You're just talk.

With regard to iLance, if you're deleting legitimate questions and going on an insane rant like you are, you've given new customers the answer they need to know about the purchasing experience.

This is good for marketing iLance? ROFL! Is that what you're trying to do? LOL. It's clear you have no clue what you're talking about. Oh yes, it's a choice between paying $250K just to RENT software like 'everyone else' or buy iLance for $2,000 or whatever the resulting cost is. Whatever thoughts I've ever had of inquiring about that software you've made sure that I feel good to just run away... fast.

It's not worth responding more. People here can think whatever they want about namepros, RJ and iLance and decide if they want to run away screaming. I'm sorry that you spent so much time away from your Wii in order to write this long rant. Don't bother replying.

slinky, Dec 3, 2008 IP
  7. slinky

slinky Banned

Best Answers:
    Manuel - I did a good deal of research myself. I asked a few polite questions and got the same inane ranting at those forums (before they were deleted). The sites I saw also gave me the same concern. Is it possible that it is the site owner's issue? Sure, but I wasn't about to pay that kind of money just to find out. I couldn't find others with good experiences and found others complaining about bugs. Now I wish Peter would have been more forthcoming and helped me find these success stories but that didn't happen. I've spent quite a bit invested so it's not a question about the money but whether it's more loss of time, efforts and money for the software and especially for customization. If I can't find a few examples of proof of success for the greatest script in the world... then I have to really wonder about what I'm buying.

All Peter had to do was speak kindly and explain his reasoning. I didn't hear any answers to legitimate, tough questions. The fact is that he owes me and numerous other people an apology. Until then, replying isn't even necessary.

Regarding the licensing costs, they are what they are. He thinks that if he can say "$500" often enough you'll forget about what the practical costs are and just plunk the money down. Instead of providing a polite response, I got more than an earful of insults and a detailed explanation of how everyone else is wrong. It's your call and we're all looking forward to hearing your review if you want to take a taste for $500 (assuming you aren't associated with him in any way...) Good luck.

slinky, Dec 3, 2008 IP
  8. mycoolgiftideas

mycoolgiftideas Peon

Best Answers:
    I've tried all possible ways to convince myself to buy this script for over 4 years now. I already have on developed, but I wanted something like ilance with better features

However today again, no matter what I do to convince myself, Ilance seems to be a risky investment every time.

The owner should step back and rebuild this platform from scratch I think... It will save him more in the long run.

There is no smoke without fire I say...

mycoolgiftideas, Dec 21, 2008 IP
  9. psalzmann

psalzmann Member

Best Answers:
    Gentlemen, thanks for the bump.

Thanks for your interest. Wow, 4 years is a huge amount of time to review ILance. I mean wow, I've been writing the code since 2002, and it's almost 2009 now, so that means you've been trying to convince yourself for the past 4 years to purchase? Just purchase it already. In fact, I'll give you a deal. Just PM me and I'll take care of you.

Just a reminder that anyone who is coming from this thread that is interested in ILance now has the opportunity of saving 10% off your ILance license until the end of the year.

No better time than the present to kick start the new year with a marketplace solution especially when there are so many people buying online now than ever! At ILance, we take care of you.

How?

- We write solid, consistant code
    - We understand our clients need highly scalable web apps
    - We provide an API for your ongoing development integrated into ILance

For example, ILance has written an API system which allows developers to start writing their own addons! Learn More.

What if I run into an issue?

If your issue cannot be resolved from the FAQ, once you are licensed you have full access to report a bug in the Official ILance Bug Tracker. This is where Team ILance and customers interact, converse and tackle simple to advanced logic scenerios based on everything and anything "auction" or "freelance" specific. In fact, it's a lot of fun hearing new ideas, suggestions and many user-driven input making ILance the number one choice for reverse auction software and/or forward auction product solutions.

I want to buy ILance but I'm still not convinced. Convince Me.

Here's the thing. You either love ILance or you don't. It's how it works. What many don't realize is ILance cannot cater to everyones demands. So we've made all templates in the software 100% html without any PHP so your designer can quickly give your marketplace the look and feel you need. From my experience, I've seen jaw dropping designs and layouts to simple and creative such as DoMyStuff.com. A new marketplace powered by ILance I'm really starting to enjoy is Bim Bim. It's powerful in many ways. Especially how ILance is able to provide that customer with multiple language interface and he was able to easily translate it into his own locale. Myself and my lead development engineers are very hard at work. Wait until you see what 2009 has in store! :)

If that's not enough, then consider something more. Ask yourself which Auction Software on the Internet today has put more than one customer on Prime Time news based on an innovative marketplace solution? If you've given up then remember it is ILance.

In Other News

ILance 3.1.7 was just released on Dec. 16, 2008. It's our latest efforts in attempts to provide much needed AJAX features, new modal windows offering 1-click logins and registrations to let users start buying and selling quickly.

Please use coupon code DIGITALPOINT10 when placing your order.

See you there and Merry Christmas to everyone (including Slinky and other enthusiasts).

Peter

psalzmann, Dec 21, 2008 IP
  10. JRayers

JRayers Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I just wanted to drop in and say that in my short experience using iLance software it has been very enjoyable and easy to use. No software is perfect but the support and fixes offered are prompt and concise.

JRayers, Dec 24, 2008 IP
  11. Merigot123

Merigot123 Peon

Best Answers:
    I'm glad I found this post because i was in a process of investing with them. A time and money saver. Good timing.

GM

Merigot123, Dec 24, 2008 IP
  12. Vooler

Vooler Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    There is one reliable script is is comming in the scene. their demo

regards

Vooler, Dec 25, 2008 IP
  13. Barti1987

Barti1987 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    From reading the response, I don't see how Ilance is at fault...

Trying to blackmail a company is just a stupid move, let alone it makes you look like an idiot.

Without solid evidence, Ilance can close this thread by contacting one of the admins.

Peace,

Barti1987, Dec 25, 2008 IP
  14. slinky

slinky Banned

Best Answers:
    I just got pinged for this thread. What on earth are you talking about?

slinky, Jan 9, 2009 IP
  15. cpamethods

cpamethods Banned

Best Answers:
    how about now?
    how is ilance looing now?i am concerning

cpamethods, Jan 9, 2009 IP
  16. nrnf

nrnf Peon

Best Answers:
    Any new infos about iLance ?
    I am thinking about inveting time and money in it, but reading this and other coments I don't know who to trust.

Any news ?

nrnf, Jan 31, 2009 IP
  17. qinwubi

qinwubi Peon

Best Answers:
    Hi there!
    Some folks were asking how is ilance now. I'd like to share my very recent experience.
    I've been evaluating auction software for a while now. I found ilance and I tried their front end demo inside & out by creating 3 users, creating new projects, bidding, and messaging, etc. Things turned out ok. And I'm actually impressed by their front end features and usability, except a few tricky & shaky buttons, which are not big deal.

Then I'm really thinking of purchasing a copy of their script. But before that, I found that it was not possible for me to access their backend side of the demo. How would you suppose customers to buy your scripts without letting them try the admin demo?! Then I thought ok, maybe they're not open the admin to the whole world simply to prevent it from been messed up by testers. So I contacted them from their website for a pointer & credentials to their demo admin. But so far I get no response.

My evaluation has to move on and I cannot wait for ever. So I searched their forum for "admin demo". There're a few dozen of threads regarding this, many of them is users like me confused not being able to get access. What's weird to me is that all (I mean ALL) the threads asking questions like "is there an admin demo" cannot be open and are redirected to their contact form. This makes me very uncomfortable.

Peter, if you're reading this message, pls make sure that I'm not trying to add fuel to this fire. Actually I'm a very potention buyer of your software. But as I said, how could you suppose your customer to buy a business oriented portal script without trying its admin demo? If you're so confident about your product (which I believe, as most founders Love their baby!), stand out, and open the admin demo to potential customers. Indeed, I'm very impressed by the front end side based on what I've seen and tested so far in the demo.

I'll be waiting for some response until end of July. After that, I'm a customer of PhpAuction.

Until then.

qinwubi, Jul 16, 2009 IP
  18. psalzmann

psalzmann Member

Best Answers:
    Hi qinwubi,

Buttons can be easily changed by use of the Phrase manager. By "tricky & shaky buttons" can you please explain more detail about this issue you face? what's happening exactly? I'm happy your experience in testing the software using 3 different user roles worked as you expected. We've been really listening to our customers and have been bending over backwards by resolving all issues. I'd like to say it's perfect but then this would be a lie. Nothing is perfect but we certainly can try to do the best we can :)

Good question. I won't bore you to death on what users and competitors' attempt to do in the ILance Admin Control Panel, so I'll give you a few for humor sake:

1. Attempt to inject <script> into the CSS manager and everywhere in hopes to impress their friends and rave about hacking ILance :)

2. Delete phrases, change phrases into vulgar comments, real nice for real clients demoing the software eh?

3. Mess with the CSS manager.

4. ILance now offers a completely integrated addon/product/plugin system so developers can easily create hacks, addons and new products from the ILance Framework. It's gaining more attention over the past several months and we've produced quite a few popular addons. Some "testers" try to abuse this by uploading non-product installation files in attempts to hack the server and we're sick of seeing "Invalid Product Uploaded" email responses so something had to be done.

Simply put, Team ILance now likes to know who is demoing the backend. By you and others requesting the admincp demo, our team is able to cater to you on a personal basis to answer any questions, comments, concerns and other aspects of purchasing software so the entire experience is professional and fully understood.

Exactly.

Erin mentioned she responded to you. Remember, we don't always answer "Forum PM's" so it's best to contact us securely and directly here: https://www.ilance.com/contact Expect a response within 1 to 24 hours.

I guess I can see your frustration. I apologize for the run around. Contact us from the page I've listed above and we'll send you the AdminCP login credentials. It's as simple as that. I'm not sure why you've come to this thread. BTW, what's your email address? Send me a PM and I'll check to see when you contact us last. I doubt your questions went unasnwered as Erin from sales is eager to help you get started with the license of your choice.

This statement is like your last but reversed. I think I've answered your question.

I agree. I would never purchase a product that I could not manage, control, update, maintain or edit before a purchase of any price, large or small. All you need(ed) to do was to contact us and a user/pass would be granted to you.

Thanks for your kind words. If you love the front end you'll absolutely enjoy the Admin Control Panel. It's new, updated and enhanced to really drive sales, show better stats, more control and overall extremely easy to use. The key to this update over the past several months was to ensure that the main owner of the marketplace sees what is needed most, direction in terms of how revenue and other related income generating facilities within ILance is doing overall. A new transaction revenue manager has been implemented and is totally awesome.

Hey now! PHPAuction is a great piece of software. I encourage you to use what you feel is best for you. They are also pretty established in the market and have a pretty good share of customers. Let's not turn this thread into a battle of which marketplace solution is better than the next because there is no comparison. ILance is second to none as a product and supported solution (sorry I had to throw that in) :) but PHPauction has many years more established than ILance, kudos to them for sticking it through all these years. I wonder if they are still supporting their product..

If you're a real customer of PHPauctions and when you're ready to switch to ILance I'll give you a 5% discount off the top of the entire purchase. I'll do this for you to make up for the recent issues you've been having and for making the switch from this software to ILance. That's only fair to you. I understand this admin control panel issue has been very devistating for you and I'd like for you to be happy, not upset. No worries, we will work with you to show you the potential of ILance. It's what we do best.

Let's resolve this now:

I've made it so you can't tweak the admincp or save anything. You can look but you cannot touch using this account. At least you can see what it feels like. When you become a licensed customer you can do what you like with your own ILance marketplace, on your own web site and domain.

ILance Admin Control Panel URL:
    http://demo.ilance.com/admincp/

user: master
    pass: master

Enjoy.

PS - I have some questions I'd like you to answer above if it's not too much to ask. RE: Tricky buttons. I'm not sure what you mean and I'd like for you to explain more. The reason I'm asking is because we've just launched our public beta of the latest version of ILance - 3.1.8 and it's now fully UTF-8 ready. Perhaps a button you were viewing was a blank phrase? Let me know more because we're looking at capturing any final issues before the main release next week!!

In fact, if you're interested in helping review this version in closer detail, please PM me here and I'll knock off another 5% off the top of the purchase again for helping report any final issues.

Whoever else is interested in this proposal, PM me too :) The more the merrier.

Take care,

Peter

psalzmann, Jul 16, 2009 IP
  19. qinwubi

qinwubi Peon

Best Answers:
    Hi Peter,

Thank you for the detailed explaination. I'll certainly try the admin panel during this weekend. Appreciated.
    Sorry if it confused you. By tricky buttons, I mean a few functions are a little tricky to have them work properly. 1) The attachment function when creating a new project. The attached file is not shoing there during the Preview step. Then you have to click "Upload" again to bring up the pop up window. There you'll see the attached file already there during the 1st step. All you need to do is to click "Close Window" again, and the file will now show up.
    2) The Refine your search functions. An example is that if you tick refine by # of bids to be between 10 & 20, and refine the search. Then simply uncheck the "Bids" radio button doesn't lift the refine. You have to go back and first set # of bids to Less than 10, and then uncheck "Bids". I hope I've explained it clearly to you.

qinwubi, Jul 17, 2009 IP
  20. holdmoon

holdmoon Peon

Best Answers:
    thank you

i don't like ilance scritpt

holdmoon, Jul 20, 2009 IP